Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trump

Are Led Zeppelin the best sounding band of all time?

19 minutes ago, sixes said:

what do you mean by best sounding?

The mix of drums, bass, guitar, and vocals. They got groove. 

I'd say they are right up there.

Plant may have been a bit screechy at times ( I really liked his more mature voice circa Plant and Page) but he is the ultimate, golden rock God frontman.

Bonham was the ultimate rock drummer- I could listen to his drum tracks all day everyday.

Listen/watch their Albert Hall 70 show or at the other end, Knebworth 79...they were fucking monstrous.

I’ve always liked how they sound natural but also futuristic. Bands can’t even get this sound today. There’s parts you can’t really place, like organ than was sent back from the future. It sounds ancient but also like aliens made it. 

No Quarter is one that just sounds alien. Celebration Day is another blew my face off. Not unlike Teen Spirit. Nirvana tried to be too punk. But they had something on Nevermind. 

7 hours ago, wasted said:

I’ve always liked how they sound natural but also futuristic. Bands can’t even get this sound today. There’s parts you can’t really place, like organ than was sent back from the future. It sounds ancient but also like aliens made it. 

The mix is perfect. It gives equal weight to the drums, bass, guitar, and vocals. Bonham and Jones get down. They are by far the best rhythm section in rock. 

12 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

The mix is perfect. It gives equal weight to the drums, bass, guitar, and vocals. Bonham and Jones get down. They are by far the best rhythm section in rock. 

Its never clunky, sometimes it’s colossal but it never sounds over blown. Organic keyboards or organs too, like In the Light. Very atmospheric but not like sound effects. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Its never clunky, sometimes it’s colossal but it never sounds over blown. Organic keyboards or organs too, like In the Light. Very atmospheric but not like sound effects. 

All the special effects sound organic. No cgi was used in the making of their albums. 

36 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

All the special effects sound organic. No cgi was used in the making of their albums. 

Yet it still sounds like it’s from the future. Ancient aliens made the Zeppelin albums in a pyramid. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Yet it still sounds like it’s from the future. Ancient aliens made the Zeppelin albums in a pyramid. 

The Rover would be a good one to play when the aliens touch down.

23 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

The Rover would be a good one to play when the aliens touch down.

The guitar tone is from Mars for sure. Then they hand you a demo tape of Down by the Seaside.