Definitely changed my position from not giving a fuck to bunkering down. We have three confirmed cases in my county now. I don’t care for me, but for my pops. I’m over there at least once or twice a week helping them out with miscellaneous shit. Not a time to be selfish. He’s 68 with multiple myeloma and a half dead heart. He almost died last year from just basic bish flu. Can’t risk that to day drink.

This is going to make a really good mafia game in 6 months

Combining the virus with forum culture and shit GNR has unlimited possibilities 

To those of you that actually did any reading or research, how long  is this supposed to last? When will it peak and start declining?

Expect to see a huge spoke in confirmed cases once the US gets its shit together on testing. Then a tapering. Vaccine in a year probably. Texas company claims to have a vaccine right now and has to go through the normal rigamarole of FDA approval, animal and human trials. Since this has been declared a national emergency, the normal process may be circumvented.

20 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

To those of you that actually did any reading or research, how long  is this supposed to last? When will it peak and start declining?

I have read it could take up to 3 months

I am trying to stay hopeful. 

Earlier this week, the Tulsa County Health Department reported the state’s first case of COVID-19, a Tulsa man in his 50s who recently returned from Italy, has recovered from the respiratory illness.

Source: http://www.fox23.com/news/local/3-new-positive-coronavirus-cases-announced-bringing-state-total-7/AAL376M4HRAIVCNTQSDWR7R7VU/?outputType=amp

Oklahoma has ten or so cases around now. I have no problem sitting at home and doing nothing but I cannot change other behaviors. Only my own. 

I have been eating more Vitamin C than ever before and limiting my alcohol intake. 

My anxiety is mostly towards the health of my baby.

I am not an expert on infectious diseases, but isn't there any truth that a virus slowly mutates and potentially becomes less lethal as time goes on? Viruses can only survive if they do not kill. Data is already showing this. Wuhan has the highest death rate. 

Good to see the government is taking this more seriously now. I still believe more action is needed but at least there is a sense of awareness. 

Oklahoma makes history again. 

From what I read, the NBA season was suspended while a Jazz player tested positive in the great state of Oklahoma. 

Things happen here. Nobody cares though. 

I wonder how it must have felt when the players and coaches walked back into the lockers and the stadium PA says that the game has been cancelled from coronavirus. 

Just now, sixes said:

Yes

God damnit! I knew Target was hell. Did anybody believe me? Who's laughing (and crying) now???

12 minutes ago, RedHook said:

What's This?

covid19_train.jpg?resize=1200,630&qualit

Probably a train going through the same thing as anyone already named "Adolph" in 1946 or someone whose birthday is September 11th went through.

*All world putting itself on quarantine. Leaders take drastic measures*

Brazil:

Apoiadores de Bolsonaro protestam em Brasília contra o Congresso e o STF, apesar da recomendação do presidente dias atrás para que os atos fossem cancelados pelo risco do Covid-19. Alguns manifestantes usam máscaras.

ETLII5cWoAA66dr?format=jpg&name=large

Imagem

President Bolsonaro called in for a pro-government protest. Yeah, have you heard of that before? A protest pro-government, it's a fucking oxymoron, which is perfect for the presida-moron. They're calling for the closening of the Congress AND the Supreme Court of Justice, and as always there have been callings for an military intervention aka coup. But I'm glad you guys told me the right wing has nothing to do with authoritarianism. Phew!

People are "protesting" all over Brazil, while also calling the corona virus a hoax and saying stupid shit like "I survived a left wing government, corona can't do shit to me." That's the worst part of reactionaries: they're not only dangerous because their political views are by definition violent. They're mostly dangerous to society because they're very, very dumb.

Edited by ManetsBR

4 hours ago, hotdogman said:

This is going to make a really good mafia game in 6 months

Combining the virus with forum culture and shit GNR has unlimited possibilities 

I might even take the time to learn how to play lol

47 minutes ago, bran said:

They closed my niece's school for three weeks.

6 here in Washington. Thank fuck I work in Ag. I don't have to be around anyone. Also my dickhole of a boss who I hate is on a cruise out of the country 😆😆😆

19 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

6 here in Washington. Thank fuck I work in Ag. I don't have to be around anyone. Also my dickhole of a boss who I hate is on a cruise out of the country 😆😆😆

On a cruise? That's him fucked anyway. 

Im starting to wonder if it wasn't the flu I had in December. 🤔