School closed for the rest of the year. Virtual learning only. No graduation ceremony. No date set for re-open.

1 minute ago, magisme said:

School closed for the rest of the year. Virtual learning only. No graduation ceremony. No date set for re-open.

School will never re-open!

This article claims some hospitals are trying to have Do Not Resuscitate order for all Coronavirus patients simply because they dont have enough protective gear. 😠😡😠😡

This pisses me off, they had 2 months to stock up on extra protective gear. They shouldn't be able to commit this fuckery.

Screenshot-2020-03-25-21-24-00-1.png

9 minutes ago, hotdogman said:

Rip my job 2019-2020

I'm right there with ya buddy.

Bad time for processed meats, it seems

4 minutes ago, bran said:

Final vote in 30-45 minutes.

Still gotta get thru Pelosi. That's no guarantee

Tough times all around.

Many of us will lose our jobs, a lot of money and family members these next few months. My wife is already trying to get me back to work, but I work in retail and Oklahoma had more people die today from the Wuhan coronavirus than any other day so far. I am not going back to work with a new born during a pandemic. 

We are already bickering over dumb shit. A few more weeks of this and I probably won't even bother showering. 

23 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Tough times all around.

Many of us will lose our jobs, a lot of money and family members these next few months. My wife is already trying to get me back to work, but I work in retail and Oklahoma had more people die today from the Wuhan coronavirus than any other day so far. I am not going back to work with a new born during a pandemic. 

We are already bickering over dumb shit. A few more weeks of this and I probably won't even bother showering. 

welcome to the age of the chinks taking over

3 hours ago, sixes said:

Didnt Italy attribute all deaths regardless of cause to the ching chong flu for a period?

Yeah there was a time if you thought you had the virus and you died before you were being tested, you would be considered a Corona Virus death, although I'm not sure how long that went on for. China did the reverse, if you were deathly sick in a hospital and you died before being tested, they didn't count it as a death.

American cases are spiking and not far from Italy , trump needs to implore harsher measures to minimise this spread but it’s getting to a point of no return 

11 minutes ago, GNS said:

American cases are spiking and not far from Italy , trump needs to implore harsher measures to minimise this spread but it’s getting to a point of no return 

We have 5 times their population so of course we are going to have more cases. We are also testing at a rate more than most in the world and our death rate is still holding steady and nearly 9x less than Italy. We cannot kill our country for something that has a mortality rate of .7-1%

Edited by bran

With 1,000 deaths and 70,000 cases in the US, death rate is about 1.5%. 

My guess is there’s really 300,000 cases. 

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

With 1,000 deaths and 70,000 cases in the US, death rate is about 1.5%. 

My guess is there’s really 300,000 cases. 

Exactly. There was a doctor on the radio earlier tonight saying with the known cases and the unknown cases, the mortality rate is around .7%-1.0%. We cannot lockdown and close everything down and kill our country in the process.

7 minutes ago, bran said:

Exactly. There was a doctor on the radio earlier tonight saying with the known cases and the unknown cases, the mortality rate is around .7%-1.0%. We cannot lockdown and close everything down and kill our country in the process.

I think it has to be a short, sharp lockdown. But then you have to get back to it. 

43 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think it has to be a short, sharp lockdown. But then you have to get back to it. 

I agree 100% but if it goes on through April, we are fucked.

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

For most people, getting laid off now ain't so bad. Because the bill just passed includes an additional $600 per week of unemployment benefits for four months.

That means you could conceivably make MORE on unemployment than you were making while working.

Wish that was the case for me back when I got laid off years ago.

Not sure how I missed this but Joe Biden was accused of sexual assault by a staffer when he was a senator. 

The story begins with Reade being instructed to rush a gym bag to Biden. Upon reaching then-Senator Biden with the bag, Reade claims that he greeted her by name, and proceeded to sexually assault her in a “side area.”

“We were alone, and it was the strangest thing. There was no, like, exchange really, he just had me up against the wall,” Reade claims.

“His hands were on me, and underneath my clothes,” Reade later says. “He went down my skirt, but then up inside. He penetrated me with his fingers.”

Reade alleges that Biden was kissing her and asking her if she “wanted to go somewhere else,” and that after the alleged assault was complete, he said, “C’mon man, I heard you liked me.”

Some actual....journalism and common sense from....the Washington Post??? 

http://archive.fo/F8Eil

It seems forever ago, but Trump’s impeachment was the major story in January and early February — the same time that disease was forcing China to lock down cities. Despite the near certainty that Republicans would not vote to convict the president, Democrats and most of the major media were almost entirely focused on impeachment. As a result, the White House was focused on addressing this threat to its survival, not on preparing for a threat from China that might never even materialize.

In fact, the situation could be even worse today had the Democrats gotten their way. Imagine if Republicans had buckled under the pressure and backed the Democratic move to subpoena witnesses. The Senate would have spent most of February interviewing witnesses in depositions and probably fighting in court to force recalcitrant witnesses to testify. It’s extremely unlikely that the matter would have been over by the end of the month, yet the markets started to decline on Feb. 24 as it became clear that Europe and the United States would not avoid the virus’s spread. Would the House Democrats have suspended their attempt to remove the president at this crucial time, or would they have redoubled their efforts instead?

The fact is that nearly four years of irrational Trump hatred has brought us to the point where any action he takes is subject to criticism. Had he acted decisively in February when he had time, many surely would have accused him of manufacturing a crisis to distract the public from impeachment. Now that we are suffering from that month’s relative inaction, he is attacked for failing to act in advance. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

Edited by bran