Sign in to follow this  
Knuckles

Should Guns release Atlas Shrugged and Hardschool as a Double A single?

To coincide with the super bowl thing, should GNR release Atlas and HS as a double A side single? HS for metal/rock fans with perhaps a reworked intro and Atlas for a more mass audience with a more modern beat?

Just now, Knuckles said:

To coincide with the super bowl thing, should GNR release Atlas and HS as a double A side single? HS for metal/rock fans with perhaps a reworked intro and Atlas for a more mass audience with a more modern beat?

Sounds good. Your literally clutching at straws though because this band doesn't release new music. I became a Guns fan 20 years ago this year, I was 14...man doesn't time fly.

25 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Yes, and it should be a vinyl-only 45rpm single in a paper sleeve. They can get Ralph Bashki to do the artwork. Maybe they will give away GNR-themed roach clips at the record store. I'm going to roller skate over now as soon as I finish waxing up my moustache.

I’m serious. Obviously such an actual release would be digital since it’s 2020, but you could actually do what you just said as a “limited release” thing for collectors. Have the front cover be something cool, perhaps a painting or something and the back be the band or just Axl, Slash, Duff in B/W. Even if they are too lazy to sit for a portrait, use a decent B/W live photo. 

AFD on vinyl had a “G” and “R” side instead of the traditional A and B. The G side were the harder songs and R side the more ballad type songs. I’m just thinking of this Double A concept as sort of being like that. 

I've listened to HS, State of Grace and Perhaps a whole bunch since leakshit. I listened to Atlas maybe 3 times. Utterly dull, forgettable, repetitive, nothing song with naff all melody. Don't get it for a single moment. If it's anything but a b-side i'll be pissed. Better not be on any possible record. And it's supposed to be about Robin leaving because he couldn't hack it so I reckon it'll stay in the vault until there's a box set in 20 years or Axl kicks the bucket. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Dom said:

What was that word JB posted the definition of?

Faggots?

They should release something a single, maybe releasing singles will break Axl out of his inability to release music.

Albums don't mean shit no more anyways.

They should release a single everytime they record something good, and when they have enough singles to make an album compile them and release it as an album, and then start over.

Life imitating art and art now imitating misers life, this band is so tucking pathetic that I wouldn’t waste a fart on Axl if he was on fire and the wind would extinguish it.

Just release something catchy.  Something with a hook.

'Hard School' fits that bill.  I happen to really like both 'Atlas Shrugged' and 'Perhaps'.  But both seem like album cuts to me.

And we are also only working off a handful of songs that we recently got, but were done 20 years ago, but a totally different band.  If we are going to actually entertain the prospect of a new album, there are other songs to pick from we have no knowledge of.  

Edited by D-GenerationX

19 hours ago, RedHook said:

Yes, lets not speculate, post nothing, let the board die, forget about GNR, and go on with your life. 

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, bran said:

There are a lot of things GNR SHOULD do but they never do them.

listen loud guys!

Rock N’ Roll lives and moves on!

@Gordon Comstock @Bill Brasky

Edited by auad

On 1/21/2020 at 4:53 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Why does Miser lurk from one account and post from another when it's painfully obvious it's him anyway?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ8nlRXVUy-DBtgpn8i65

World record day. This is my plan. They release Hard and Atlas is a double A side on world record day. Then a month later and a riot later Soul Monster goes to iTunes. 

On 1/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, RedHook said:

Yes, lets not speculate, post nothing, let the board die, forget about GNR, and go on with your life. 

giphy.gif

Anal or I’m out.