Cadis

GNFNRs Film Thread

That role wouldn't have been made without the actor. D'onforio or whatever. Dude is nuts.

i think dafoe is underrated as an actor

ever seen the movie anti christ? i'll never look at william defoe the same. *shudders*

That role wouldn't have been made without the actor. D'onforio or whatever. Dude is nuts.

i think dafoe is underrated as an actor

ever seen the movie anti christ? i'll never look at william defoe the same. *shudders*

Antichrist? Fantastic movie. Saw it in the movies, some scenes were a bit.... yeah :confused:

Saw True Grit couple a weeks a go. It was suprisingly good western movie and the best movie of this year so far, and yes I know I watched it pretty late but thats just because the movie came here to finland a lot later than in the U.S

I watched Goldfinger the other night for the first time in years, thus the inspiration for my username when joining this forum.

While Connery has some great lines and the overall plot is pretty solid, I don't think it is the absolute best Bond movie as many fans and critics seem to make it out to be. Sure, it was the first one to have breakthrough success worldwide but that doesn't mean it's the best. Half of the movie is Bond as a prisoner at Goldfinger's ranch. You've got the great car chase in the meantime and the awesome finale at Fort Knox, but other than that much of it is just Bond walking around or sitting in his cell. I would certainly rank it among the top whatever Bond films, but it's not the best. Connery's performance is perfect though - full of good wit.

Connery's Bond films are some of my favorites. It's been a long time since I've seen them (or any Bond film, for that matter), but I remember Goldfinger being one of my favorites.

I'd like to get around to buying the Bond films on blu-ray eventually.

Though not Connery, Moonraker was always a favorite, too. :thumbsup:

I really need to compile a list, but I do know that in my Top 10 are Se7en, Zodiac, Memento, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Borrowed a buddies Zodiac blu-ray, gonna give it a shot, never seen it before. Just realized this shit is 2 1/2 hours long though. :mellow:

saw "your highness" today. had so much going for it, but was total shit. i mean really shitty shit.

saw the original norwegian version of insomnia last night

and goddamn, if it ain't proof enough that stellan skarsgård is the hardest man in showbiz then i don't know what is

Edited by pico

Watched Donnie Darko for the first time tonight. After it was over I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but after a bit a thought, it was great.

Have you watched Trainspotting? I'd recommend that and Shallow Grave if you haven't see them. Also, I think you would like Jacob's Ladder.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Zodiac is great, a bit to long though.

Last weekend I watched The Truman Show and Twelve Monkeys, had never seen any of them, and they're both great.

Brad Pitt is mindblowing on Twelve Monkeys, better than in Fight Club and Seven.

Zodiac is just fine. Not too long at all.

Truman Show > Twelve Monkeys

I thought Monkeys was overrated and even though Pitt is really good in it, I don't think his role needs all of the praise it gets.

Monkeys was good.

Scream 4 also surprised me, it was damn good. Although I found myself laughing at some parts, the ending was great.

tomorrow i see "water for elephants." i loved the books but i hate robert pattinson so we'll see.

and on wednesday i see "african cats." meow.

Zodiac is just fine. Not too long at all.

+1

but I remember I thought it was too long too, when I saw it in the cinema the first time back then.