• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He looks f'n great

The Next Chapter  

Gah....fuck it, just go for it Axl    

Posted Images

Sweet Child is really bad, even by recent standards. I immediately went from watching the Miami 2020 performance to the Vegas Appetite For Democracy DVD version of the same song, and he sounded so much better in 2012. And I remember thinking how much he'd deteriorated back then, but at least it's listenable. SCOM from 2020 is embarassing.

Type Guns N Roses Sweet Mojo into Youtube if you wanna punish your ears.

In defense of Fat Axl......

He hasn't sounded good singing SCOM live since 1988.   It's a really hard song to pull off and even in the UYI days he couldn't do it.

He's never sang a non-Mickey SCOM since he came back in 2001.  It's consistently been one of his weakest songs for the last two decades, but it's also arguably their biggest hit, so what's he supposed to do?

1 hour ago, Stagger-Lee-Democracy3 said:

Hello to you, too. Spot on video. That a "threat" or just obnoxious?

Maybe not to a racist such as yourself, but there is a distinction between Sicilians and Italians. I'm Italian. 

Get it right, If you are going threaten/mock someone. 

John Candy, we miss you.  

Keep it classy, lil 🦆

John Candy?

28 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

The high notes.

Got a decent live version since 1988?  I'd like to hear it.

Los Angeles 2006 was pretty good. I would send it but mojo took care of it

PS. It’s not that hard of a song to pull of. It’s one of the easier ones from their catalogue. He is just shit

Edited by GeraldineBailey
33 minutes ago, Weaponized Autism said:

funny how out of touch he is with what the fans want

he tries to phone it in and ends up giving the best performance of the decade because he's not hopping around sweating off 10 pounds over the course of the song

Yeah, that Dublin show and the Foo Fighters throne shows were some of the best vocals he's done cause he wasn't running around and wheezing.

What an asshole.

Wasn't Conor at that show?  I forget why Axl was standing there like a baby.

What's really annoying is that's one of the reasons he was so good with AC/DC. Angus is the de facto "frontman" of that band, so Axl was able to stand still and focus on actually singing, even after his leg healed. (@maynard will deny this) When it comes to GNR, in Axl's mind, it's not a GNR show unless he's snakedancing and running from one side of the stage to the other during every song.

Problem is, in everyone else's mind, it's not a GNR show unless there's FUCKING RASP.

Edited by Dr. Strangelove
34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What's really annoying is that's one of the reasons he was so good with AC/DC. Angus is the de facto "frontman" of that band, so Axl was able to stand still and focus on actually singing, even after his leg healed. (@maynard will deny this) When it comes to GNR, in Axl's mind, it's not a GNR show unless he's snakedancing and running from one side of the stage to the other during every song.

Problem is, in everyone else's mind, it's not a GNR show unless there's FUCKING RASP.

Hmmmm interesting. 

I totally agree. 

Look at The Ritz show. 

Yes I know it was early in his career, bit it's also regarded as one of their best shows. 

There's no running from side to side from Axl..