Knuckles

Rare photo of Axl from 1996 emerges

13 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Anyone else feel dirty clicking that link?

(No disrespect or anything untoward to you Knuckles)

Feels like walking into misers addict

He has that gimmick full-head bandanna on in every pic i've seen from 1996 through 1998, maybe 1999. Makes me think he was dicking around with hair transplants the entire time. 

Yup, he most certainly was.  I'm pretty sure he paid for the best ones- where they transplant single hairs at a time.  Or maybe not single hairs, but small enough sections that don't look like plugs.  In all honesty, they did a pretty good job.  I can't blame him.  At least he didn't go the Brett Michaels route.  That shit looks ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Is this a newly discovered picture.

Everything from this timeframe looks the same to me. IDK

157919127517.jpg

Yes. There is another more well known picture from this day:

15E.jpg

The pics were taken backstage at the RHCP concert in April 96. Axl was patted down because with the shot hair and beard he was “unrecognizable.”

This is the only picture of Axl without a bandana on his head from this time period. Taken Summer 1996 at Coney Island:

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/58/91/d0/5891d095a5f0188d7b1a31a7ccab3a2c.jpg

Edited by Knuckles

41 minutes ago, JordanRose said:

He has that gimmick full-head bandanna on in every pic i've seen from 1996 through 1998, maybe 1999. Makes me think he was dicking around with hair transplants the entire time. 

This is what he had under the bandana as of summer 96

Edited by Knuckles

10 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Yes. There is another more well known picture from this day:

15E.jpg

The pics were taken backstage at the RHCP concert in April 96. Axl was patted down because with the shot hair and beard he was “unrecognizable.”

This is the only picture of Axl without a bandana on his head from this time period. Taken Summer 1996 at Coney Island:

How do you feel about moustaches?

To me, Everytime I see a pic of Axl from that era, I feel he's man going through some serious detox 

I think his drug use was getting out of hand and he took steps to reel it in. 

He always said he would do anything but not let himself become a junkie. 

I think he was teetering and he stopped it

Knowing that I will be seeing you again has made my life worth living again. The sheer thought of it helps me get through every day and ignore any inconvenience there might be, it helps me focus on loving and being happy and looking at the bright side life has to offer, the good things in it. Getting to know that I‘ll be having you right in front of me again was all I needed after some of the roughest weeks I‘ve ever been through in life, and even though one might just treat it as the smallest thing ever, it basically saved me. I‘m seeing the love of my life again, I‘ll be in your beautiful, angelic presence again, what else matters?