Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

Return of the Living Dead

Return of the Living Dead 2

Havent seen these in decades. 

First one is awesome in every way. Second one is a definite step down but I still love it.

Murder on the Orient Express 2019. 3/10. I haven't read the book or seen the 70s version but they must have changed it to include a lot of SJ\/\/ messages, (at least 4, one in support of Stalin). I thought Poirot was exasperating and insufferably annoying. The story unwinds predictably. It changes from a whodunnit to a whocares. The ending I thought this would at least be good but no, it wasn't. Just don't see it. Poirot the ultimate s*y **y. I'm sure the 70s was better but this ruined it for me.

Got a Disney+ login last night and watched Captain Marvel.

Just a really bad film. Poor script, bad acting (Samuel L. Jackson was fine), just a boring chore of a movie to sit through. They made a lot of really weird decisions with this one, especially with the main character's back story, and the narrative structure. Boring mess of a forgettable film. 

Shit movie is shit.

Shit character is played by shit actress.

No way that movie made a billion dollars.  Disney cooked the books on that one.

9 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Shit movie is shit.

Shit character is played by shit actress.

No way that movie made a billion dollars.  Disney cooked the books on that one.

We had to browse around for a while before we could find something on there to watch. They don't even have all the MCU films (I don't think). 

Right now I am watching the Marvel ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, which is decent.

I need a really good underground film that I have not seen to cheer me up.

Any suggestions?

Edited by RedHook

Andromeda Strain (1971): 6.5/10 Very 70s movie. Reminds me of Logan's Run in sound and cinematography. Technology and theme very accurate however, nothing outlandish. I thought it would have a lot of pseudo science. Unexpected Liberace sequence. It's a pretty simple and straight forward story which made it kind of boring though. Characters weren't individually interesting. I think I'll watch Outbreak next. I've always wanted to see but heard it was a bad movie.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:29 AM, meatpuppet said:

Murder on the Orient Express 2019. 3/10. I haven't read the book or seen the 70s version but they must have changed it to include a lot of SJ\/\/ messages, (at least 4, one in support of Stalin). I thought Poirot was exasperating and insufferably annoying. The story unwinds predictably. It changes from a whodunnit to a whocares. The ending I thought this would at least be good but no, it wasn't. Just don't see it. Poirot the ultimate s*y **y. I'm sure the 70s was better but this ruined it for me.

Havent seen the new one but the 70s one is fun. Not an all time classic but highly enjoyable

On 3/26/2020 at 12:01 PM, RedHook said:

I need a really good underground film that I have not seen to cheer me up.

Any suggestions?

High School Memories?

You can't go wrong with an 80's sex com. Try watching Private School. There is a good nude scene involving a horse in that one. My parent's friends older teen children showed me that movie when I was a little kid. Seems so innocent now.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump said:

You can't go wrong with an 80's sex com. Try watching Private School. There is a good nude scene involving a horse in that one. My parent's friends older teen children showed me that movie when I was a little kid. Seems so innocent now.

Hardbodies!