Fat band streaming a Fat In This Lifetime 2019 show

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JordanRose said:

I've barely listened to any NITL and mostly listen to 2010 boots. So it's really jarring to listen to a pro-shot So Easy where on literally any show from 2001-2014, even when he was phoning it in full Mickey he could still nail it and sound like Axl Rose. Now, even on the low parts he has no control, wobbles all over the place, shit tone and doesn't really sound like Axl. And on the high parts which were always a couple easy screams it just sounds like a horrid, crackly, unhealthy mess. 

As for choosing the 3 "easy" songs and only wide-shots of wide-boy....it's all been said already. Fuck. 

There are other "easy" songs in the set. I'm sure next week we'll be treated to coasted versions of The Seeker, Mr Brownstone and Patience, with the elephant in the room being the 101 ways to avoid showcasing Axl's ever increasing selection of chins.

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

There are other "easy" songs in the set. I'm sure next week we'll be treated to coasted versions of The Seeker, Mr Brownstone and Patience, with the elephant in the room being the 101 ways to avoid showcasing Axl's ever increasing selection of chins.

It'll be like that leaked rehearsal video from 2009 or something, where it's just one camera at the very back of the room. 

14 hours ago, Pappa FAT said:

I am Sitting here watching  the video on the first post while chucking a steaming hot shit first thing in the morning. The plop sound into the water from the Cosby kids, sounded better than 90% of Axls vocals 

Damn dude....you let off Cosby kids at the pool?   I can't remember the last time I didn't just let out a horribly mangled post car crash mess of a Cosby family into the pool.

Slash is hit/miss. I think it's 100% effort with him. Why put in any effort when you have the worst frontman, and nothing to really push the best out of you? 

With the amount they're making, and people still buying tickets to this shit, there is no reason for any of them to try. 

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Pic from January...anybody got any recent pic of Vince, did he manage to shred any weight during the last few months?

a1e23e457f4fd40b42fbb7b69bd56994.jpg

I still refuse to believe that's his head & the same head from thin Vince in the 80's & early 90's...

Vince Neil is turning into Zuatut 

20 hours ago, maynard said:

We can all agree that Axl looks terrible for his age. 

He doesn't look good for his age, but I also just think he looks like a typical out of shape American (almost) 60 year old.

He looks strange because his fashion choices don't jive with being 60. Imagine if your uncle (or I guess aunt) dressed like Axl. You'd be embarrassed. It sort of reminds me of those wrestling shows with those 80's gimmick wrestlers, except they are 100 years old, and still wearing their costume from the 80's. It looks out of place and strange. 

I don't care if he wants to be overweight. I take offense to the band touring these expensive shows when Axl doesn't respect the fans enough to show up in shape as a vocalist. It's not like I care if the guy bagging my groceries has bad cardio, because it isn't a pre-requisite to me getting my money's worth. But Axl is a vocalist, it's his job, and when he and the band are asking top dollar, it is silly for him to turn up the performance he does. 

11 hours ago, Tremolo said:

It’s fair to recognize that this is a step in the right direction. There are technical things to improve, but the effort is appreciated.

I don’t care much for live videos, unless it’s something unusual like a guest musician or a different arrangement for the songs, but a good portion of the fanbase do care, so good for them. I’ll still watch what they release in case there’s some Bucket-Robin era material.

No Dizzy and no Melissa.

I hope they give the video and audio editing work to someone more capable. There are very talented people out there. The fact there are no Axl closeups is very telling. At the end of the day, I see all the fat jokes as tough love, but after watching this, it feels like punching down, since it clearly affects him and he is conscious of it. I hope he does something about it, though. 

They release sometingv?