Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trump

Will Buckethead and Robin Finck be on the new album?

Will Buckethead and Robin Finck be on the new album? I've been listening to the instrumental playlist below on repeat and I can't imagine Axl replacing all their parts on the new album. I can honestly say that this new album has a chance to be their second best album behind AFD. 

Mustache 

Quicksong

Oklahoma

Circus Maximus 

Elvis

Instrumentally, Sorry is better than all of those songs, and Axl made it a terrible song. Laughable to think he'd make these better than UYI.

Doubt it. Knowing fat, he had slash redo everything exactly like Robin and bucket and if slash bounces/gets fired he will have Robin and bucket redo it exactly like slash...of course it will be our fault somehow.

If you remove Buckethead from specific tracks, I'm looking at you Elvis.... they won't even exist as the same song anymore.  

You might as well just start from scratch.

Oklahoma is turning into a head scratcher. It technically dates back to the  mid 90s and if it was an instrumental up until 2000 at the earliest, this may be one of the Slash tracks they fleshed out.

Not sure it can be chalked up to mere coincidence that it sounds like something in that vein.

Yeah....Sorry was neutered on the album but I can see why Bucket couldn't be removed...it's nothing without him.

That demo doesn't even appear to be GNR. Sounds more like a Bucket/Brain/Scaturro session brought into the mix.

They'll probably rerecord it all or lay new ideas down from pre existing tracks, saying that Bucket imo should have some of his parts left it on there. Sorry was watered down an and overlayered but Prostitute is the best instrumentally for me. 

I'd hope not. Take the six best/most compatible unreleased Axl songs and have the band completely rework them to sound like GNR. Then fill the rest of the album with songs written by Slash, Duff and Fortus over the last few years. That's probably the best GNR album we're going to get.

They should record any old (new) songs from scratch with the current lineup. Even if the current lineup is inferior to the Buckethead era lineup. 

Judging by Chinese Democracy, the previous recordings are way too dense as it is. Re-record it without the billions of layers. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'd hope not. Take the six best/most compatible unreleased Axl songs and have the band completely rework them to sound like GNR. Then fill the rest of the album with songs written by Slash, Duff and Fortus over the last few years. That's probably the best GNR album we're going to get.

Or put the unreleased stuff on a seperate bonus disc, it'll please the casual and hardcores

8 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Will Buckethead and Robin Finck be on the new album? I've been listening to the instrumental playlist below on repeat and I can't imagine Axl replacing all their parts on the new album. I can honestly say that this new album has a chance to be their second best album behind AFD. 

Mustache 

Quicksong

Oklahoma

Circus Maximus 

Elvis

All of those songs listed are complete and utter trash. 

Go go listen to NIN Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Sprial

Reznor does this industrial shit better than Axl...

thats why this crap was never released in the first place, it’s horrible

55 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

All of those songs listed are complete and utter trash. 

Go go listen to NIN Pretty Hate Machine or The Downward Sprial

Reznor does this industrial shit better than Axl...

thats why this crap was never released in the first place, it’s horrible

None of those songs I listed are industrial sounding. You should listen to Elvis again. It is fucking killer!

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

None of those songs I listed are industrial sounding. You should listen to Elvis again. It is fucking killer!

Nah man... I gave these songs a chance, but I don’t like them .

its cool you do, it’s not my place to concern myself with your personal taste.. 

theyre just not my cup of tea

If - big if we ever get anything new, I doubt it has any of Bucket or Robin's parts, but if they use the older material, they will likely have to get some sort of songwriting credit in the line notes. 

It would be a joke(which is exactly what I've come to expect from this fat wig band) if we got an album and it was all rehashed shit Axl has been sitting on for two decades that didn't make the cut for chinese. 

I fully expect a few songs - like obviously Hardschool, which has appeared on setlist, to be on the record. 

18 hours ago, MIA said:

If you remove Buckethead from specific tracks, I'm looking at you Elvis.... they won't even exist as the same song anymore.  

You might as well just start from scratch.

Oklahoma is turning into a head scratcher. It technically dates back to the  mid 90s and if it was an instrumental up until 2000 at the earliest, this may be one of the Slash tracks they fleshed out.

Not sure it can be chalked up to mere coincidence that it sounds like something in that vein.

Yeah....Sorry was neutered on the album but I can see why Bucket couldn't be removed...it's nothing without him.

That demo doesn't even appear to be GNR. Sounds more like a Bucket/Brain/Scaturro session brought into the mix.

Interesting that the instrumental is already titled as "I'm Sorry" and Axl made a point to say he doesnt like to write lyrics until after the music is created to challenge himself. Would be cool to know if at least in this instance, if the working title for the track informed the lyrical subject matter.

4 minutes ago, Uzi Your Illusion said:

Axl made a point to say he doesnt like to write lyrics until after the music is created to challenge himself.

:lol: