GNFNRs Film Thread

4 minutes ago, president-elect sixes said:

After the first 3, the Hellraiser movies fall off a steep cliff.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen all of the Elm St movies. I gotta get on that.

Hellraiser 2 still has the scariest cenobite to me - The Doctor. He has my favorite quote 

"and to think... I hesitated"

I await your Nightmare on Elm Street list! lol

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cats.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG.mkv  

can't stop laughing at the predictable utter failure of Birds of Prey   >released as "Birds of Prey or the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn", title changed to "Harley Quinn: B

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

aren't those the anti-prequel fags who did those plinkett reviews and then went on to give the sequels good reviews

fuck em

Yeah they’ve taken a dive in quality. Jesse leaving Mike killed the show. 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (9/10) - I am about to get dragged across coals. I read all the books as a kid. In fact I remember reading the first book in one night. 

I have a few reasons as to why I think this movie deserves high praise. 

There are moments in the movie that are actually funny. Whoever wrote the script took humor in the fact in making kids say shit a kid wouldn't say. I don't have any examples. Mainly Harry would say something important to make the progress the story, and Ron will say something ironic.

It also stays pretty true to the book. I think JK Rowling was involved in writing the movie too, which means the director couldn't fuck it all up. 

John William's score is brilliant as always. I think when he dies people will say how much they missed him. Bunch of normies. I am showing appreciation before everyone else is.

The movie keeps the casual viewer interested enough to want to read the books too.

The movie aged pretty good. Especially since I haven't seen it in sixteen years or so. 

I am eager to continue the series and may read the books again too.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:52 AM, Donald Trump said:

I watched Slacker again the other day. Alex Jones would have been great as the JFK conspiracy guy. 

It’s almost a tour of everything that has happened. Madonna Pap smear predicts the craziness of celebrities on twitter, there’s the conspiracy guy, then he goes up to meet that couple who seem very Don Draper, then there’s the guy with the TVs a precursor to having 7 digital devices in your house. 

My Shatner Star Trek reviews

Spoiler

1. TMP. 7.5/10 Sort of big budget but no Star Wars. Reminds me of Logan's Run. The earth base is basically a shopping mall/airport. I think I liked this story the most. Problem is that it really is just one story so you are waiting for the movie to end. The furniture and everything is very 70s.

Stephen Collins. Hmmmm.

2. Wrath of Khan: 7/10 Ricardo Montelban of the hair metal band "Nimbus" takes over a local news station. Seemed like a lower budget. I saw this one right after and noticed they reused exact same Klingon footage from the first movie. I read the creator Roddenberry was removed from the project because the first one was disappointing. Paul Winfield is in this. I see his name in credits for a lot of movies I have and haven't seen. The problem with franchises is they are hampered by retcon and redundancy. The CGI was impressive for that era.

3. Search for Spock 6.5/10

Kirstie Alley was replaced with someone else, someone boring. Not that it mattered. Christopher Lloyd is a Klingon but sounds like Christopher Lloyd. I don't remember much from it. Not as good as the second one.

4. Voyage Home 7/10

This one had a lot of funny moments. The story is pretty obscure. I had no idea artificial intelligence was such a big part of a Star Trek. They all looked old but this is the first one that they looked like AARP members. They would never make a move like this now. That's just the way it is.

5. The Final Frontier 7.5/10

This one was really hated but I kind of like it. The opening feels very early 90s with fancy Fincher camerawork. Like a music video. Gimmicky now. Doesn't play out with rest of the movie. Also canon for the the three-boobed alien (before Total Recall)  Maybe that's what inspired Fincher's Alien3).

6. Undiscovered Country. 4/10

Liked this one the least of all of them. Murder She Wrote in space. Dog the Bounty Hunter makes a cameo. Kim Cattrall may be hot but she cannot act. Title doesn't really make any sense.

7. Star Trek Generations. I don't feel like seeing this one. Maybe some other time. I liked the camaraderie of the Shatner ones. I think I remember seeing a news item on this back in the day. Them all wearing 18th century sailing costumes was retarded. And that's considering everything else you accept with it.

The stories all interconnect which was surprising so it is like one really long movie. I thought that they all hated each other and everyone hated Shatner especially for being an egoist. There's a lot of stories like. All in all I think they made good movies and they even directed some of their own. It was fun.

13 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

My Shatner Star Trek reviews

Hide contents

1. TMP. Sort of big budget but no Star Trek. Reminds me of Logan's Run. The earth base is basically a shopping mall/airport. I think I liked this story the most. Problem is that it really is just one story so you are waiting for the movie to end. The furniture and everything is very 70s.

Stephen Collins. Hmmmm.

2. Wrath of Khan: Ricardo Montelban of the hair metal band "Nimbus" takes over a local news station. Seemed like a lower budget. I saw this one right after and noticed they reused exact same Klingon footage from the first movie. I read the creator Roddenberry was removed from the project because the first one was disappointing. Paul Winfield is in this. I see his name in credits for a lot of movies I have and haven't seen. The problem with franchises is they are hampered by retcon and redundancy. The CGI was impressive for that era.

3. Search for Spock 7/10

Kirstie Alley was replaced with someone else, someone boring. Not that it mattered. Christopher Lloyd is a Klingon but sounds like Christopher Lloyd. I don't remember much from it. Not as good as the second one.

4. Voyage Home 7/10

This one had a lot of funny moments. The story is pretty obscure. I had no idea artificial intelligence was such a big part of a Star Trek. They all looked old but this is the first one that they looked like AARP members. They would never make a move like this now. That's just the way it is.

5. The Final Frontier 7.5/10

This one was really hated but I kind of like it. The opening feels very early 90s with fancy Fincher camerawork. Like a music video. Gimmicky now. Doesn't play out with rest of the movie. Also canon for the the three-boobed alien (before Total Recall)  Maybe that's what inspired Fincher's Alien3).

6. Undiscovered Country. 4/10

Liked this one the least of all of them. Murder She Wrote in space. Dog the Bounty Hunter makes a cameo. Kim Cattrall may be hot but she cannot act. Title doesn't really make any sense.

7. Star Trek Generations. I don't feel like seeing this one. Maybe some other time. I liked the camaraderie of the Shatner ones. I think I remember seeing a news item on this back in the day. Them all wearing 18th century sailing costumes was retarded. And that's considering everything else you accept with it.

Somehow, I've never seen any Star Trek tv shows. The original Star Trek used to be on every night when I was a kid, pre-cable. At 11pm, I'd watch The Odd Couple, 1130 The Honeymooners. Midnight would be Star Trek but I'd either go to sleep or watch the second half of Johnny Carson. In the summer, when I didnt have to wake up early for school, I'd switch to Carson then watch David Letterman.....

Fuck me...I did watch all the Star Trek movies a few years back though. Found em to be kind of blah. 

On 11/20/2020 at 10:56 PM, president-elect sixes said:

Finished rewatching the Halloweens....

1. Original

2. H2O

3. Part 2

4. The Return

5. Season Of The Witch

6. 2018

7. Zombie Part 2 

8. Zombie

9. The Curse

10. The Revenge

11. Resurrection

Halloween is the one popular horror series I could never get into. That and Leprechaun

Michael Myers is just so boring lol

I finally watched a movie.

The Highwaymen - Costner and Marty.

I really enjoyed it. It’sbasically The two guys hunting Bonnie n Clyde. 

Its pretty slow like The Irishman, it’s not the greatest movie ever, kind of understated but engaging enough. Kind of like True Detective, could see Costner in the next TD. 

Might watch Gangster Squad next. 

On 11/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, Val said:

Halloween is the one popular horror series I could never get into. That and Leprechaun

Michael Myers is just so boring lol

Most of the Halloween movies range from shitty to terrible. And while I like Michael Myers, I get the boring thing. His mask isnt iconic like Jason's hockey mask and he doesnt talk which gives Freddy and Pinhead personality