Knuckles

What's your favorite Indiana Jones movie?

10 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Several years back I bought an official, yet poorly sculpted, Indy figure:

FPBNhiYOacCtyPbi4WQQYChWDzBa66tJGIm3LH_u

Unfortunately, it looked more like David Duchovny than Harrison Ford.   But it planted the idea in my head that Duchovny would be able to pull off a decent Indy.

Sadly, he's too old now, too.

Anyone remember Young Indiana Jones Chronicles?

It sucked.

Except one episode had a 5 minute cameo (on network television no less!) of Harrison Ford reprising Indy with a full beard.   Oh man, I just about shit myself when I saw that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYIJcHBamXU

10 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Several years back I bought an official, yet poorly sculpted, Indy figure:

FPBNhiYOacCtyPbi4WQQYChWDzBa66tJGIm3LH_u

Unfortunately, it looked more like David Duchovny than Harrison Ford.   But it planted the idea in my head that Duchovny would be able to pull off a decent Indy.

Sadly, he's too old now, too.

Anyone remember Young Indiana Jones Chronicles?

It sucked.

Except one episode had a 5 minute cameo (on network television no less!) of Harrison Ford reprising Indy with a full beard.   Oh man, I just about shit myself when I saw that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYIJcHBamXU

Some episodes of the Young Indiana Jones show are cool. The ones that tend to stick to the movie's action oriented feel...There's one which was really cool, Indy is like 17 and recovering an artifact called the Jackal that a bad guy (who was played by an actor who was in Raiders) killed his friend over. He's cornered by the guy and in the fight to escape he uses a whip. A nice little touch is when he picks up the whip he touches his chin, giving a nice homage to the beginning of Last Crusade where we see River Phoenix slash his chin and get the Indy scar by using a whip. Another cool one which goes with the supernatural vein of the original series involves Bob Peck as Vlad the Impaler as basically being a really creepy vampire:
youngindy0304.jpg
The sick bastard is trying to take over the world during WWI (WWI is a creepy fucking time period to me...) 

He's never explicitly called Dracula but the ties with Vlad are made clear and it plays like a Hammer Horror film. There's a few others that are cool, although most is cheesy I will admit.

Honestly?  Temple of Doom. 

I think it has to do with me being a kid when I saw it.  However, having seen it as an adult, it's still my favorite.  I like that it's just an adventure in his life.  Although Willie is super annoying now, I get how that portrayal was intended.  But yeah, of course the first and 3rd movies are great, but the red headed stepchild of the 3 (not even dignifying plastic skull with a count), Temple is still my favorite.  Say what you will.

Temple of Doom scared the shit out of me as a little kid. Why you gotta rip out dude's heart like that?

4 minutes ago, magisme said:

Temple of Doom scared the shit out of me as a little kid. Why you gotta rip out dude's heart like that?

Fortune and Glory, baby!

I loved this game :awesome:

10 hours ago, wasted said:

Indiana Jones was like Han Solo going solo. 

That is how I've always felt. He is Han Solo with a fedora.