Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

Hell or High Water and Wind River were pretty good. Again not really 2018 movies. But with Sicario they make a trilogy of Taylor Sheridan. 

In 2018, I enjoyed The Commuter and Den of Thieves. 

Edited by wasted

On 1/6/2019 at 12:52 AM, wasted said:

Hell or High Water and Wind River were pretty good. Again not really 2018 movies. But with Sicario they make a trilogy of Taylor Sheridan. 

In 2018, I enjoyed The Commuter and Den of Thieves. 

The commuter was so bad. 

Is there any form of transportation that Liam hasn’t kicked ass on? Train. Boat. Airplane. Car. What’s left? Taken 5 - The Submarine?

Just now, Skeeter said:

The commuter was so bad. 

Is there any form of transportation that Liam hasn’t kicked ass on? Train. Boat. Airplane. Car. What’s left? Taken 5 - The Submarine?

But had this other element that made it more entertaining. It was fun to get action and the conspiracy thing. 

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

But had this other element that made it more entertaining. It was fun to get action and the conspiracy thing. 

Didn’t he just star in a movie on a plane....where there was a conspiracy thing going on too? Somebody was killing passengers while pinning the murders on him.....

Just now, Skeeter said:

Didn’t he just star in a movie on a plane....where there was a conspiracy thing going on too? Somebody was killing passengers while pinning the murders on him.....

I don’t know. The Commuter was ridiculous but a fun movie for a flight. It turns into a Scooby Doo in the end. 

22 Mile was also flawed but fun. It was short and sweet. Patriots Day was long as shit. 

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don’t know. The Commuter was ridiculous but a fun movie for a flight. It turns into a Scooby Doo in the end. 

22 Mile was also flawed but fun. It was short and sweet. Patriots Day was long as shit. 

Check out Non Stop. Liam is an agent on a plane. A hidden identity criminal kills a passenger every 15 minutes until millions of dollars are wired to his account. Liam soon becomes a suspect while he tries to figure out who the real killer is. 

Did you see Escape Room? A bunch of family members went to a movie I didn’t want to see. Escape was my only option....it was actually entertaining (for being a non-believable movie full of cheesy moments).  

Just now, Skeeter said:

Check out Non Stop. Liam is an agent on a plane. A hidden identity criminal kills a passenger every 15 minutes until millions of dollars are wired to his account. Liam soon becomes a suspect while he tries to figure out who the real killer is. 

Did you see Escape Room? A bunch of family members went to a movie I didn’t want to see. Escape was my only option....it was actually entertaining (for being a non-believable movie full of cheesy moments).  

I’ve seen Non stop I think. 

I saw Rogue nation and Skyscraper. They were kind of cheesy. 

22 Mile was tight. 

I just re-watched the director's cut of "Almost Famous."  Hadn't watched in a long time, but I really liked it when it came out and I think it holds up really well.

I remember people raving about Kate Hudson when the movie came out and I didn't see what the big deal was.  In fact, I thought she was the weakest part.  

I think it's cause I'm the same age as her.  Now when I watch it as a 41 year old man, I see what people saw in her back then: her youth and vitality. 

It can be overly sentimental, like all Cameron Crowe movies, but he was a true dork that made good before being a "dork" was cool.  Like Kevin Smith but more earnest.  I really loved Jason Lee in this movie, and surprisingly, I liked Jimmy Fallon a lot too.  The lead rock star guy, Billy Crudup, hasn't really done much lately.  Has he? I don't know.

My favorite scene is where they're partying in the hotel room playing "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman.  I get a weird nostalgic rush from that scene.

Cameron Crowe directed an awesome documentary on Pearl Jam that you should all see, but the last thing I watched by him, "Roadies" just fucking sucked.  Maybe he's lost his mojo.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about another movie from around that time that I absolutely love...it's called "In the Bedroom."  I'm gonna rewatch that I think....if anyone has seen that, they will get instant film snob respect from me.

10 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I just re-watched the director's cut of "Almost Famous."  Hadn't watched in a long time, but I really liked it when it came out and I think it holds up really well.

I remember people raving about Kate Hudson when the movie came out and I didn't see what the big deal was.  In fact, I thought she was the weakest part.  

I think it's cause I'm the same age as her.  Now when I watch it as a 41 year old man, I see what people saw in her back then: her youth and vitality. 

It can be overly sentimental, like all Cameron Crowe movies, but he was a true dork that made good before being a "dork" was cool.  Like Kevin Smith but more earnest.  I really loved Jason Lee in this movie, and surprisingly, I liked Jimmy Fallon a lot too.  The lead rock star guy, Billy Crudup, hasn't really done much lately.  Has he? I don't know.

My favorite scene is where they're partying in the hotel room playing "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman.  I get a weird nostalgic rush from that scene.

Cameron Crowe directed an awesome documentary on Pearl Jam that you should all see, but the last thing I watched by him, "Roadies" just fucking sucked.  Maybe he's lost his mojo.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about another movie from around that time that I absolutely love...it's called "In the Bedroom."  I'm gonna rewatch that I think....if anyone has seen that, they will get instant film snob respect from me.

I remember In the Bedroom because it came out in the same year as Tape. 

There’s so many movies to go back to and so many coming out, it’s hard to keep up. 

10 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I remember In the Bedroom because it came out in the same year as Tape. 

There’s so many movies to go back to and so many coming out, it’s hard to keep up. 

Monsters and Men and What They Had seem worth checking out but I’ll probably watch Narc again. 

15 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Wow thanks for taking time to look it up and doing that for me. Really nice of you. I don't want to disappoint but I don't want to take it without paying for it so probably won't use it.