EstrangedTWAT

The Mandalorian

11 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also....how funny was the banter between the bored Biker Scouts??

i checked /tv/ after the episode leaked and there was a 400 post thread about that scene and how it was "tonally jarring" and "totally reddit"

they went on to condemn the entire episode and taika waititi for directing it "like an MCU flick"

but they love baby yeed because they're convinced his rise in popularity was "organic" and unplanned by disney despite all of the gratuitous shots in the show of him doing cute baby yeed shit

it's been 13 years but i think 4chan's unfettered contrarianism has finally become too much for me

Edited by Dr. Strangelove

52 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

space hitler gus emerging from the crashed TIE with the darksaber didn't do it for you?

To be honest...not really. 

Maybe the sequels have killed my interest in Star Wars for good. 

I don't know. 

Overall, I thought the episode was fucking awesome.  My faith in Star Wars is restored.  Sure, Baby Yoda has some Ewok problem in terms of cuteness and I hate that the show is so immensely popular that every retard likes it.  But oh well.  

I thought the banter was fine.  I mean, it didn't even cross my mind it would bother anyone.  I didn't like the one dude bonking baby yoda on the head, but that's me not liking his actions as a fictional character, not me not liking his character as written or anything.  I was like "you fucking asshole, do that shit again, I hope he force pushes you into a reverse sommersault."  

The only real thing I was disappointed in was that I somehow thought they were going to reveal baby yoda's name or his race's name.  The reason I thought that is because I read an article about Bob Iger knowing the details and having more security because he's in the know of the name or something.  Looking back, I think the article was implying shit.  In some ways, it's good that they didn't reveal a name or the name of Yoda's race.  Because no matter how good it is, it's going to be a letdown.  

Let's see, what else- I wish they would've killed Moff Gideon after his Tie Fighter crashed.  But again, it's not that bothersome.  

One question: Why did Gus Gideon give them til sundown?  That was the only real thing that was a head-scratcher for me.  Did he think baby yoda was in there?  

Also, is it possible baby yoda is yoda's kid?  I wouldn't mind if that were the case.  Probably not though, but just wonderin if that's even a possibility.  Maybe he was frozen in carbonite or somethin.  Like, they were extracting midichlorians for years, then someone stole him, then they unfroze him.  I dunno.  Just curious on any of you guys' thoughts on baby yoda's origin.

The Child is fifty years old.   Well within Yoda's lifespan to have impregnated a Yaddle.

But I seriously doubt there's any relation.  I think they realized how dumb it was having Yaddle around in the first place, cause it really made Yoda seem less special by having two of them in a room together.  Hence, we never saw another of his species after Episode One.

Until now.

Lines for a Yoda sex scene. 

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not"

"Do or do not, there is no try" 

1 minute ago, magisme said:

Alright. Season is over. Give me the non-fanboy answer. Should I watch it?

The Mandalorian? Sure.

It's not amazing like Breaking Bad or early Game of Thrones—it's a kid's show.

But it's good.

Especially the first 2 episodes. If you don't like them, don't bother with the rest.

I have watched five episodes. It's ok. I am not sure what they are going to do with Baby Yoda. He is a very limited character. 

It's not like they can expand much either. He's already fifty years old, so by the time he hits adulthood, the Mandalorian will be long gone. 

46 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I have watched five episodes. It's ok. I am not sure what they are going to do with Baby Yoda. He is a very limited character. 

It's not like they can expand much either. He's already fifty years old, so by the time he hits adulthood, the Mandalorian will be long gone. 

regular yoda went from hopping around fighting sith lords with a lightsaber to old, decrepit and dying of old age in 30 years

baby yeed will hit his growth spurt in season 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

regular yoda went from hopping around fighting sith lords with a lightsaber to old, decrepit and dying of old age in 30 years

baby yeed will hit his growth spurt in season 2

Yeah you're right.