Jump to content

real music is coming back


Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, shadowofthewave said:

Post grunge is the second worst genre ever, only second to grunge itself. Mickey Rourke said it best: 

 

each day that passes with JB not adding my :boomer: emoji, he stifles my communication further

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nickelback is indeed objectively shit, don’t get me wrong. But I never understood why they got the “faggiest band ever” title instead of the much worthier likes of Three Days Grace, BuckCherry, theory of a dear man, and/or Hinder 🤷🏻‍♂️. In comparison, they’re at least more tolerable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to like the song You Remind Me on the bus home from school. They were better than Creed at least. I don't think they had much else. Radio Stations used to have Creed free weekends and I think that hate/meme drifted to them. Like Staind they had one song. 3 Doors Down had cringier lyrics IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Nickelback is indeed objectively shit, don’t get me wrong. But I never understood why they got the “faggiest band ever” title instead of the much worthier likes of Three Days Grace, BuckCherry, theory of a dear man, and/or Hinder 🤷🏻‍♂️. In comparison, they’re at least more tolerable.

I think it was this album that gave them the faggy reputation. Very "pop rock" with lots of catchy singles. Before that no one really had an opinion on Nickelback other than liking that How You Remind Me song. After the pop rock album they got progressively gayer with each release, with the exception of Dark Horse which I thought was pretty solid. I don't really like them but the sheer hatred they get from almost every corner of musical fandom is odd. I like Theory of a Deadman more than them. Three Days Grace and Hinder are two of the worst bands ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Creed as a complete Pearl Jam rip-off when they came out and Pearl Jam was still around so it was really confusing. I wasn't really impressed with their songs. I wouldn't say I like NB either but I find You Remind Me catchy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, shadowofthewave said:

Post grunge is the second worst genre ever, only second to grunge itself. Mickey Rourke said it best: 

 

One of my favorite movies. Very underrated. Marisa Tomei ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadowofthewave said:

I was born in 1991, I simply dislike modern whiny shit.

no one's saying the music in this thread is good but i'll take most of it over 80s cock rock any day. just too much fucking reverb.

 

60s rock: :)

70s rock: :D

80s rock: 🤮

90s rock: :)

00s rock: 😕

10s rock: 🤢

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 8:20 PM, Bobbo said:

Nickelback is indeed objectively shit, don’t get me wrong. But I never understood why they got the “faggiest band ever” title instead of the much worthier likes of Three Days Grace, BuckCherry, theory of a dear man, and/or Hinder 🤷🏻‍♂️. In comparison, they’re at least more tolerable.

 

On 8/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, meatpuppet said:

I used to like the song You Remind Me on the bus home from school. They were better than Creed at least. I don't think they had much else. Radio Stations used to have Creed free weekends and I think that hate/meme drifted to them. Like Staind they had one song. 3 Doors Down had cringier lyrics IMHO.


This one is simply cool, I like!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...