Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

What was the worst GNR tour of the 21st Century?

1 - ASHBA years - Axl's voice was good but ASSBA, STUSON, RON BF, PITOMAN.... Somehow these clowns managed to be even more ridiculous than the fake reunion. I think it has to do with them holding street signs pretending they had any relevance to GNR's history.

2 - Fake Reunion - One word: Lazy. Axl didn't feel like singing. Slash didn't feel like playing any coherent guitar parts and Duff is a pussy.

3 - AXL/DC - Probably the most annoying thing I've ever witnessed, showing the true colors of some closeted Axl fanboys in here. So what he screams? The songs are AWFUL. ANGUS YOUNG is a fucking joke. If you like rocks and thunders fine, but this was not the second coming of Christ, no need to cum in your pants while watching Axl yelling for 1 1/2 hours. 

4 - The Georgia Residency - let's never talk about it again. Damn you gypsies! Damn you!

- NA 2019 - Axl sounded awful. Axl was so fat he could barely move. He seemed like he didn’t even want to be there as well as Slash and Duff. 

-2011-2014 Ashba and Bumble years- Cover band with fatass on vocals who sounds like mickey mouse. Ashba was a clown, Pitman was embarrassing. 

- Europe and Asia 2018- Axl was terrible for a while but these two brought a new lows. He couldn’t manage to sing This I Love and it was earrape. He butchered Whole Lotta Rosie. Band was sloppy. Same shit as in 2017 but worse. 

4 hours ago, maynard said:

3 - AXL/DC - Probably the most annoying thing I've ever witnessed, showing the true colors of some closeted Axl fanboys in here. So what he screams? The songs are AWFUL. ANGUS YOUNG is a fucking joke. If you like rocks and thunders fine, but this was not the second coming of Christ, no need to cum in your pants while watching Axl yelling for 1 1/2 hours. 

Fucking Amen. And the fact that doing is probably why he'll never sound good with his OWN fucking band again. Bitching back in the early 90s about not wanting to jerk off to Appetite every night and make more cock rock type records and blows what's left of his load in his fat fifties screeching away.

NITL: i never bought into the reunion hype. To me this tour was the official unveiling of GNR as a corporation and brand and the death of GNR and the myth of Alex Rosas. Overpriced, below mediocre quality. Slash sucking at guitar more than ever.

Ashba era: utter rubbish, but we had the last glimpses of Axl as a singer and performer.

I think Alex is simply too fat to perform on stage. And his voice is completely shot and he don’t give a fuck. That’s why Axl/DC tour was better. He at least put effort to these shows. Of course ACDC is shitty cock rock but still I’d rather wach this than what we has on last leg. There is literally nothing good about his performances right now. This shit is unlistenable and unwatchable

Just now, GeraldineBailey said:

I think Alex is simply too fat to perform on stage. And his voice is completely shot and he don’t give a fuck. That’s why Axl/DC tour was better. He at least put effort to these shows. Of course ACDC is shitty cock rock but still I’d rather wach this than what we has on last leg. There is literally nothing good about his performances right now. This shit is unlistenable and unwatchable

Between Axl yelling about rocks and thunders and Axl/Slash pathetic charade, I choose actually good bands.

5 hours ago, maynard said:

Between Axl yelling about rocks and thunders and Axl/Slash pathetic charade, I choose actually good bands.

Still, some people like songs about rocks and thunders and it’s good for them I guess. NITL Show is like spit in the face.

But you’re right both are pathetic 

23 hours ago, maynard said:

3 - AXL/DC - Probably the most annoying thing I've ever witnessed, showing the true colors of some closeted Axl fanboys in here.

:rofl-lol:

21 hours ago, D-GenerationX said:

And the 'Appetite For Democracy' DVD is my thesis statement.

2012 Axl sounds a whole lot better than 17-18 reunion Axl, imo. At least a good half of his vocals on that DVD are passable, with NR and YCBM being the only truly offensive vocals in the set. By many of the shows in 2017-18, a good three quarters of the set was unlistenable. 

He made a marked improvement vocally this year, imo, even if the setlist is as dull as dishwater.

17-18 was truly the nadir. Excruciating vocals and an embarassment all round.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

2012 Axl sounds a whole lot better than 17-18 reunion Axl, imo. At least a good half of his vocals on that DVD are passable, with NR and YCBM being the only truly offensive vocals in the set. 

No

He sounded better than in 17-19 but it’s not saying much. It was still Mickey Mouse show, with Axl out of shape and cover band. 

Only NR and YCBM? How about Rocket Queen, Catcher in the rye, paradise city, scom, this i love?

Mickey Mouse all the way.

Every year since 2000 has been shit. The way you all fucking kid yourself on that 2006 was good is embarrassing to read.

Bill should have hung it up in 1993 and that's that.

1 hour ago, GeraldineBailey said:

No

He sounded better than in 17-19 but it’s not saying much. It was still Mickey Mouse show, with Axl out of shape and cover band. 

Only NR and YCBM? How about Rocket Queen, Catcher in the rye, paradise city, scom, this i love?

Mickey Mouse all the way.

Yeah, those are ropey too, I'll give you that. But not half as ropey as some of his performances of those same songs in 2017/18. It's one of those things where your heart sank when you watched it back in 2012, thinking "man, Axl sounds like shit" and then six years later you realise how there's always new depths of shit Axl can stoop to. 2012 versions of RQ, Catcher and TIL are inconsistent and weak, but not utterly dreadful. 2017/18 versions are unlistenable from start to finish with no redeeming parts whatsoever.

2011/12 was the first cancer diagnosis and you think "how the fuck am I gonna get through this". 2017/18 was when you found out it was terminal and started regurgitating faeces from your mouth, begging for the sweet mercy of death.

On 12/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, maynard said:

so fucking true and actually i don't even think Axl souned that good then. he was just screaming in falsetto. ac/dc is utter shit.

1 hour ago, Dreyfus said:

so fucking true and actually i don't even think Axl souned that good then. he was just screaming in falsetto. ac/dc is utter shit.

Yep. The songs that had any melodic vocals were Mickeyd as well. But 99% of the time was just yelling. It's not as bad as Mickey of course but it was not the second coming of Christ either. 

7 hours ago, maynard said:

Yep. The songs that had any melodic vocals were Mickeyd as well. But 99% of the time was just yelling. It's not as bad as Mickey of course but it was not the second coming of Christ either. 

When you have a mental case that pretends to be an ugly black guy as your only backup, you might want to put some consideration into your conclusions. Just some friendly advice though, feel free to carry on.

16 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

When you have a mental case that pretends to be an ugly black guy as your only backup, you might want to put some consideration into your conclusions. Just some friendly advice though, feel free to carry on.

so u think this sounds good?

he sounded ok on back in black and shitty on my michelle. 

yeah he sounded better in acdc than in gnr no doubts

ima only sayin that better doesn't mean great, and compared to for example 2010 it was still shit

whole different level of power in his voice, y'all got cucked by fatty again