Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

I really liked Annihilation, I'm a sucker for alien movies. 

It was like Contact meets Ghostbusters. 

Ex Machina was better, but this was also very good. Beautiful scenery and soundtrack.  

Baby Driver.

I put this off for the longest time because the name sounded too trendy and the actor was in the tabloids. I thought it might have been artificially pumped up but it was a decent movie.

3 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

Ghost World.

Pretty anachronistic now. Not sure what to make of it.

Loved it when it came out. Havent seen it since then though

2001. That was a long time ago.  

I watched 1/3 of Scorsese's Silence. Maybe another time. I don't really get the point of it and don't really identify with the characters.

21 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

I watched 1/3 of Scorsese's Silence. Maybe another time. I don't really get the point of it and don't really identify with the characters.

The waning voice of God

3 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Annihilation is so bad I laughed.

I turned it off at about minute 20, when they had the quota filling minority lesbian quota-fillingly hit on Natalie Portman.

I don't have time for that shit.

4 hours ago, Sauerkraut said:

The waning voice of God

Not sure what you mean. I guess I'll have to finish it sometime. As a lapsed c4th0l1c I'm not sure it's for me.

1 hour ago, magisme said:

I turned it off at about minute 20, when they had the quota filling minority lesbian quota-fillingly hit on Natalie Portman.

I don't have time for that shit.

It was very hard to continue after that part but I liked the rest of the movie. It has a Syfy-esque vibe. But overall it was fun, a 7/10.

The movie opening scene is a college classroom with an arab girl, some fat and some black people. :lol:

It's so fucking forced, I hope all this ends some day. The Star Wars franchise was never a big deal IMO, just fun movies but they managed to make them unwatchable. Much more than the prequels.

Unsane. Not a bad Friday morning low budget thriller. Sort of surprised it actually made it to theatres.  

Stones in Exile

I'm not really a Stones fan. I'm more watching for the spectacle of it. It's a collage of dialogue without any form as opposed to a true documentary. I was fearful it would be a bunch of interviews with famous fans gushing over an overtold story. I'm not into jam music or horns. The lifestyle sounded like fun but I can't really identify with it. I haven't really listened to the music but don't think I would enjoy it anyway. They remind me of Oasis in that they have a lot of fans but they come off as pretentious and overpraised but I'm not one of them. I think it's interesting they persisted and became the biggest band ever. So far I'm 7/10 through it and I'd give it 5/10 @Brian.

Just finished watching The Masque of the Red Death starring Vincent Price.

It`s Corman`s masterpiece. I liked it. 10/10.

The Creeping Flesh (1973). Overlooked British Horror gem starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.