Sign in to follow this  
ManetsBR

Brazilian music is actually the best in the world and you're all dumb

14 hours ago, ManetsBR said:

Americans think they know what immigration and miscegenation is like. You have no idea.

Brazil is the true heir to the Holy Roman Empire.

I stopped reading right there. Put down the crack pipe Manet's :lol:

And where would I be wrong here, mr. objectivity? And I'm not romanticizing anything. If my thoughts come out as loonie, I simply don't have a problem with that, if someone wants to call me that, whatever. Maybe it would have been better with "I might be crazy", because we all do, I'm probably not crazy, and probably am not wrong either, in case you wanna get into specifics of where I could be wrong in what I said.

I actually gave you credit by saying you were wrong. You didn't actually say anything, so where could I say you were wrong? You made no argument and you used no logic. You just got emotional and made grand provocative statements like the all show spoiled brat that you have become.

I was just saying there's no reason other than pure imperialism for us brazilians to consume so heavily the US culture when we have here art and artists that are just as good if not better than english-spoken productions. Though that's obviously a matter of opinion, it's really sad to see fellow brazilians online and elsewhere dissing our country and our culture.

I know I have been very angry lately =(  It's the politics. Writing for a newspaper wasn't a good idea at all. Everyday there's some new stupid polemic I have to write about and I have gradually been giving less and less of a shit. I should focus on writing solely fiction.

I just wanted to show you guys some cool tunes and attacked almost all of you. This tells more of me than of anything I tried to say. It may have been a factor that I was in the middle of my whisky-led reading of A Cup of Rage (great novella, recommended). I'm sorry. Not that you were offended, certainly more than anything I just embarassed myself, but I don't care and never did. This is therapy to me.

I'm sorry I said you're not brazilian, maynard. Listen to the songs, they're cool.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Manets. You're still a good shit and we still love you.

And I agree with you about cultural imperialism.

I can't say how good your films are actually. Haven't seen one in a while. Give me some recent ones so I can watch them and tell you how shit you are. Give me a film, not some political lol documentary.

Watch Bacurau, magisme. You can find it easily, it was on xvideos even. It's very Tarantinesque.

The political documentary (Edge of Democracy) is shit.

18 hours ago, ManetsBR said:

miscegenation

Is that some kind of University word? When I think of Brazilian music I mostly think of South American idiots in a stadium somewhere screaming over top of whatever 80's hair metal singer whose band they came to see. J/K Manets, I love you. 

17 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Is that some kind of University word? When I think of Brazilian music I mostly think of South American idiots in a stadium somewhere screaming over top of whatever 80's hair metal singer whose band they came to see. J/K Manets, I love you. 

It means liking a bit of strange lol 

1 hour ago, ManetsBR said:

there's no reason other than pure imperialism for us brazilians to consume so heavily the US culture when we have here art and artists that are just as good if not better than english-spoken productions

exactly. I agree 👍
In Brazil there are many fantastic artists, very good bands, filmmakers recognized worldwide ... in short ... a lot of good art. We owe nothing to gringos.

Edited by auad

My grandfather was Portuguese, does this make me 1/4th Manet? 🤔

5 minutes ago, bran said:

My grandfather was Portuguese, does this make me 1/4th Manet? 🤔

It depends on your net worth, manets is rumored to be millionaire

Magnets acts like Brazil is the only country consuming USA pop culture. The US sets all trends dude, the world follows them as the little bitches they are. And the US don't force anything, it is just the way things are. 

Brazil and all other countries have good artist but I don't see posters from other countries making cringe worthy threads about them. 

The fact you can't stop talking about USA and comparing our artists with theirs shows a sick obsession from your side about a country that doesn't give a fuck about you. 

The big question here is when will manet let go of his teenage years? 

Grow up dude. Stop spending your parents money on drugs in Europe. Get to know the reality of Brazil. What the poor think and how they survive. Drop the pseudo intellectual stuff. It's embarrassing. 

Shove your imperialism bullshit up your Homo ass and shut the fuck up. 

Pitbull must be brazilian,I’m much more knowledge about brazialian footballers like Figo. The hips don’t lie.