Sign in to follow this  
gunsntortillas

Would you listen to Chinese Democracy 2 if Axl releases it in 2057?

Read the threat title  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Read the threat title

• Yes, I do P90x so I will be okay.
    • No, my blood glucose levels are all messed up because it is the only way I can feel a connection to the band
    • I will get diabetes anyways, it might as well be in tribute to Axl.
    • Poking fun at the physical shape and constant disappointment this band brings you is immature. You (the OP) have to learn that it is only a band. It's not a big deal. This forum is way too negative about Guns N' Roses. They have done exciting things over the last five years. They released a box set. Axl is misunderstood and diabetes is hereditary.

Today, Neil Young has released his 1975 unreleased album Homegrown. 

To put that in perspective, 1975 was 45 years ago.

If Axl chooses to release 2012's Chinese Democracy 2 in 2057, will you listen to it? Or, are you such a Guns N' Roses super fan that as a tribute to the band, you will have died of diabetes already by then?

I think GNR evolves ahead of its audience so Axl will be all dicktubes and wheelchairs before we get there just like he was Estranged while I had a Bad Obsession. But eventually after listening to Estranged 17,000 times I started to feel alienated from my Star Wars figures and sports autograph book. 

Mate I'll be pushing up the frickin daisies in 2057. That shit needs to be released in the next 5 years for it to have any relevance for me!

4 hours ago, gunsntortillas said:

If Axl chooses to release 2012's Chinese Democracy 2 in 2057, will you listen to it? Or, are you such a Guns N' Roses super fan that as a tribute to the band, you will have died of diabetes already by then?

i'm pretty certain it will be released sooner because Axl will kick the bucket in the forthcoming 10-15 years and TB will need cash

Neil Young's voice is horrible but he is a good songwriter. Axl is not a good songwriter. End of story

8 hours ago, gunsntortillas said:

Homegrown is from 1975? It may be worth a listen then. 

Hes such a fucking quasi political ironic trying hard to stay relevant old angry at the world musician now.

i can fucking stand him. 

But his early stufff....  its good

7 hours ago, Auck said:

Mate I'll be pushing up the frickin daisies in 2057. That shit needs to be released in the next 5 years for it to have any relevance for me!

37 years more of drinking. Well let’s give it a shot. Of tequila. 

7 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

i'm pretty certain it will be released sooner because Axl will kick the bucket in the forthcoming 10-15 years and TB will need cash

Neil Young's voice is horrible but he is a good songwriter. Axl is not a good songwriter. End of story

His voice is objectively bad if you're going by actual singing standards, but it doesn't matter. It sounds good for some reason, and it is iconic. If anybody else tried to sing that way, it wouldn't work, because it's not how you're supposed to sing. 

4 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

Homegrown is from 1975? It may be worth a listen then. 

Hes such a fucking quasi political ironic trying hard to stay relevant old angry at the world musician now.

i can fucking stand him. 

But his early stufff....  its good

It's a 1975 album about the dissolution of his relationship with his first wife. I know this will seem foreign on a GNR forum, but Neil Young would make albums almost every year in the 70's, and has had multiple "lost" albums that were not released for one reason or another. 

After completing Homegrown, he played the album for a group of friends. He also played Tonight's The Night. Based on how personal of an album Homegrown was for him to write, and the better reaction to Tonight's The Night, he shelved Homegrown and released Tonight's The Night.

A lot of the tracks on Homegrown were later released on other albums, particularly 1977's American Stars n' Bars. In fact, I would say aesthetically, Homegrown's sound seems close to Stars n' Bars. 

White Line is the best song on the album. A louder more rock oriented version was released by Neil Young in the 1990s on the album Ragged Glory. The version on Homegrown is closer to the classic 70's Neil Young sound. 

I like the opening track Separate Ways. I'd give it five Stephanie Seymour shits Ballads/five Stephanie Seymour shit Ballads. 

As far as Separate Ways goes, it will be like a friendly hand on the shoulder for any diabetes enthusiast. Look at this passage from the song.

Someday love will find you
Break those chains that bind you
One night will remind you
How we touched
And went our separate ways

Often, I listen to popular rock songs, and I get upset that they refrained from the standard of rhyming you with you. Axl does this a lot. It is a key sign that someone is an advanced song writer with blood sugar levels that require the intervention of insulin shots. I had no idea that Neil Young was so unresponsive to insulin back in the 70's, he did not seem to be overweight at all. So to see him rhyme you, not just once, but twice in a row, that sold me. 

I had some ice cream last night, and I went back for seconds. All I want is to one day understand Axl's brilliance. My rowing machine is up on Craigslist as we speak. I will aim to live the most dangerous lifestyle possible. One where I am sedentary and eat in excess of 5000 calories a day. 

If you're exercising and consuming protein, you're just not a real fan. You might as well leave this forum. Me, I'm here forever. 

Ya I read it was recorded after Harvest but he didn't release it due to it being too hard on him emotionally.

I'll give it a listen  

Harvest is an amazing album

10 minutes ago, gunsntortillas said:

It's a 1975 album about the dissolution of his relationship with his first wife. I know this will seem foreign on a GNR forum, but Neil Young would make albums almost every year in the 70's, and has had multiple "lost" albums that were not released for one reason or another. 

After completing Homegrown, he played the album for a group of friends. He also played Tonight's The Night. Based on how personal of an album Homegrown was for him to write, and the better reaction to Tonight's The Night, he shelved Homegrown and released Tonight's The Night.

A lot of the tracks on Homegrown were later released on other albums, particularly 1977's American Stars n' Bars. In fact, I would say aesthetically, Homegrown's sound seems close to Stars n' Bars. 

White Line is the best song on the album. A louder more rock oriented version was released by Neil Young in the 1990s on the album Ragged Glory. The version on Homegrown is closer to the classic 70's Neil Young sound. 

I like the opening track Separate Ways. I'd give it five Stephanie Seymour shits Ballads/five Stephanie Seymour shit Ballads. 

As far as Separate Ways goes, it will be like a friendly hand on the shoulder for any diabetes enthusiast. Look at this passage from the song.

Someday love will find you
Break those chains that bind you
One night will remind you
How we touched
And went our separate ways

You just quote the lyrics to a Journey song.