Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

When was the last time Guns N' Roses did anything right?

42 minutes ago, Tremolo said:

I never cared about the reunion. I didn’t understand the hype about Axl + Slash playing live shows, there was (is) no way they could recreate the energy from the early days. It just reeked of nostalgia cash-grab, and time proved me right.

It’s worse than any of us could have imagined.  In every single way

3 hours ago, Tremolo said:

I find it fascinating: Axl breaking his foot that night was the undeniable omen that foretold this whole reunion bullshit was gonna be a total mess.

it was a prediction.

52 minutes ago, Tremolo said:

I never cared about the reunion. I didn’t understand the hype about Axl + Slash playing live shows, there was (is) no way they could recreate the energy from the early days. It just reeked of nostalgia cash-grab, and time proved me right.

You are right.

3 minutes ago, Salsh Borski said:

It’s worse than any of us could have imagined.  In every single way

I think having that first show at the Troubadour was the only thing that was well-executed. Other than that it’s been shit: Lineup, setlist, axl’s voice and appearance, slash’s playing, woke duff, no new music, merch, AFD reissue, etc.

Even stuff that happened around that first date was shit. Does anyone remember that stupid poster of some chicks in a messed up sketchy bathroom... so edgy... so shit.

Zero interest in music from this lineup. Slash is a one-trick pony, Duff is a horrible songwriter, and Axl can’t materialize any of his ideas. 

1 minute ago, Tremolo said:

I think having that first show at the Troubadour was the only thing that was well-executed. Other than that it’s been shit: Lineup, setlist, axl’s voice and appearance, slash’s playing, woke duff, no new music, merch, AFD reissue, etc.

Even stuff that happened around that first date was shit. Does anyone remember that stupid poster of some chicks in a messed up sketchy bathroom... so edgy... so shit.

Zero interest in music from this lineup. Slash is a one-trick pony, Duff is a horrible songwriter, and Axl can’t materialize any of his ideas. 

This Corona is really going to starve them as an entity. It's been obvious for 10 years that this band exists solely as a touring entity.

33 minutes ago, Tremolo said:

I disagree.

I think the first leg of NITL was fucking amazing.  I didn't care that they were old and fat; I was still just thrilled to see Axl and Slash and Duff on the same stage again.   I never thought that would happen!!  And it did!! 

And the setlist was pretty incredible with the exception of the CD songs.  I never thought I'd hear Coma live other than the 4 times the original band played it, and then they went out and did it every night, along with DTJ and Estranged and Civil War.  I also loved hearing Duff do two songs off TSI.   And I even liked the Wish You Were Here/Layla intro.

It was a great show and a great setlist.......the first few dozen times.  As 2017 dragged into 2018 and 2019 and they're still playing the same shit in the same order....yeah.   Pull the fucking plug already.   But 2016 was an great year, in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, Tremolo said:

?

13 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I disagree.

I think the first leg of NITL was fucking amazing.  I didn't care that they were old and fat; I was still just thrilled to see Axl and Slash and Duff on the same stage again.   I never thought that would happen!!  And it did!! 

And the setlist was pretty incredible with the exception of the CD songs.  I never thought I'd hear Coma live other than the 4 times the original band played it, and then they went out and did it every night, along with DTJ and Estranged and Civil War.  I also loved hearing Duff do two songs off TSI.   And I even liked the Wish You Were Here/Layla intro.

It was a great show and a great setlist.......the first few dozen times.  As 2017 dragged into 2018 and 2019 and they're still playing the same shit in the same order....yeah.   Pull the fucking plug already.   But 2016 was an great year, in my opinion.

I just can’t ignore Axl’s vocals and how unprepared Slash seemed for the CD songs. For what it was supposed to be, it felt like the whole thing was half-assed.

Now some fans say that in 2016 Axl still had it... sure he did, compared to the shit 2020 superbowl show. But I remember watching Coma on youtube when they played it, and of course it was a let down. The quality of the performances was never up to the standard I expected from them (axl and slash, finally, after so many years, unique opportunity, reunion, yadda yadda...).

The idea about it was more exciting than the actual show they put together. It became worse with every new tour leg, but that doesn’t mean they delivered a TOP show, at least for me. Glad you enjoyed it though! It’s cool that you have good memories from it.

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

This Corona is really going to starve them as an entity. It's been obvious for 10 years that this band exists solely as a touring entity.

Merch genius Fernando begs to differ. He will save the day.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

?

I’ll try to find it. It’s pretty tacky as you would expect from this band.

No success, but it was a picture (staged, of course) of “L.A. girls” in a man’s bathroom that was all spray painted. I remember there was one Monroe-looking girl; another one dressed like a punk,  pissing (standing) in a urinal.

Well until gigs are allowed again perhaps this fall? I dunno what Guns could do outside releasing a new album which you know won't happen till they get those postponed gig dates out the way so any new album won't come out till mid next year & that ain't set in stone so the wait will go on...just CD did. 

Fernando or who ever maintains there YouTube channel could upload live footage setlist wise/per show from the last four years of touring which could result in hundreds of YouTube videos to upload on there YouTube channel and with 7 million subscribers they could add some revenue to whatever they already make on there but for some reason running into a brick wall headfirst with anything to do with Team Brazil/GNR release wise always seems to come first. 

7 minutes ago, Tremolo said:

Where did all that fire go? I think it’s under the flab.

"sitting dorment beneath the surface" isn't just a phrase used to describe an iceburg's true size.

2016 could’ve been it. It definitely should’ve been it. They did some things right. The band sounded good then. And the show I saw in Pittsburgh left me satisfied. But it was already ten years too late, and if anything it gave me more of a sense of finality than optimism for the future. And then came dipshit decision after dipshit decision and they completely shat on anything that could even be mistaken for competence. Dumb fucks.

3 hours ago, Bobbo said:

2016 could’ve been it. It definitely should’ve been it. They did some things right. The band sounded good then. And the show I saw in Pittsburgh left me satisfied. But it was already ten years too late, and if anything it gave me more of a sense of finality than optimism for the future. And then came dipshit decision after dipshit decision and they completely shat on anything that could even be mistaken for competence. Dumb fucks.

Yeah, absolutely,   Finally seeing the "real" band was more about closure for me than anything else.   I'm too smart to ever get my hopes up that the lazy cunt would even bother to record ONE new song, so just seeing them in person once was enough for me.

4 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Yeah, absolutely,   Finally seeing the "real" band was more about closure for me than anything else.   I'm too smart to ever get my hopes up that the lazy cunt would even bother to record ONE new song, so just seeing them in person once was enough for me.

be honest, a tear came to your eye when you saw fat axl walk out on stage and next to him was fat slash

Dude.  I cried a few times and I've admitted it.

In fact, I even talk about it on the lithorati podcast I was on!

I have no shame!  I regret nothing!

Just now, EstrangedTWAT said:

Dude.  I cried a few times and I've admitted it.

In fact, I even talk about it on the lithorati podcast I was on!

I have no shame!  I regret nothing!

send me the link to the podcast