GNFNRs Film Thread

55 minutes ago, Wilco said:

I can't stand Adam Sandler. His shtick is and has always been so cringe to me. Everything about him is just cringe. I don't know why people ever thought he was funny. Jim Carrey was funny, Eddie Murphy was, Chevy Chase was, Chris Farley was, Mike Myers was, Wayne World's one of my favorite movies of all time but his shit wore thin too, but the point is a lot of the SNL alumni are genuinely funny or were. But Adam Sandler? No. Never have understood how he had any sort of career.

Oh fuck off. Happy Gilmore is an American classic. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cats.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG.mkv  

can't stop laughing at the predictable utter failure of Birds of Prey   >released as "Birds of Prey or the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn", title changed to "Harley Quinn: B

Posted Images

Saw that movie in the theater with my brothers when it came out and even then I was like "what is this steaming pile of dogshit?"

I was really really into the redhead though.

ca07fd372fb9003a71c802ed53d54131.jpg

No, I'm not a pedophile; we're the same age.  I was so jealous of Fred fucking Savage cause she was his love interest.

Apparently her acting career didn't work out, but she found success as a singer both as a solo artist (Jenny Lewis) and with the band Rilo Kiley.

jennylewis.jpg

I "met" her once...technically, and had no idea at all.   I was at one of the clubs from the movie "Swingers" and it was the after party after the Belle & Sebastian and Bright Eyes concert at the Greek Theatre in LA.  I was talking to Conor Oberst and he was fuuuuucked up outta his mind.  She came along and pulled him away like a jealous lover or something.  Sheesh, I was just talking to the guy.  She was super short....I remember her looking less than 5 feet tall.

This was the early 2000s, so no camera phones yet, but I snapped some pics with a disposable.  Years later, someone saw the pics and was like "That angry redhead is Jenny Lewis!"  And I was gutted....I was inches away from the girl I had a crush on in the movie The Wizard.   But it's probably for the best....can you imagine how many times a day some dork ass 40 year old comes up to her and says "uuuummm....I was like, so in love with you when I was 12...."

Probably a lot.

That reminds me of a story this dude told me once.   He was at a comic convention and the old lady that played Miss Tessmacher in the 1978 Superman movie was there signing autographs.

340?cb=20171008125924

And he told her to her face that as a little kid, he got his first ever boner from watching her.   Lol......I gotta respect that level of autism.  Wonder if the tiny part of her that wasn't repulsed was at least a little flattered.

Edited by EstrangedTWAT

It's not Citizen Kane but its a solid pro-family road movie and it shines brightly compared to the juvenile nonsense that comes out these days. 

Yeah I saw booba when I was googling the cast.

After listening to Bill Burr's podcast on Thursday, I downloaded the movie his guest was promoting.

"The Opening Act"

Pretty decent flick actually...about a shy Asian kid that wants to be a stand up comedian.  It's so funny to listen to Burr and Rogan and their friends go on and on and on about the craft of stand up, as if they went to medical school and are specialized surgeons or something.  They stand in front of people and tell jokes, and if the crowd is in a good mood, they laugh.  It's not that fucking hard.

Anyway, this movie is one of those the craft of stand up movies but it was actually a fun, breezy 90 minutes.   Totally harmless, had a few laughs.   Give it a shot.

It's roughly 16,000 times better than "Hubie Halloween."

52 minutes ago, november snow said:

finally watched Harry Potter,watched the first 4 movies...what a trash why was this shit so popular 

pop/teen culture was in such a bleak state in the early 2000s that harry potter was one of the few things that wasn't undeniably shit as a 9-12 year old. "philosopher's stone" is a really solid kid's book, i read it a handful of times that i can remember. i don't understand the people who kept going after turning 13 though and finishing the series. i did eventually watch all the movies and the series just completely loses the plot after the fourth or fifth one.

Edited by bacardimayne

I had never heard of Harry Potter until about the year 2000, cause I was an adult.  But Entertainment Weekly kept raving on and on about how the highly anticipated fourth book was coming out, so I read them all to see what the big fucking deal was.

I think those first four books were really well written and I liked how it took a very dark turn in book four.

But then the movies started coming out and it was this big international sensation, and JK Rowling could pretty much write anything she wanted, and it was clear editors were afraid to actually "edit" her books.  Cause the last three were so bloated and overstuffed with boring shit, they were clearly afraid of pissing her off, like everyone was with Axl.

The movies bored me to tears.  The books were at least kind of fun. 

But again, I'm a fucking adult.  I read the books and was reminded of Roald Dahl books I read as a kid, and then I forgot about them and went on with my life.   Apparently there's millions of retards out there that have based their entire lives around these faggy ass books for children.

I saw a really long version of Heaven’s Gate, I think might make more sense than the first cut. But still hard to say what was going on. It seemed like life and war is confusing and brutal for the poor. There was no American Dream in the American West. 

Edited by wasted
On 10/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, Facekicker said:

I'd happily bin it if it meant never seeing that unfunny annoying cunt ever again. 

His "serious" recent movie about that Jewish diamond merchant was utter unwatchable shit too. 

I'd rather cut off my Johnson than watch a SECOND of an Adam Sandler movie in 2020

Sandler is painfully cringe, NEVER had any talent, EVER, even scientologist Tom Cruise had more talent, hell might be Steven "One face" Segall (who is a permanent b-movie actor by any list) had more acting skills

"Pretending" to be an idiot is not acting, it's just honesty lol

I think the only reason (((they))) keep Sandler alive, is because of his "heritage"

On 10/17/2020 at 9:20 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Saw that movie in the theater with my brothers when it came out and even then I was like "what is this steaming pile of dogshit?"

I was really really into the redhead though.

ca07fd372fb9003a71c802ed53d54131.jpg

No, I'm not a pedophile; we're the same age.  I was so jealous of Fred fucking Savage cause she was his love interest.

Apparently her acting career didn't work out, but she found success as a singer both as a solo artist (Jenny Lewis) and with the band Rilo Kiley.

jennylewis.jpg

I "met" her once...technically, and had no idea at all.   I was at one of the clubs from the movie "Swingers" and it was the after party after the Belle & Sebastian and Bright Eyes concert at the Greek Theatre in LA.  I was talking to Conor Oberst and he was fuuuuucked up outta his mind.  She came along and pulled him away like a jealous lover or something.  Sheesh, I was just talking to the guy.  She was super short....I remember her looking less than 5 feet tall.

This was the early 2000s, so no camera phones yet, but I snapped some pics with a disposable.  Years later, someone saw the pics and was like "That angry redhead is Jenny Lewis!"  And I was gutted....I was inches away from the girl I had a crush on in the movie The Wizard.   But it's probably for the best....can you imagine how many times a day some dork ass 40 year old comes up to her and says "uuuummm....I was like, so in love with you when I was 12...."

Probably a lot.

That reminds me of a story this dude told me once.   He was at a comic convention and the old lady that played Miss Tessmacher in the 1978 Superman movie was there signing autographs.

340?cb=20171008125924

And he told her to her face that as a little kid, he got his first ever boner from watching her.   Lol......I gotta respect that level of autism.  Wonder if the tiny part of her that wasn't repulsed was at least a little flattered.

Yeah, it's for the best, because without any digital tuning, she looks like my grandmom in drag

jeNNYlEWIS-2.jpg

eda68f990aebb253bae1862587c54a2103-26-je

She looks WAAAY to old for a 40 something year old, especially in the current day and age where sluts in their 60's looks better than her without makeup

Modern women look like hot trash.

Also the Sandler murder mystery was good. I’ll give this one a shot. At some point you gotta not take life so seriously.

I mean with content like Cuties and the other prop Netflix peddles a wholesome overly sentimental Sandler flick looks like masterpiece theatre in comparison 

On 10/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, Budd Dwyer said:

I'd rather cut off my Johnson than watch a SECOND of an Adam Sandler movie in 2020

Sandler is painfully cringe, NEVER had any talent, EVER, even scientologist Tom Cruise had more talent, hell might be Steven "One face" Segall (who is a permanent b-movie actor by any list) had more acting skills

"Pretending" to be an idiot is not acting, it's just honesty lol

I think the only reason (((they))) keep Sandler alive, is because of his "heritage"

He’s keeping playing a retard in mainstream movies. A true patriot. 

Borat 2 verdict:

Definitely not a classic like the first, but still has plenty of laugh out loud moments that I won't spoil. Annoyingly politically charged at times but only to the point of being unfunny once or twice. The daughter isn't as bad as I expected save for the dancing scene which should have been cut.

LOL rudy giuliani, what a fucking idiot