Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Enter the Void - a truly unwatchable film.  Just the director's middle finger to the audience for 2 hours.  anyone who says they liked it is lying, to try to get some indie street cred.  Having said that!!!    Has perhaps my favorite opening title sequence of all time

I couldn't disagree with you more. I guess we just don't see eye to eye. The cinematic experience is an escape, and for me this was perfection. I have never seen anything like it, and probably won't see for a while. I'm very glad I watched, and wished I had seen it years ago.  

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, Sauerkraut said:

Did you die from autoerotic asphyxiation jerking it to Scarlett's CG body in the intro?

All this time I thought you were talking about 1995 GitS. I much prefer that one in my opinion.

MoviePass might be on it's deathbed.

Stock went down 71% Friday - yup, in just one day.  Since Wednesday it's been down 90%.  If not for a recent 250-1 reverse stock split, it would be trading at 1.5 cents per share.

That's because they literally ran out of money and had to shut down the service temporarily.

I'm struggling to think of how they could possibly pull themselves out of this mess.

20 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

MoviePass might be on it's deathbed.

I cancelled my membership

They had recently upped the price, lessened the moving going options, and added inflated costs for high popularity movies.

It's dead, Jim. 

May I ask are you sure it's dead? Like would you go back? I remember hearing about infinite movie thing 6 months ago. I wasn't aware of the recent changes.

I've heard the new Mission in Possible is excellent. I might go see it. Stvck/\/\ann made it sound epic.

Edited by meatpuppet

You guys should see Shock and Awe. 

It's kind of a shit movie but it exposes the MSM for the propagandizing losers they are

11 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

May I ask are you sure it's dead? Like would you go back?

Because it's an unsustainable business model.

They're only going to get more pressure from studios and distributors to raise prices.

They have a rule where you can't rejoin for like 9 months after you cancel so no, fuck them.

MIP was okay but I was not really invested in the characters. The unpredictable parts were actually predictable.

I would like to see another movie that blows my mind.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:08 AM, Sauerkraut said:

Because it's an unsustainable business model.

They're only going to get more pressure from studios and distributors to raise prices.

They have a rule where you can't rejoin for like 9 months after you cancel so no, fuck them.

In a nutshell, they grossly underestimated the usage.

They thought it would be like Planet Fitness, charging $10 a month with most people going only once every other week or even less.

Instead they had most people seeing movies once or twice a week, therefore they should have priced it at $15-$20 per month to make a profit.  I know people that bought the $100 annual subscription and were using it 3 times a week.

I don't have a problem with the no-rejoin rule, though.  Otherwise people would be constantly jumping on and off to save even more money.

In fact I got totally fucked by AAA because they DON'T have a rule like that.  One month after my membership renewed, I got rid of my old car and no longer needed AAA.  They refused to give me a pro-rated refund of the annual fee, something they never told me would happen.  I'll be damned if I ever sign up with them again.

On 7/14/2018 at 8:38 AM, bacardimayne said:

god damn did that jurassic world sequel ever suck

jurassic world: fallen kingdom

more like fallen franchise

Word. It`s the worst in the franchise by far.

The first movie is a classic. They should have stopped then and there.

Even the second one was underwhelming though still much better than subsequent subpar parts.

"Drive" is shit.  Navel gazing, wistful "remember the 80s" shit. 

"Slow" does not equal "artistic."   Nine times out of ten, "slow" just means "boring as fuck."

The unchecked hubris on these self-indulgent directors is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

Going to see Drive soon. I liked Only God Forgives so I have high hopes.

Fuck Drive. Watch Locke instead

I find both Locke and Drive extremely boring.

However, Drive is more tedious. Locke benefits from Tom Hardy`s performance.

He`s ten times the actor fucking Ryan Gosling will ever be.

Saw BlacKkKlansman today. New Spike Lee joint starring Denzel's son, John David Washington. JDW and Adam Driver carried the movie. Topher Grace as David Duke was awesome too in his limited scenes.