Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EstrangedTWAT

Do you own Chinese Democracy on vinyl?

Do you own Chinese Democracy on vinyl?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Well......do you?

    • Yes. I do own Chinese Democracy on vinyl.
      9
    • Nigga, please....
      20


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, maynard said:

That's the version that protects you from bad spirits but not from savages fucking your wife and daughters right?

That’s the one.  It also makes weird noises and calls you a faggot during play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, magisme said:

Like Deadstar, I never considered buying it in any format.

I intend to never line their pockets ever again and feel stupid for having done so in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Bought it in Canada when I went there, 7 years ago. Together with Appetite for Destruction and Jeff Buckley's Grace the only vinyls I ever bought, though Grace was a gift. All purely decorative, practically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

That’s cool.

i actually have a vinyl copy of Live Era.

its in decent shape also. I just want another, I’m always looking. 

 

As as for the reissue, it won’t devalue the original pressing. 

If your bro has an original pressing of Pulse, I’d gladly give him 100 or even 200.. that’s a well sought after pressing. 

Hell man, if you are able to get an original Live like a Suicide, it’ll set you back a few hundred, but it’s always retained it value. 

I saw one at a record show a few months ago in shitty condition for 250.

I have a Bob Ludwig Zeppelin 2 pressing that’s in shitty condition, but will still fetch 100 to a collector.

Basically what I’m saying is the original vinyl pressings will likely almost always retain their value. 

 

A lot of times the reissues are 180 G , and are initially expensive, but hardly see their value increase like the originals do.

everyone got rid of their vinyl, there’s simply not many copies left...

 

i could  talk about this all night. 

Its a very expensive hobby I’ve taken up. 

Shit man, thTs why I bought Locked & Loaded

Any idea what Elastica's debut album on vinyl is worth at this point? Probably not much as they're pretty much forgotten but I'm pretty sure I own the only mint copy still in existence.

 

It's funny how when you get shit like this you're initially strutting around your living room like Ric Flair and then five minutes later it's tossed in your closet where it remains sight unseen for 15 years and counting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MIA said:

Any idea what Elastica's debut album on vinyl is worth at this point? Probably not much as they're pretty much forgotten but I'm pretty sure I own the only mint copy still in existence.

 

It's funny how when you get shit like this you're initially strutting around your living room like Ric Flair and then five minutes later it's tossed in your closet where it remains sight unseen for 15 years and counting.

Ya, there’s a few different releases. Depending on which label, US UK or Europe pressing, it goes from anywhere from 50 to 200 bucks

The higher end is a misprint limited edition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes to both Manets and MIA.......my vinyls are purely decorative cause I don't listen to them.  I just like "having" them.

 

And I also know that feeling right when I acquire it and I think it's hot shit and then yes, sometimes it will be literally a decade between the times I pull it out of the closet and look at it.

 

(I have a lot of stuff like that though....thousands of comic books, action figures, some rare lobby movie posters...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

Ya, there’s a few different releases. Depending on which label, US UK or Europe pressing, it goes from anywhere from 50 to 200 bucks

The higher end is a misprint limited edition

I'll do an archeological dig through my closet this weekend and see which one it is. 

 

I also realize that's not how to properly store records....

 

 

Funny thing though...even if it was technically worth a couple grand, it's one of those things you'd never get a buyer for.

 

It's been years since I've bought any of that stuff but even the sellers had no real clue what to sell any of it for. 

 

I had a lot of fun back then buying various collectibles of my favorite bands but let's be honest....this shit is just like the sports cards racket. 99% of it ain't worth a thimble full of fool's gold.

 

I was into sports cards briefly in the 80s but wised up to that pretty quickly and thankfully before sinking more allowance money into it.

 

Remember Jose Canseco? His rookie card back then was worth 80 bucks. How? Everyone and their Grandma had several of them. I realized then it was all smoke and mirrors meant to placate nerds and keep bubble gum companies in business.

 

That card was worth a bag of dog shit as soon as another hot card came along to cause wet dreams for nerds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't own CD on vinyl (haha)...I do have a vinyl collection that is partly my own stuff from back in the day, partly hand me downs from family and partly stuff I've collected since.

 

I don't really buy "new" stuff on vinyl...only classics.

 

I don't have any GNR on vinyl actually, compact disc (and tape if I was poor) was IT back then for me anyway.

 

I have most of Alice Cooper, original Sabbath, classic Ozzy and Bowie on vinyl but I don't have a turntable, and I'm not too hung up on it all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a used copy of Sally Can't Dance that has (former owner, I presume) Sally Charles' name written on the back in Biro.

 

Like you would want to be associated with the Sally from the song/album!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MIA said:

I'll do an archeological dig through my closet this weekend and see which one it is. 

 

I also realize that's not how to properly store records....

 

 

Funny thing though...even if it was technically worth a couple grand, it's one of those things you'd never get a buyer for.

 

It's been years since I've bought any of that stuff but even the sellers had no real clue what to sell any of it for. 

 

I had a lot of fun back then buying various collectibles of my favorite bands but let's be honest....this shit is just like the sports cards racket. 99% of it ain't worth a thimble full of fool's gold.

 

I was into sports cards briefly in the 80s but wised up to that pretty quickly and thankfully before sinking more allowance money into it.

 

Remember Jose Canseco? His rookie card back then was worth 80 bucks. How? Everyone and their Grandma had several of them. I realized then it was all smoke and mirrors meant to placate nerds and keep bubble gum companies in business.

 

That card was worth a bag of dog shit as soon as another hot card came along to cause wet dreams for nerds.

If it’s sealed and presumed mint, there’s always a buyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MIA said:

I'll do an archeological dig through my closet this weekend and see which one it is. 

 

I also realize that's not how to properly store records....

 

 

Funny thing though...even if it was technically worth a couple grand, it's one of those things you'd never get a buyer for.

 

It's been years since I've bought any of that stuff but even the sellers had no real clue what to sell any of it for. 

 

I had a lot of fun back then buying various collectibles of my favorite bands but let's be honest....this shit is just like the sports cards racket. 99% of it ain't worth a thimble full of fool's gold.

 

I was into sports cards briefly in the 80s but wised up to that pretty quickly and thankfully before sinking more allowance money into it.

 

Remember Jose Canseco? His rookie card back then was worth 80 bucks. How? Everyone and their Grandma had several of them. I realized then it was all smoke and mirrors meant to placate nerds and keep bubble gum companies in business.

 

That card was worth a bag of dog shit as soon as another hot card came along to cause wet dreams for nerds.

It’s a good album, I’d buy it from you, but just to have it (don’t care about pressing) and listen to it, so i don’t think i could make you a fair “market offer”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, I don’t own CD on vinyl. I got interested about it a couple of years ago, but did a bit of research and apparently it sounds like crap. It’s either the US or Euro pressing that is bad, but i didn’t care enough to look for a good one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...