Donald Trump

I had a leaks battle royal and Circus Maximus came out on top

I’ve listened to it once, as I did with all of the instrumentals and can honestly say that i cannot remember anything about it or any of them for that fact.  I also will never listen to them again unless they have vocals and become real songs rather than instrumental sketches.

Totally agree with Borski.

I've listened to all the instrumentals more than once, and I couldn't hum a single bar of any of them.

I guess I might be able to identify the Elvis one if I had to pick it out of a line up, cause that's the one I remember liking best and listening to the most.

But they're all the same to me.

I don't even remember Circus Maxmimus.   Was it the one that goes "na na na naaaa nanaaa naaa" or "na naan nanna n nana  naaan naa?"

19 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I don't even remember Circus Maxmimus.   Was it the one that goes "na na na naaaa nanaaa naaa" or "na naan nanna n nana  naaan naa?"

That's 'Quick Song'.

Honestly, I think the gibberish stand in lyrics help.  You can see how that could be a song, and a decent one.

Whatever the disc is with the Hannibal sample with bucket is where it's at. Bucket was the only reason I was intrigued by this music. Yeah slash is cool, old gnr was cool but bucket and Axl is where it's fucking at.

1 hour ago, magisme said:

None of them are GNR songs.

This may actually be true with some of the Bucket tracks.

Bucket/Brain/Scaturro would make them a Giant Robot Production being brought to the Chinese sessions.

I also kinda like PRL for what it is, but I imagine Axl being excited to show that song to Moby and that makes it funnier :lol:

Oklahoma and Moustache are probably the best instrumentals after Dummy, and Me & My Elvis is really good too.

After all the discs have leaked, what we basically got was 2000 Intentions, a solid EP's worth of unheard songs, a bunch of CD outtakes, and a decent album's worth of instrumental's (basically a 'Buckethead feat. NuGNR' album). I like the CD era and I've wanted a 'box set' of that era for a while, so everything we got was cool for me. There's a lot of stuff on there I'll never listen to again but still, it's interesting to hear. Some songs make me curious about what Axl added, and some songs make me dread what Axl added, but it was interesting to hear all of it.

I have listened to the instrumentals more than the tracks with vocals. Elvis and Circus Maximus are on another level. I expect those two songs to be GNR classics.

21 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Only if they have Axl vocals.  I agree that we can't truly consider any of those songs "GNR" songs unless Axl sings on them.

We know for certain that he did lay down vocals on at least some of these instrumentals. 

5 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Only if they have Axl vocals.  I agree that we can't truly consider any of those songs "GNR" songs unless Axl sings on them.

Even if he's on them, it's just an Axl and Bucket song. This shit has nothing to do with GNR. Just like CD had nothing to do with GNR. And that's not a matter of whether they're good or not. It's a matter of what your average sane person refers to as GNR.

Fuck. I don't think I've posted that in years. Leakshit has brought out the mygina in too many here.

I've always considered the Axl solo years to still be "GNR" cause he was singing.

I consider "Dead Flowers" by Gilby to be essentially a GNR b-side, too.

But that's just me.  I understand all sides of the issue.   I'm such a dirty whore though....the hundreds or even thousands of dollars I spent on GNR merchandise and tickets over the NuGuns era probably influences my opinion, in a need to justify spending all that money on all that dumb shit.

9 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I've always considered the Axl solo years to still be "GNR" cause he was singing.

So it's just a matter of whether Axl calls it GNR for you? Like he called CD GNR so it's GNR, but if he had called it The Axl Rose Project it would have been that? That's a "nah" from me.

Shame just descended upon me when I realized I've spent much, much more money on NuGNR than I ever did on actual GNR. I was making up for missing so much Axl when I was too young to go to shows. I'm an embarrassment by my own standards.

Well....I have enough GNR shirts to wear for like 3 weeks without repeating any.   And I don't even wear them!   I just "have" them.

That's bad.

But I didn't buy Locked N Loaded.

That's good.