GeraldineBailey

Slash and Duff on Ozzy’s album

2 hours ago, RedHook said:

This guy is dying, but he can still release an album and even go out and promote it with an old school style in store.

When it comes to GNR all we get is excuses, the industry changed, we don't know how, ... WTF why didn't they ask Ozzy for the answers while they were recording the album with him.

Let alone asking Ozzy. Slash could ask himself because he released one relatively recently. Alzheimer must be hell for him.

1 hour ago, GeraldineBailey said:

Slash could ask himself because he released one relatively recently. Alzheimer must be hell for him.

Slash "who is this Myles Kennedy guy that keeps leaving messages on my cell, I gotta change my number"

These songs are Ozzy doing Ozzy, the flaw GNR or Axl is that they want to different stuff each time. Using Ozzy as an example he’s a legend, so are the Stones. That gives them self assurance. GNR are only just getting there and they seem to struggle with that role. They still seem to be fans of AC/DC or Ozzy and waiting in line to just be GNR. They’ve always been pulling in different directions. 

Huge Ozzy fan but I haven't really liked anything he's done since Ozmosis/late 90s when he did some cool guest spots and covers (NOT the covers album!).

I liked stuff like "Nowhere To Run" and the one he and Iommi did with Wu Tang but this Post Malone stuff just sounds like garbage to me, I guess I must be old now or something but all I hear is embarrassing crap, from both parties.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Huge Ozzy fan but I haven't really liked anything he's done since Ozmosis/late 90s when he did some cool guest spots and covers (NOT the covers album!).

I liked stuff like "Nowhere To Run" and the one he and Iommi did with Wu Tang but this Post Malone stuff just sounds like garbage to me, I guess I must be old now or something but all I hear is embarrassing crap, from both parties.

Huge Ozzy fan here too, I enjoy Black Rain and Scream, but I can agree they are not very good. I think ordinary man would be better than both but production is garbage. Fuck Andrew Twat

3 minutes ago, GeraldineBailey said:

Huge Ozzy fan here too, I enjoy Black Rain and Scream, but I can agree they are not very good. I think ordinary man would be better than both but production is garbage. Fuck Andrew Twat

I want to like it (and I wanted to like Black Rain/Scream too) but it all sounds like Ozzy sang the first melody that came to his head alongside the first set of lyrics that got done for it and then they did two takes, said "Wow, that was amazing!" and slapped that shit right on out.

Found this on wikipedia of the Take What You Want single: 

... debuting at number eight and becoming Osbourne's first Billboard Hot 100 top 10 in over 30 years, making it the longest gap between top 10 appearances.[4] 

The song is also the first mainstream rock song to hit the top 10 of the Hot 100 since Shinedown's "Second Chance" in 2009

The first Rock song in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 in over 10 Years!

I knew things were bad, but this is way more fucked than I could have imagined.

55 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Found this on wikipedia of the Take What You Want single: 

... debuting at number eight and becoming Osbourne's first Billboard Hot 100 top 10 in over 30 years, making it the longest gap between top 10 appearances.[4] 

The song is also the first mainstream rock song to hit the top 10 of the Hot 100 since Shinedown's "Second Chance" in 2009

The first Rock song in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 in over 10 Years!

I knew things were bad, but this is way more fucked than I could have imagined.

I thought "I Don't Wanna Stop" from Black Rain was a hit? Guess it never hit top 10. And you're seriously telling me nothing from No More Tears was a hit? Or Dreamer?

Edited by Dr. Strangelove

3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I thought "I Don't Wanna Stop" from Black Rain was a hit? Guess it never hit top 10. And you're seriously telling me nothing from No More Tears was a hit? Or Dreamer?

I looked it up and I think the closest he got was Mama I'm Coming Home peaking at #28

I think I never heard worse mix than It's A Raid

For those who heard it you know what im talking about

Guitar sounds like absolute shit, literally Andrew Fatt farting into microphone.
Vocals are also terrible mixed, especially Post's.

I know that Andrew Twat played in some rock band, and he is not that bad of a guitarist. But why the fuck he mixed his guitar like that is fucked up.

Propably mixing pop songs ruined his taste.

I'm not the biggest Ozzy fan tbh; I like a lot of his early stuff and stuff with Sabbath, but he's been a blubbering, incoherent mess for decades, and has released five albums since 2001. No excuse for the fat man. 

There wasn’t a lot of filler on CD so it probably has lasted me 10 years. But I dip into VR and Izzy for other GNR elements. 

It it would be interesting to put out an album with Slither, Ain’t that a Bitch and There was a Time on it. To do it though the production would have to be even broader. GNR mixtape.