Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

Lords of Chaos. Based upon the book of the same name about Euronymous (Mayhem), Varg Vikernes (Burzum) and the early Norwegian black metal scene.

It's okay, not great. Worth seeing if you know nothing of the story. 6/10

Edited by downwithhope

11 minutes ago, downwithhope said:

Lords of Chaos. Based upon the book of the same name about Euronymous (Mayhem), Varg Vikernes (Burzum) and the early Norwegian black metal scene.

It's okay, not great. Worth seeing if you know nothing of the story. 6/10

Read the book years ago....

Saw some clips of this...the thing throwing me off is that no one is even attempting any sort of accent

Just now, sixes said:

Read the book years ago....

Saw some clips of this...the thing throwing me off is that no one is even attempting any sort of accent

Yeah, the accents bothered me, considering its pretty easy for Americans to pull off a Norwegian accent. They could have fucking tried, at least...

It's skirted over in the movie, but it's amazing Euronymous wasn't killed before he was 25. He threatened multiple people with death in his early 20's, and looked to be 5'5" and 100lb tops.

euronymous-belly-shirt.jpg

Fuck me 🤣

When he wasn't in corpsepaint, I always thought he looked a little like GG Allin

Edited by sixes

Malice with Alex Baldwin as Dr Jed Hill:

The question is, 'Do I have a 'God Complex'?...which makes me wonder if this lawyer has any idea as to the kind of grades one has to receive in college to be accepted at a top medical school. Or if you have the vaguest clue as to how talented someone has to be to lead a surgical team. I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, Dennis, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle. But if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I am God.

Aquaman. I want my 2 and a half hours back.

What a load excrements. Special effects and graphics are quality though.

DC has dropped ball. They're shitting out crappy movies like Marvel.

Umbrella Academy looks more promising.

Post Stan Lee they won’t be no more superheroes. 

Edited by wasted

Velvet Buzzsaw. 

So much more fucked up than I thought it was going to be. It might have been truly awful. 

Edited by wasted

I took all my dvds out of their cases and put them into folders. That saved a lot of space. 

How do you digitally save dvds? Burning cds was solved but I thought needed something big to burn dvds? 

In the end streaming is the library and The Departed on blu ray is my final solution. I will one day drop those folders in a bin in an unnamed park like evidence from a murder. 

Actually it’s very annoying I spent millions of dollars on cds and dvds, building up a vast and unmanagable collection. Then

they just put everything online streaming! They took my life!

Bull Durham & Field of Dreams

Been awhile since I'd seen either. Got me amped up for baseball season

Next up....Bad News Bears

25 minutes ago, sixes said:

Bull Durham & Field of Dreams

Been awhile since I'd seen either. Got me amped up for baseball season

Next up....Bad News Bears

There’s only one baseball movie. Major League and League of their Own. Okay that’s two. He points to the scoreboard!

giphy.gif

An Affair to Die For. Similar to Velvet Buzzsaw but not as weird. Both are equally preposterous made for dvd movies. This one is like Trespass with Nic Cage. 

12 minutes ago, magisme said:

Who decided Steve Coogan was good?

If you think he's shit (he is), try watching those Trip movies he does. The other guy may be the most annoying, unfunny cunt ever. He almost makes Coogan palatable (he isn't)

2 minutes ago, sixes said:

If you think he's shit (he is), try watching those Trip movies he does. The other guy may be the most annoying, unfunny cunt ever. He almost makes Coogan palatable (he isn't)

I'm not sure I could handle Steve Coogan + Even Worse Than Steve Coogan.