Sign in to follow this  
Trin9498

Axl hates the bass?

Awesome bass in Appetite and Illusions....Awesome base on the Chinese leaks....why no base on the final CD? The album is sorely missing it and that was signature GnR sound. 

I think Duff used a roto-vibe so the bass stood out. You can hear the off scale note at 3:00 on NR. Similar to John Entwhistle's percussive twangy bass. I don't think Axl had a lot to do with the mixing or end product. See Soul Monster with Vocals at 1:02, it's barely audible.

2 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Awesome bass in Appetite and Illusions....Awesome base on the Chinese leaks....why no base on the final CD? The album is sorely missing it and that was signature GnR sound. 

Can hear it on TWAT.

7 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

I think Duff used a roto-vibe so the bass stood out. You can here the off scale note at 3:00 on NR. Similar to John Entwhistle's percussive twangy bass. I don't think Axl had a lot to do with the mixing or end product. See Soul Monster with Vocals at 1:02, it's barely audible.

True. Soul Monster is legit that the lack of base doesn’t actually affect the song. 

CD is riddled in good bass lines buried in layers. 2 glaring examples are the title track and The Blues. It’s criminal. 

It took the locker leaks having great bass for me to realise because I'd never really thought about it before and now listening to normal CD I'm kinda annoyed.