Sign in to follow this  
Knuckles

The Nirvana thread

Alice in Chains deserve its own  thread 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more than Nirvana

Edited by november snow

I regretted missing my one and only chance to see them in Ohio, on Halloween night, 1993.   Tickets sold out instantly.  Blink of an eye.

Kurt came on stage in a head to toe Barney the dinosaur outfit.   My friend got to go, lucky bastard.  There's audio of the entire show on youtube, but I still regret not going in person.

Also....what does anyone think of "You Know You're Right?"

Is it a good song?  Or did we just convince ourselves it was good, cause we knew it was the last fully recorded and mastered and mixed Nirvana song we'll ever hear in our life?

I honestly don't know.  It's like "Oh My God" in that sense....I still feel like OMG is an objectively bad song but I was just so fucking excited that it existed that I made myself love it anyway.

19 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Any massive Nirvana fans here? 

I’m the nirvana’s guy here in the forum!

Still like the band a lot!

32 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I regretted missing my one and only chance to see them in Ohio, on Halloween night, 1993.   Tickets sold out instantly.  Blink of an eye.

Kurt came on stage in a head to toe Barney the dinosaur outfit.   My friend got to go, lucky bastard.  There's audio of the entire show on youtube, but I still regret not going in person.

Is it a good song?  Or did we just convince ourselves it was good, cause we knew it was the last fully recorded and mastered and mixed Nirvana song we'll ever hear in our life?

I honestly don't know.  It's like "Oh My God" in that sense....I still feel like OMG is an objectively bad song but I was just so fucking excited that it existed that I made myself love it anyway.

Cool post. 

I like Nirvana. They were before my time,  but always admired their music. blink 182 got really big when I was younger and in hindsight it is pretty obvious that Nirvana was a big influence.

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Cool post. 

I like Nirvana. They were before my time,  but always admired their music. blink 182 got really big when I was younger and in hindsight it is pretty obvious that Nirvana was a big influence.

I like You Know You're Right. I remember when it came out in 02 or 04 it was the most relevant thing for me. Compared to Ja Rule and Sum 41.

5 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

It’s a good song, but not a gem. I like Kurt’s voice, the screams... at that pace he would have ended up being possessed by Mickey too.

I like Do Re Mi better. That’s Kurt’s talent as simple and as raw as it gets. Simple progressions and a beautiful melodies.

It’s all in the melody.

it’s all inthe fucking melody.

10 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I hated both songs. Good comparison though.

I really really hated YKYR. I didn't get it and thought it was embarrassing. Imagine G3ffen records milking for all it's worth.

With GN'R I figured I'd wait for something better.

5 hours ago, Tremolo said:

I like Do Re Mi better.

Never heard this one, I kind of like it.

13 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I thought it was great. I knew nothing of its existence in advance of hearing it for the first time on the best of cd.