Sign in to follow this  
auad

Gigaton: Pearl Jam's New Album

The band has confirmed the release of the new album for March 27th!

pearljam_capa_previa_gigaton.jpg

Great news! Good music on the way.

Edited by auad

Probably gonna be whining about climate change horseshit.

I love these guys, but they're such SJW pussies and always have been.

They put on amazing, incredible shows, and everyone should see them if they get a chance, but these guys are the anti-GNR in the fact that they DO put out new music but it's all sucky.

Their last original tune was this limp-dick anti Trump protest song a few years ago.

In fact, they have 1.5 GOOD songs in the last 20 years....Just Breathe and Life Wasted (Reprise.)  And those are essentially Eddie solo.   They're a kick-ass band, don't get me wrong, they just lost their song writing mojo decades ago.

7 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Probably gonna be whining about climate change horseshit.

I love these guys, but they're such SJW pussies and always have been.

They put on amazing, incredible shows, and everyone should see them if they get a chance, but these guys are the anti-GNR in the fact that they DO put out new music but it's all sucky.

Their last original tune was this limp-dick anti Trump protest song a few years ago.

In fact, they have 1.5 GOOD songs in the last 20 years....Just Breathe and Life Wasted (Reprise.)  And those are essentially Eddie solo.   They're a kick-ass band, don't get me wrong, they just lost their song writing mojo decades ago.

Makes sense.

They haven't made a record as good, epic and dense as TEN yet.

Just the crap of my opinion.

Nevertheless, there are MANY songs from them after TEN that I like a lot! I had the honor of being at their concert in Brazil in 2013.

Edited by auad

Jeremy is one of my favorite songs. Not only did Eddie put his heart and soul into it, but man, the story behind it is beyond fucked up and yet fascinating at the same time.  

Ten was a good album. 

On 1/13/2020 at 11:46 PM, arnold layne said:

Jeremy is one of my favorite songs. Not only did Eddie put his heart and soul into it, but man, the story behind it is beyond fucked up and yet fascinating at the same time.  

Ten was a good album. 

The first time I heard it I thought it was "Jeremy's smoking... crack today"

I never really cared for Ten.  It's my least favorite of their early stuff....I only really became a fan when I got my hands on some of their live bootlegs, and when they started branching out into weirder shit with "Vs."

WMA is probably their biggest SJW pussy-fag cringefest, at least lyrically.  It whines about how awful White Male Americans are.

But god DAMN does it have the sexiest fucking groove......ignore the bullshit lyrics and just listen to Abbruzzese's drumming on this track.   So good.

Ten is a masterpiece. Vs. isn't far behind. Vitalogy has magical moments. It all falls off pretty hard after that.

I thought Vs, and Vitalogy were awesome....No Code had some gems.....Yield had some moments.......Binaural was evidence they were running on fumes.........and ever since Riot Act they lost it.

Lightning Bolt was the best of their later stuff, and it's a pleasant listen, but it's completely forgettable, unfortunately.

No Code and Yield are pretty good. After that every album had maybe one or two decent songs at most. The album with Bushleaguer was absolute shit. 

Yeah that was Riot Act.

That was also the last album that I saw them tour for.....back in '03.   God, I'm old.

I actually took my mom to that show.  She was happy cause they played "Wishlist" which was pretty much the only song she knows by them.

Ya know.....Eddie is a real hypocritical twat, but he really is one of the best frontmen of all time and every now and then he cans till write a killer jam.

This song is so close to my life it's almost too painful to even listen to.  It was in Twin Peaks a few years ago.  But goddamn, this song is my life.  A fat, 42 year old, single, childless dork who completed pissed away every chance I ever had to better myself.  How the hell did Eddie Vedder come up with something so poignant?  He ditched his longtime frumpy wife and married a much younger chick, a MODEL no less, and made genetically superior kids with her, and he's also one of the most famous musicians of his generation and he has hundreds of millions of dollars.  What can he possibly regret in life?  I guess he just has good imagination.

It's just way too close to home for me, especially the bolded lines......I must waste about an hour or two a day thinking about "what could have been".....still have fucking dreams at least once a week about the girl that left me 15 years ago.   Man.   Fuck my shitty life.  This song gets it.

Can't climb to heaven on the cross

One lie is promised drained the blood from my heart

Came a message in the dark

Offered the hand of a disembodied man

While I still had the chance But now it's gone, gone.

And I am who I am Who I was. I will never be again

Running out of sand

I stare at my reflection to the bone

Blurred eyes look back at me. Full of blame and sympathy

So, so close Right roads not taken.

Futures forsaken Dropped liked a fossil or stone

But now it's gone, gone. And I am who I am

Who I was. I will never come again

Running out of sand

A drunk octopus wants to fight

Fearful of dreams, there'll be no sleep tonight

Fine at dinner, dead by dessert

Victims of witness, we're gonna get hurt

A fragile existence with echoes of worth

I can't stop the bleeding nor the tears from thine eyes

There's another us somewhere with much better lives

With God as our witness but he won't testify.

Now it's gone..gone And I am, who I am

Who I could've been. I'll never have the chance

Running out of sand Running out of sand Running out of sand

On 1/16/2020 at 4:26 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Ya know.....Eddie is a real hypocritical twat, but he really is one of the best frontmen of all time and every now and then he cans till write a killer jam.

This song is so close to my life it's almost too painful to even listen to.  It was in Twin Peaks a few years ago.  But goddamn, this song is my life.  A fat, 42 year old, single, childless dork who completed pissed away every chance I ever had to better myself.  How the hell did Eddie Vedder come up with something so poignant?  He ditched his longtime frumpy wife and married a much younger chick, a MODEL no less, and made genetically superior kids with her, and he's also one of the most famous musicians of his generation and he has hundreds of millions of dollars.  What can he possibly regret in life?  I guess he just has good imagination.

It's just way too close to home for me, especially the bolded lines......I must waste about an hour or two a day thinking about "what could have been".....still have fucking dreams at least once a week about the girl that left me 15 years ago.   Man.   Fuck my shitty life.  This song gets it.

Can't climb to heaven on the cross

One lie is promised drained the blood from my heart

Came a message in the dark

Offered the hand of a disembodied man

While I still had the chance But now it's gone, gone.

And I am who I am Who I was. I will never be again

Running out of sand

I stare at my reflection to the bone

Blurred eyes look back at me. Full of blame and sympathy

So, so close Right roads not taken.

Futures forsaken Dropped liked a fossil or stone

But now it's gone, gone. And I am who I am

Who I was. I will never come again

Running out of sand

A drunk octopus wants to fight

Fearful of dreams, there'll be no sleep tonight

Fine at dinner, dead by dessert

Victims of witness, we're gonna get hurt

A fragile existence with echoes of worth

I can't stop the bleeding nor the tears from thine eyes

There's another us somewhere with much better lives

With God as our witness but he won't testify.

Now it's gone..gone And I am, who I am

Who I could've been. I'll never have the chance

Running out of sand Running out of sand Running out of sand

the tracklist from Gigaton:

1. Who Ever Said
2. Superblood Wolfmoon
3. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
4. Quick Escape
5. Alright
6. Seven O'Clock
7. Never Destination
8. Take The Long Way
9. Buckle Up
10. Come Then Goes
11. Retrograde
12. River Cross

Edited by auad

I love me some PJ, was an original Ten Club member, got to see their 10th Anniversary show at MGM in 2000, was at the show at soldier field in 1995 (Even Flow, dedicated to Wesley Willis that night, was unreal) ..... I have my bona fides

That said, they have sucked for me over the last two albums, and from what I have heard so far this one appears to be the same.

This new song is terrible in every way imaginable. They really should be embarrassed to release something this incredibly weak.

If this song was put on youtube by an unknown band it would be lucky if it got 100 plays.

Holy shit I knew it was gonna be bad, but this shit is unlistenable.

They truly are the anti-GNR.    They'll get up there and play 2 hours of this horseshit and everyone will be yelling '"JEREMY!!!!"

Meanwhile, GNR goes into Live and Let Die for the 8695th time and half the audience falls into a coma.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.