manuale154

Would 2001 Axl have been able to sing TWAT?

8 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

There are certain songs he has never sounded good on live. TWAT is one along with SCOM and Better. 

2006 Hammerstein ny he killed it ,particularly the last half 

14 minutes ago, GNS said:

2006 Hammerstein ny he killed it ,particularly the last half 

I was there. He had some good screams but he has never been able to pull off the verses.

3 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

There are certain songs he has never sounded good on live. TWAT is one along with SCOM and Better. 

2006 ny was 10/10. he killed it.

the last 2014 performance was pretty decent too.

the rest suck. 

3 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

All of these songs sounded good in 2006

TWAT has been performed live exactly 25 times.  I've managed to collect audio, or at least a piece of audio, from all but one of those times.    He sounds like ass on almost all of them.

Closest he probably came was the first time in 2006, but that's a shitty recording.  He has never sounded even close to good on it during NITL.

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Closest he probably came was the first time in 2006, but that's a shitty recording.  He has never sounded even close to good on it during NITL.

That’s not saying much. He sounds like complete shit in NITL versions especially from 2017. He sounded like he was dying

21 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I was there. He had some good screams but he has never been able to pull off the verses.

Gotta disagree. On the one video boot recorded from the balcony he sounds really good on the verses: the only time he's ever really performed and sung them, emoting and feeling it, as opposed to just trying to fucking make it through the song. He pussyed out of the high lines before the solo but fucking chainsawed the end part. IF he'd sung the whole thing and we had a decent boot or soundboard it'd be pretty decent. 

First one from the early 2009 show where they played everything was ok, particularly the scream. 

Madrid 2006 is strangely the worst. He sounds like he is absolutely dying the entire way through: way worse than even NITL. 

Always pissed me off that every single solitary time he either came in too early or late on the high parts and never sang the lines on the album and would just make up some version and fuck it up so the band would have to come back in to start the solo again or whatever. 

Best version would have been 2004 onwards with Bucket and original Chinese band. Imagine f they played it every show and really got it down. Instead he's played all those fucking tired, boring old fucking songs at every. god. damn. show. ever. 

Axl's voice changes all the time. I listened to GNR loads during the 2001-2002 era, his voice was so clean. Never thought Axl could sing AC/DC fifteen years later with a grittier voice.