EstrangedTWAT

The Mandalorian

It's actually not that great. Strip away the Star Wars settings and just look at it from a story point of view. 

If it was set as a Western or something it would be getting panned and rightfully so. 

it's just nice to see a big budget sci-fi series that doesn't take itself too seriously

in a world full of shit like the expanse, the OAs, mindhunter and all sorts of other edge-fi, these little half hour flash gordon/xena: warrior princess mashups are a nice change

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

it's just nice to see a big budget sci-fi series that doesn't take itself too seriously

in a world full of shit like the expanse, the OAs, mindhunter and all sorts of other edge-fi, these little half hour flash gordon/xena: warrior princess mashups are a nice change

Xena Warrior Princess. :lol:

That's actually too accurate a comparison. 

Some SW fans will hate anything Star Wars because they have invested like 5 years doing it. It will always be "this crap, this isn't what I want, Disney ruined it so nothing Star Wars will ever be good again" etc etc etc. 

GIGANTIC FUCKING SPOILER

Spoiler

I'm halfway through the ep.  The IG unit took Mando's helmet off.   HE'S A FUCKING MAN, NOT SOME ROIDED UP BITCH UNDER HIS HELMET!!   No "subverting expectations!"   I was convinced they'd make him a fucking woman just to fuck with us.   I'm so relieved he's a dude.

OK.  Gonna finish the season now.

Excellent episode.  Excellent season.  Excellent series.  Easily the best of 2019.

Spoiler

When he flies up and is hanging on the TIE Fighter and blows one of the wings off......I used to do shit like that with my action figures as a kid.  That's why I love this show.  It's just like me playing with my toys in 1983 but in awesome live action.

Also....how funny was the banter between the bored Biker Scouts??

Edited by EstrangedTWAT

10 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Also....how funny was the banter between the bored Biker Scouts??

I was thinking it was John C. Reily and Paul Rudd :lol: