Inspiring! Former W. Axl Rose's employee scores #1 spot on legendary Billboard Music Parade!

Does it make sense to go on with your musical career after reaching the indisputable pinnacle of working with sensitive, legendary, and now woke-as-fuck Guns n' Roses owner W. Axl Rose?

Ron+Thal+Guns+N+Roses+Performs+Hollywood

Former W. Axl Rose's employee Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has just answered this haunting question with a #1 spot on Billboard.

SONS OF APOLLO’S CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ‘MMXX’ ALBUM
DEBUTS AT #1 ON BILLBOARD’S “CURRENT HARD MUSIC ALBUMS” CHART

For the second album in a row, fans of SONS OF APOLLO–former Dream Theater members Mike Portnoy and Derek SherinianRon “Bumblefoot” Thal (ex-Guns N’ Roses), Billy Sheehan (The Winery Dogs, Mr. Big, David Lee Roth) and Jeff Scott Soto (ex-Journey, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen’s Rising Force)—showed up in full force to get their hands on the band’s second critically acclaimed album, MMXX, its first week out. That support propelled the album straight to the top of Billboard’s “Current Hard Music Albums” chart, where it debuts at #1.

Edited by ludurigan
4 hours ago, fixtafernback said:

I wasn't hating it (besides Mike Portnoy's sterile, modern metal "Mike Portnoy" drum sound) but then it turned into an attempt to pander to maladjusted teens/young adults/the population of South America (not lumping the groups together, just too lazy to word it more carefully; assume mutual exclusivity I guess).

care to elaborate?

on another subject, don't you reckon the sterile Portnoy drum sound fits perfectly with the sterile guitar sound of former W. Axl Rose employee Ron Thal?

4 hours ago, RedHook said:

I thought he was touring the dayrooms at senior citizens homes singing for the band Asia.

I heard that during the Asia job he was invited to join Europe's Final Countdown tour but he declined due to continental reasons

arquivos_noticias_2016_fev_lula-rindo.jp

• 6 months later...

I have to revive this thread by saying that Ron is actually one of my fav GNR employees and I absolutely love Sons Of Apollo. MMXX is a great album in my opinion. It has that slightly melancholic vibe on Goodbye Divinity, Desolate July and King Of Delusion which I like

• 1 month later...

Richard Fontus: "It was just Robin and myself, and we were doing rehearsals and Brain, and it was phenomenal, I mean, absolutely amazing. And literally, I think it was two days before we were supposed to do our first show, the energy was palpable.

"Everybody that was in the room was like you knew something was happening, it was electric, it was really outstanding, and I'd never had that feeling before of, 'Oh my god, this is incredible.'

"Axl came down, he was like, 'This is the band I've always wanted.' The next day Bumblefoot comes in [in 2006], and I guess, they found this guy and he came in, and the whole dynamic just completely shitted.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/richard_fortus_explains_tricky_thing_about_guns_n_roses_talks_how_slash_is_treating_him_since_reunion.html

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnr_guitarist_explains_strange_reason_why_band_is_playing_pink_floyd_classic_live_recalls_state_of_group_after_buckethead_left.html