Jump to content
popcorn's snare

Be honest, would you trade Duff for Steven? And he'd cost less so Slish and Fatxl could make more money!

Would you trade Steven for Duff in the current band?  

25 members have voted

  1. 1. If it had to be one or the other, who would you choose to be in the reunion?

    • Duff
      5
    • Steven
      20


Recommended Posts

Let's be honest.  Duff has to go.  Arguably, Steven had more of an impact on the sound of AFD than Duff did.  And a better one at that.  Steven is part of the signature real gnr sound.  Sure, Duff did it's so easy.  Otherwise, Steven has the essence of GnR more than Duff.  Am I right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a win-win for us and Steven. We want the woke cuck Doof gone and Steven would literally do anything to return to the fat band. Also, why not form a proper nu-GNR and swap Sloosh w/ Izzy? Dick Fordlin is decent enough to handle the solos in my opinion. Although if I had to pick 3 for the fatunion, it would be Axl, Sloosh and Izzy, but Axl, Izzy and Steven would also do better than the Fat Axl, Sloosh and Doof fatshow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Obviously Steven.

 

If you don't agree go back and listen to the 2016 shows where he was special guest.

Those two songs he played have more energy, and sound 100× better than the rest of the set.

 

Even if he can't play 3.5 hours a night, who cares. I would much rather have 2 hours of the songs sounding correct than the endless shit Frank plays.

Fuckin Frank can't even play Chin Dem songs well, the one album he played on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedHook said:

 

Obviously Steven.

 

If you don't agree go back and listen to the 2016 shows where he was special guest.

Those two songs he played have more energy, and sound 100× better than the rest of the set.

 

Even if he can't play 3.5 hours a night, who cares. I would much rather have 2 hours of the songs sounding correct than the endless shit Frank plays, fuck he can't even play Chin Dem songs well, the one album he played on.

I know that Steven could manage all of AFD, Lies, Civil War, Don't Cry and You Could Be Mine. Really want to hear him playing November Rain, probably would sound something like Brain. As for CD songs, I could actually imagine him pulling out the easier songs like Chinese Democracy(even w/ the original drum arrangement, not Frank's overhauled shit), This I Love, Street Of Dreams and especially Madagascar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

the firing of spineless doof will be the greatest gnr moment since prostitute 2014

Or since the leakshit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I would trade Duff for a case of Heineken. 

Doof is so worthless that I would pay to get rid of her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedHook said:

 

Who voted for Doof 'King of Queers' McFagan?

Fucking traitor, get them banned. Siding w/ Doof should be considered as treason here in GNFNR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather see the AFD 5 instead of trading them out for one another.

 

Still can't believe a handful of shows got to see 4 of the 5 on stage together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I'd rather see the AFD 5 instead of trading them out for one another.

 

Still can't believe a handful of shows got to see 4 of the 5 on stage together.

 

I would hope someday we get the complete real story of the lead up to 2106.

Just how much did they plan to involve Adler in the reunion before he hurt his back.

 

And what the fuck is up with the back injury.

The poor guy pushed for this reunion for decades, and when the time finally came....

The guy can't catch a break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I'd rather see the AFD 5 instead of trading them out for one another.

 

Still can't believe a handful of shows got to see 4 of the 5 on stage together.

I can't believe the AFD 5 got so pissy with each other when theirs millions of dollars being passed between each of them to fund there individual lifestyles, Appetite is never out the charts, royaltie check a plenty, Slash & Duff got pissy with Axl and sued him for a clerical error about 15 years ago, years later when the red sea parted, Slash & Duff were willing to let Susan & Meegan cup Axl's balls to be put back on the gravy train of endless touring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Otherwise, Steven has the essence of GnR more than Duff.  Am I right? 

According to Axl: no. Steven never wrote a single song for the band. Axl had to pay from his share to just Steven would shut his mouth about money

Besides, Steven's reverberated drum sound was pretty generic. (MOAR CAWBELL) His drumming and "swinging' is what made the drums special. Still better than Matt's reverb though. But he was just your typical hair metal drummer really. He was at the right place at the right time. Yes, i'd rather hear him playing the songs than any other GNR drummer, but... he wasn't the essence of this band, at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RedHook said:

 

Obviously Steven.

 

If you don't agree go back and listen to the 2016 shows where he was special guest.

Those two songs he played have more energy, and sound 100× better than the rest of the set.

 

Even if he can't play 3.5 hours a night, who cares. I would much rather have 2 hours of the songs sounding correct than the endless shit Frank plays.

Fuckin Frank can't even play Chin Dem songs well, the one album he played on.

Oh, he can play well for more than 2 hours, i'm sure

There was an Axl idea of rotating drummers, AFD-UYI Steven, Chi Dem shitFrank. Obviously it'll never happen, but Steven plays the UYI songs well now. For Chi Dem bring back Brain or Freese lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

According to Axl: no. Steven never wrote a single song for the band. Axl had to pay from his share to just Steven would shut his mouth about money

Besides, Steven's reverberated drum sound was pretty generic. (MOAR CAWBELL) His drumming and "swinging' is what made the drums special. Still better than Matt's reverb though. But he was just your typical hair metal drummer really. He was at the right place at the right time. Yes, i'd rather hear him playing the songs than any other GNR drummer, but... he wasn't the essence of this band, at all

I think the same can be said about Duff. 
 

The real backbone of GNR was Izzy. He had the fucking songs. Slash’s guitar work elevated the tunes, Axl’s voice made them

unique.

 

I think that Adler’s drums deserve more credit. It’s not just his swing and sense of groove. The guy created memorable drum lines, the percussive equivalent of awesome guitar riffs.

 

Duff is just the bass player, and a very tame one at it. He pretty much sticks to playing the roots, he’s not a melodic nor a groove player, and other than the intro to It’s So Easy, there isn’t one of his bass lines that I can recall and mention off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 4:58 PM, popcorn's snare said:

Let's be honest.  Duff has to go.  Arguably, Steven had more of an impact on the sound of AFD than Duff did.  And a better one at that.  Steven is part of the signature real gnr sound.  Sure, Duff did it's so easy.  Otherwise, Steven has the essence of GnR more than Duff.  Am I right? 

I do not like Duff, but his bass was an integral part of the whole GnR sound

as was alders..

 

but, fire the vagina that’s become Duff.... 

punk as fuck...

homo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...