GNFNRs Film Thread

I've only seen the director's cut in the 90s; never the theatrical cut.

Since the Final Cut came out, that's the only version I've seen, so that's the one I know and feels to me like the "real" version.  I own it on bluray and was lucky enough to catch it in Imax about a year ago for a special "2019" screening.

It has a slow pace, but it's an awesome movie.  The atmosphere, production design, and music are timeless.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cats.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG.mkv  

can't stop laughing at the predictable utter failure of Birds of Prey   >released as "Birds of Prey or the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn", title changed to "Harley Quinn: B

Posted Images

On 9/15/2020 at 1:50 AM, arnold layne said:

The Muppets Treasure Island (2/10) - Did not follow the original book past halfway through the movie. The fact that it was called Treasure Island was a slap to the face. 

I remember seeing that in the cinemas but I can't recall anything about it besides liking it (?)

On 9/15/2020 at 3:31 AM, bacardimayne said:

jdarzaoak6n51.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

CREEPY CONSERVATIVE

HEAT THE FUCKING OVENS

NOW

Scandal mongers on the right

So

If you don't like pedo apologetic/encouraging disgusting cultural marxism, then you're on the right, regardless of your views about economics or any particular social questions

These people need to die instead of getting a paycheck month to month from the cabal

On 9/20/2020 at 6:01 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

I've only seen the director's cut in the 90s; never the theatrical cut.

Since the Final Cut came out, that's the only version I've seen, so that's the one I know and feels to me like the "real" version.  I own it on bluray and was lucky enough to catch it in Imax about a year ago for a special "2019" screening.

It has a slow pace, but it's an awesome movie.  The atmosphere, production design, and music are timeless.

Not to mention the Tears in rain monologue, Rutger Hauers best work ever

Edit: holy shit, just realised Rutger died in 2019, like his character

Tenet / The 50 foot Tall Woman (6.5/10):

Spoiler

Nolan shtick is getting stale. No character development. All characters are the same. Just one character talking to himself in a mirror. It's like a movie of video game non-playing characters. All happen to be of the same level of sophistication, same level of virtues, just with different trajectories. People's motivations are the biggest example of movie logic that's hard to believe.. People obsessed with virtues, like characters out of Shakespeare. Who wouldn't want to be in a room full of pretentious, emotionless, stoic people? Maybe it's intentional. Maybe Nolan doesn't see actors as interesting and they are just pawns for the subject he'll replace with VR in the future. Well the story is where it's really weak. This movie makes you hate Inception.
A lot of the movie flavor is extrapolated on one physics paradox but itself doesn't make even make quasi-physics sense. A lot of it felt like "opposites" instead of what would actually happen if time did what it did in the film. It felt like Hunger Games. I think a movie that involved quandaries about physics/time would be interesting but it is poorly executed here. It is a far cry from Interstellar which hired Kip Thorn, actual physicist.  
People keep giving him money to make these "ambitious" films. I liked interstellar but didn't like this one. The ending dialogue was just awkward.

Also saw in the theater which was really sad. It was a Sunday I think, normally packed. I almost thought it was closed. They were really happy to see me there. I felt bad. It's going to be a long while before they recover.

• 2 weeks later...

Gone in 60 Seconds (8/10) - Feels like a The Fast and the Furious knockoff, but actually upon further investigation, Gone in 60 Seconds came out before the original. 

Wow. Now I respect the movie even more. The Fast and the Furious are total plagiarists. 

I like Nicolas Cage movies. I always felt he was a little dorky but his movies are consistent. Wish he still acted, but I suppose his best years are way past him now. 

Enjoyed Hamilton a lot more than I thought I would. I'll never watch it again since it's almost 3 hours long and I don't know enough about the founding fathers to really enjoy it, but it was fun. Some real solid numbers sprinkled throughout. Daveed Diggs and the George Washington guy were the standouts.

Box Office Poison/Career Ruiners

Rumblefish 5/10. I think I saw this on the the channel Encore! as a kid in parts and it's entirety but didn't remember most of it. I think this ended FFC's career. One of the most pretentious movies ever. Clouds. Hip Birdman music in the background got annoying after 15 minutes. Only movie with Nicholas Cage where he doesn't yell.

Superman Returns 7/10 it paid homage to the Salkind films which I liked. One of Marlon's last films. The LL character/story is awful though. I'm not a comic guy. Overall it was a good movie but not great. Bryan Singer's cartoon overlays are cheesy and bothersome. The opening credits are shit. Five for Fighting made an alright song though. I thought it was related to the movie but never mind. I think the Iraq war dampened the enthusiasm for this movie.

Edited by meatpuppet

Fairly sure Brando was already dead at that point and they only used leftover stock footage/CGI of him.

Superman Returns truly sucked.  It fucking sucked.  I fell asleep in the theater.  The entire cast was awful and Superman was wearing weird little mankini briefs cause Bryan Singer is a raging degenerate that fucks underage boys.  The plot was ridiculous, the pacing was boring.  I can't remember a single decent moment of that movie.

Never saw Rumblefish but I read all the SE Hinton books in middle school.

5 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Superman was wearing weird little mankini briefs cause Bryan Singer is a raging degenerate that fucks underage boys.

doing a bit of reading

>Author Bret Easton Ellis alleged that two of his former partners had attended underage sex parties hosted by Singer and fellow director Roland Emmerich.

>Emmerich is a collector of art and an active campaigner for the LGBT community, and is openly gay.

>Emmerich owns homes in Los Angeles, New York City, London and Stuttgart. He likes to decorate his homes in a self-described "outlandish" manner, adorning them with rare Hollywood memorabilia, murals and portraits of dictators and Communist figures, and World War II militaria.

>Emmerich's extensive collection of artwork includes a painting of Jesus Christ wearing a Katharine Hamnett-styled T-shirt during his crucifixion, prints of Alison Jackson's works of a Princess Diana lookalike making obscene gestures and engaging in sex acts, a wax sculpture of Pope John Paul II laughing as he reads his own obituary,[30][33] and a Photoshopped image of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a homoerotic pose. Emmerich, who is openly gay, and a financial supporter of U.S. progressive politics, states that the decorations and pieces are not declarations of any beliefs, but rather reflections of his "predilection for art with a political edge".

>pedo

>faggot

>commie

>mocks christianity

>mocks the elite's sacrifice

>"progressive"

i suddenly feel less bad about godzilla 1998 getting a bad rap

1 minute ago, bacardimayne said:

i just want more tobey memes i dont care about the movie

the last one fucking blew and zendaya is shit

All non-Tobey movies have been shit, we agree there friend. 

They couldn't steal from James Cameron this time. :(