jeffisbell

Fat band streaming a Fat In This Lifetime 2019 show

They clearly chopped up the show, and chose the songs because they are in the one voice Axl can still sing in. Or, at the very least, he can still sing in those other voices, but doesn't try live.

20 hours ago, maynard said:

We can all agree that Axl looks terrible for his age. 

He doesn't look good for his age, but I also just think he looks like a typical out of shape American (almost) 60 year old.

He looks strange because his fashion choices don't jive with being 60. Imagine if your uncle (or I guess aunt) dressed like Axl. You'd be embarrassed. It sort of reminds me of those wrestling shows with those 80's gimmick wrestlers, except they are 100 years old, and still wearing their costume from the 80's. It looks out of place and strange. 

I don't care if he wants to be overweight. I take offense to the band touring these expensive shows when Axl doesn't respect the fans enough to show up in shape as a vocalist. It's not like I care if the guy bagging my groceries has bad cardio, because it isn't a pre-requisite to me getting my money's worth. But Axl is a vocalist, it's his job, and when he and the band are asking top dollar, it is silly for him to turn up the performance he does. 

This is all Slash and Duff’s fault. If they could write like Izzy the album would be done we’d be rolling in a triple album. 

11 hours ago, Tremolo said:

It’s fair to recognize that this is a step in the right direction. There are technical things to improve, but the effort is appreciated.

I don’t care much for live videos, unless it’s something unusual like a guest musician or a different arrangement for the songs, but a good portion of the fanbase do care, so good for them. I’ll still watch what they release in case there’s some Bucket-Robin era material.

No Dizzy and no Melissa.

I hope they give the video and audio editing work to someone more capable. There are very talented people out there. The fact there are no Axl closeups is very telling. At the end of the day, I see all the fat jokes as tough love, but after watching this, it feels like punching down, since it clearly affects him and he is conscious of it. I hope he does something about it, though. 

They release sometingv?

20 minutes ago, wasted said:

I like eating bacon and cheese more than going to the gym. And drinking beer, Sprite, whisky, gin, fuck I’d drink cheese if you melt it for me. I’m so fucking hungry. 

I also eat shitloads of food, but I am physically quite active as well. As far as my body build goes, I am something like a 2009-2010 Axl w/ slightly less fat and more muscle

1 hour ago, jeffisbell said:

I also eat shitloads of food, but I am physically quite active as well. As far as my body build goes, I am something like a 2009-2010 Axl w/ slightly less fat and more muscle

Yeah Izzy, last time we saw a photo of you with Matt Sorum, you were looking pretty homeless. 

2 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

You ain't nuthin' but a bitch if you praise Fernando or GNR for this shit. We need leaks bad. 

Not praising them, there’s still a long way to go, but as I said, it’s a step in the right direction.

I don’t care much for this kind of material, really, and the format (just a few songs instead of a full show), but a lot of fans do.

I already gave up on this band, mostly because my interest was (and still kinda is) new music, but I have zero interest in this lineup and what they can make together. Now, if they released the CD era material in their original form –without overdubs from people who came into the fold later– I’d get it in a heartbeat. But the reality is that if this lineup ever releases any material, it will be re-recordings of those CD-era songs and/or some derivative AFD 2.0 kind of rubbish (or that’s what I’m afraid of). Still open to being surprised.

My one and only interest is leaks, but those with access to that shit in the fanbase are a bunch or fucked-up delusional weirdos, so I’m not expecting shit any time soon.

19 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah Izzy, last time we saw a photo of you with Matt Sorum, you were looking pretty homeless. 

I'm on my way to buy some new clothes

14 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@Frank Drebin I can imagine Axl singing still loving you and sounding like a dying cat. 

That's quite possibly right. Although if Axl really brought it he could turn it into a 'Sailing' type performance, although its not 2006 anymore...

2 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

Needs more Adler, less sped up click track in fran faroaro's ear. 

First chorus of Sorry from House Of Blues 2012 sounded very much like Adler in my opinion

16 hours ago, jeffisbell said:

I went on a 34 km bike ride today but about 1/4 way I stopped to get a hotdog then I had a beer, then another one. So I decided to cycle back to get a burrito then I got a six pack and sat by the ocean watching the fisherman take it easy. They just never catch anything. I think I’m more of a fisherman that drinks than a cyclist. I make sick lists on my phone while drunk.  I used to play real sports I’m not trying to be the best at some old form of transportation. 

41 minutes ago, wasted said:

I went on a 34 km bike ride today but about 1/4 way I stopped to get a hotdog then I had a beer, then another one. So I decided to cycle back to get a burrito then I got a six pack and sat by the ocean watching the fisherman take it easy. They just never catch anything. I think I’m more of a fisherman that drinks than a cyclist. I make sick lists on my phone while drunk.  I used to play real sports I’m not trying to be the best at some old form of transportation. 

Yesterday I also rode a total of about 60km on my bike, wasn't even tired nor wheezing. I did have a few cider/cigarette breaks w/ my friend though

1 hour ago, jeffisbell said:

Yesterday I also rode a total of about 60km on my bike, wasn't even tired nor wheezing. I did have a few cider/cigarette breaks w/ my friend though

Cycling is so easy once you know the gears. The fact it 100 degrees (sup) is more of a problem. Sun burn like motherfucker. Salt life. I’ve got this hat that protects my blonde follicles from the sun. The mustache/the hair screams nazi on a bike. But the hat is pure Asian Ayi visor. It’s a ploy so I don’t get assaulted for bringing the virus to yo town. Although I am 50% trans fat and 50% alcohol I still have international athlete on my resume so cycling is like nothing after a bleep test. I think running would kill me. My ACL is completely fucked.