popcorn's snare

The Witcher (show) is shit

I really had high hopes for this show.  I dunno what I was expecting, but it made me realize how fucking good Game of Thrones was in its early seasons.  

Witcher has potential, but goddamn, it takes some effort to make it through all the episodes.  And that right there sorta is the rub- it's corny sometimes, but you kinda want to keep watching it.  

I never got shows like these. I tried watching the first three episodes at my friend’s house, and it seemed like Dungeons and Dragons shit people in high school would’ve kicked your ass for. The action’s pretty good, but, idk, it’s crazy to me my generation gobbles this shit up the way that they do.

I thought it was pretty good, minus a few casting choices. It nails the feel of the books and games.

just attempted to watch it.....snooooooooze.

GoT was a once in a generation hit.  Imitating is just gonna make a big piece of shit.

17 hours ago, Bobbo said:

I never got shows like these. I tried watching the first three episodes at my friend’s house, and it seemed like Dungeons and Dragons shit people in high school would’ve kicked your ass for. The action’s pretty good, but, idk, it’s crazy to me my generation gobbles this shit up the way that they do.

right?

i only got around to watching the LOTR trilogies last year

I mean fantasy has been popular forever, it isn't just this generation. The best selling book of all time (barring the bible) is The Lord of the Rings(1954) and the Hobbit is #6(1937).

It's probably not that bad at all.....I was just too exhausted after following everything in Westeros to start all over again from scratch.