Are they really gonna try a U.S. Stadium tour with no New Album? Larger Than Life: Fat Tour 2020

31 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

If you buy tickets for this tour you are paying Axl not to release new music.

The simple truth, and just because they have priced the tickets cheaper than other summer tours does not change this fact.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.iheartradio.ca/104-1-the-dock/news-trending/sales-slow-for-guns-n-roses-toronto-show-1.10552681   Did Guns N’ Roses misjudge the appetite for tickets to see the band live in Toron

Axl is going to fly-in on a giant hot dog. That's the new show

Do they have the same type of audience though? 3 Doors Down are that band you listen to when your wife/girlfriend has cucked you. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I think if the new material is even more evolved than CD the stadiums may not understand it. 

Not to worry since they have not released the album and I doubt it will happen now.

Every ticket sold could have counted as an album sale if they included it. This would have given them a #1 album that Chin Dem wasn't.

But as usual Axl & TB do all they can to make sure GNR is nothing but an endless greatest hits tour with toy trucks.

Edited by RedHook
3 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Not to worry since they have not released the album and I doubt it will happen now.

Every ticket sold could have counted as an album sale if they included it. This would have given them a #1 album that Chin Dem wasn't.

But as usual Axl & TB do all they can to make sure GNR is nothing but an endless greatest hits tour with toy trucks.

I just don’t think GNR ever really agreed what they are trying to do. Hopefully all the touring has made them secure enough to give it a go. I think the lack of formula might be a problem sometimes. Every record that has come out the fan base has been what is this? 

24 minutes ago, RedHook said:

I thought that practice was stopped after Prince had Musicology in the charts for the whole of his 2004 tour?

Just posted a mildly critical tweet of Axl's Singing, and the resultant mouthbreather cultist pile-on has convinced me that the Fatting On Sunshine saga will never actually end. 

One person even said yes, they DID listen to Miami 2020 and conclude he still sounds amazing. 

Christ

1 hour ago, JordanRose said:

I thought that practice was stopped after Prince had Musicology in the charts for the whole of his 2004 tour?

New rules don't effect ticket bundles

http://www.vulture.com/2019/11/billboard-album-merch-bundles.html

"As for concert ticket-album packages, those are safe for now, so long as buyers claim those albums too"

6 minutes ago, Faxl Rows said:

Just posted a mildly critical tweet of Axl's Singing, and the resultant mouthbreather cultist pile-on has convinced me that the Fatting On Sunshine saga will never actually end. 

One person even said yes, they DID listen to Miami 2020 and conclude he still sounds amazing. 

Christ

😆😆😆

14 minutes ago, RedHook said:

😆😆😆

Not so much Exhibit A as Exhibit Z. Amazing.

It's hilarious how many of the twitter users instantly get sensitive and resort to personal abuse. 

Makes me even gladder this place exists. 

Update: that George Carlin “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that" quote means a lot right now. 

My favourite band started down-tuning their songs ages ago to accomodate the singer. On recent tours, he's swapped high notes in places and for lower notes, lower register or whatever the hell it is. None of the fans care as he still sounds as good as he possibly can for his age (close to Axl's). 

31 minutes ago, MacDaddyRose said:

Jesus christ, why did I press play on that? I've heard people in the karaoke bar sing sweet child better than that. 

I have heard kids mock the song by singing along out of spite and still sound hundreds of times better than Axl Rose 2020

11 hours ago, JordanRose said:

Not sure charts or even money comes sales anymore, chart positions and advertising dollars on streaming sites decides some of it. 

Rock or Bust didn’t sell as well as Black Ice but it was part of profitable tour. 

It it seems more like GNR waiting for all their heroes to be done before they dare take center stage. 

3 hours ago, MacDaddyRose said:

He's a fat fucking disgrace. I'm embarrassed for fans who pay for this shit.

You get what you deserve. Or does it go back to how audiences are now the stars. Nostalgia is really about denying the present. People are thinking more about the past and how cool they used to be. Shows are more like Star Trek conventions now. It’s the era of mediocrity, internet generation don’t want to worship rock stars, they want to think they are as good if not better than the guy up there doing the karaoke. People are so used to living in a fake reality, they accept reality tv as real, they listen to auto tune pop singers, and fame doesn’t even mean being good at something or making money. We are like cattle herded from one disaster to the next. GNR don’t matter anymore they are just a hologram of 80s that’s sold to keep us clicking online. 

Edited by wasted