arnold layne

Anyone else concerned about the Wuhan Virus?

The death toll was 12 less than twelve hours ago and now 17 deaths have been reported. 

The virus has been transmitted to multiple countries. This includes the United States with a confirmed case in Washington state. 

Step 1, stay the fuck out of China. There, you're safe. The guy in Washington has been quarantined.

Worth keeping an eye on alright. 

However, remember the panic over the SARS virus? In the end it killed only 800 worldwide

Every year the regular flu kills about 100 in Ireland alone. 

Edited by Facekicker

5 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Step 1, stay the fuck out of China. There, you're safe. The guy in Washington has been quarantined.

What if I told you that flights to the US from China happen regularly and that future flights could also be compromised by the virus? 

What if I told you that the people who are dying are Chinese? China isn't known for being a) the cleanest country b) the most spacious (people packed together) and c) having citizens with the most common sense.

This shit will end up like the SARS scare a couple dozen people die, and overall a 97% survival rate. This isn't a new plague.

11 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Is it waterborne? What's known about the virus?

They theorize it came from a Wuhan seafood market selling illegal meats. 

Human-to-human transmission has been confirmed. It seems pretty contagious. Symptoms are similar to pneumonia.

Just now, Facekicker said:

It helps that people don't tend to shit in the street in the West. 

Except Sam Francisco. 

Yeah they are fucked 

It is funny and sad you joke about that because it is true. Last time I was in LA, a homeless woman lifted up her skirt and pissed in the middle of the sidewalk. A patrol was on the scene and did absolutely nothing about it. He went along his business. I will never forget it. Scarred me for life to be honest with you. 

6 minutes ago, uruguns said:

Is this virus a new business by some lab who will make billions out of panic?

I think it is too early to declare it the new aids. Probably just another sars or bird flu. 

Only if a few thousand start dropping dead. It will probably end up like SARS.

It really is interesting that damn near every new virus is coming from China......Almost makes you think they are man-made.  If it were just piss-poor hygiene, you'd think more diseases would be found in Africa, or even from the extended Lebeis clan

Seems China is going to quarantine the entire city. Also Africa is a hotbed for disease, ebola is just one that popped up in Africa and then spread and it is still spreading throughout the Congo.

I went through two Chinese airports and I’m fine. I bought a bottle of Jim Beam in customs and took my mask off to drink it in the departure lounge. It’s hard to drink wearing a mask.