Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Aquaman 

💩 / 10

Why do you go to these movies that you already know you are going to hate?

I wouldn’t go to a Pitch Perfect movie unless somebody paid me $50. I stopped going to super hero movies because they are all virtually they same. 

Skip movies that you know you won’t like. 

Life is too short to watch shitty movies or TV shows.

If your wife dragged you to Aquaman, you should have snuck some booze in there and just got shit hammered.  Ultimately, she wanted to see Jason Mamoa and get her panties wet, so maybe you got laid afterwards?

I'd sit through a shitty two hour super hero movie if I knew it was gonna get me laid by an extra-horny chick.

The only truly amazing movie I watched all year was "Network" and it's over 40 fucking years old.  It's so goddamn good I'm watching it again, something I rarely do.  Not only is Faye Dunaway totally my type, but goddamn is it the most accurate prediction of society this side of 1984.  If you've never seen it I implore you to give it a viewing.  Just think of it as a darker version of "Anchorman."   It's soooo good.  The dialogue just snaps and the performances and satire are amazing.  Ned Beatty's scene is the stuff of immortal film legend.  Watch it.

10 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Aquaman 

💩 / 10

Nate, I'd be happy to bring your young wife to the next superhero films she'd like to watch 🍿

5 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

The only truly amazing movie I watched all year was "Network" and it's over 40 fucking years old.  It's so goddamn good I'm watching it again, something I rarely do.  Not only is Faye Dunaway totally my type, but goddamn is it the most accurate prediction of society this side of 1984.  If you've never seen it I implore you to give it a viewing.  Just think of it as a darker version of "Anchorman."   It's soooo good.  The dialogue just snaps and the performances and satire are amazing.  Ned Beatty's scene is the stuff of immortal film legend.  Watch it.

@magisme 

Was this on the list I sent you? If not, add that shit toot sweet

On 12/21/2018 at 10:18 PM, arnold layne said:

Wife.

Popcorn. Candy. Soda pop. And a hand or blow job. That makes any 90-minute enjoyable. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

The only truly amazing movie I watched all year was "Network" and it's over 40 fucking years old. 

Thanks for the tip.

Reviews of recent films I can remember seeing (all 7/10)

The Leisure Seeker  7/10 I try to get a perspective on what life will be like when I'm really old.

The Prestige 7/10 Christopher Nolan preying camera feel. Story moves quickly. Cringe parts made me laugh. Non-linear storytelling exhausting as in The Fountain.

The Piano 6/10 Respectable that they could make a movie about a single recital.

The Double 7/10 Weird film. I liked the characters. Also cameo by J. Mascis @John Bonham

Singing in the Rain 6/10 Heard this was the greatest musical. I don't quite get musicals. They never seem to have any good songs. It was okay.
Hotel Transylvania 7/10 Okay family film. Better than expected. Thought it was going to be an Illumination film and really bad.

The Labyrinth 7/10 Reminder that David Bowie was trained as a mime/juggler.

The Incredibles 2  6/10 Okay as a family film but not as great as the hype.

Fantastic Beasts 7/10 I really don't get the praise of J K Rowling but wanted to like it.

2 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

Thanks for the tip.

Reviews of recent films I can remember seeing (all 7/10)

Hide contents

The Leisure Seeker  7/10 I try to get a perspective on what life will be like when I'm really old.

The Prestige 7/10 Christopher Nolan preying camera feel. Story moves quickly. Cringe parts made me laugh. Non-linear storytelling exhausting as in The Fountain.

The Piano 6/10 Respectable that they could make a movie about a single recital.

The Double 7/10 Weird film. I liked the characters. Also cameo by J. Mascis @John Bonham

Singing in the Rain 6/10 Heard this was the greatest musical. I don't quite get musicals. They never seem to have any good songs. It was okay.
Hotel Transylvania 7/10 Okay family film. Better than expected. Thought it was going to be an Illumination film and really bad.

The Labyrinth 7/10 Reminder that David Bowie was trained as a mime/juggler.

The Incredibles 2  6/10 Okay as a family film but not as great as the hype.

Fantastic Beasts 7/10 I really don't get the praise of J K Rowling but wanted to like it.

I love The Prestige

Bad Times at the Ridgemont Royale was shit.

Mary Poppins Returns was OK, but shit compared to the original.

Bird Box was better than I expected.

You Were Never Really Here was good. 

I enjoyed Mile 22 as well. 

I’ve seen Patriots Day too but it’s from 2016. 

Edited by wasted

Vice was good. It is basically a prequel to The Big Short. The Favourite was a solid black comedy. Good Time still remains the best movie I have seen over the past couple of years. 

Network 8/10 was definitely ahead of its time and relevant but I didn't live in the 70s. Ending was unexpected. Good suggestion by Estranged TWAT.

Limitless 3/10 overall kind of predictable and didn't get what the overall point was. No subplot and every scene is Bradley Cooper.