Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Strangelove

Rough Mix 2

3 hours ago, John Bonham said:

My God, imagine if Axl and Buckethead had released 4-5 albums together

Imagine if Axl, Slash and Izzy had released 4-5 albums together instead of just two. That would have been something.

Buckethead and Axl ? Don't make me laugh.

2 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Told ya and wait to you hear how much was done in 2006 !

You will understand why Robin said fuck it as did Brain.

another day for that story!

I think it says something that even Paul Tobias left out of frustration. Heck, he was one of the first band members to do it, after Josh and Robin's first time. I know the official reason is he had an aversion to touring, but come on. GNR were scheduled to tour in 2001, and that was rescheduled to later in the year before it was finally cancelled. Both times it was called off at the last minute and Paul didn't quit before either of those times.

I could be wrong but something about that story just doesn't line up to me. If I'm right, it says a lot that someone like Paul Tobias would rather go back to Indiana to be an accountant and get some royalties when/if the album came out than be even richer by performing some shows and putting up with the frustrations of Chinese Democracy's production. This guy got the luxury of being in one of the biggest bands in the world without having to do any of the work to get it there, all he had to do was be a buddy of Axl's from way back. He could still be in the band now, twenty five years later, but even the allure of all that money and hanger on fame wasn't enough to make him put up with more years of the stuff going on behind the scenes of CD. If that doesn't tell you what you need to know about CD's troubled production, there is much more that can yes, but that oughta be a big indicator of just how awful it was.

Axl had so much talent go through this band, who worked together and made some instrumentals that I think could have been great songs when they were truly finished, depending on what sort of lyrics/vocals Axl laid over them of course. But he drove pretty much all of them away by doing nothing with most of the stuff that they had made, and in the case of stuff he did do something with, not releasing it or even playing it until most of them were out of the band. It would have been so easy to keep most of these guys around, GNR was the biggest gig any of them got and still probably is to this day. All he had to do was put out an album, which he seems to have had enough material to do at least once by 2002. Shoot man, I bet most of them would have even been happy if Axl had just rotated more of the new songs into the set with more frequency. I'm not even talking about replacing all the old hits with the new material, I'm just saying that playing a different batch of 3-5 new songs every now and then would have probably been enough to appease these guys and keep them around a little longer. It might not be the same as an album release, but at least that would have been a way to represent the work that they had done.

Hope we get to hear how much was done by 06 some day soon. Regardless of when that is though, I look forward to your reporting on it Bill 👍

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Eye on you and if the world 

Is eye on you any different from the initial version we got a couple weeks ago?

6 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Told ya and wait to you hear how much was done in 2006 !

You will understand why Robin said fuck it as did Brain.

another day for that story!

To the best of your knowledge were any of the album release delays due to ongoing litigation and/or management changes,  or were they pretty much solely due to Axl's need to keep tinkering?

8 hours ago, Haters Gonna Hate said:

BBF ruined every song he was on

I agree... he is a great guitar player, but he sounds like horseshit on Chinese Democacy.

Anyway, can someone PM me Disc 2?

Thanks 😎

1 hour ago, magisme said:

It's not just crazy and stubbornness imo. I just don't buy any of these hypotheticals where CD would have been "OMG EPIC BETTER THAN ILLUSIONS xD" if only Axl wanted to release the music. No. The fact is that Axl straight up doesn't have the chops. And I'm not even talking his voice. It's his writing. His lyrics and his melodies. They're consistently terrible. Sometime between 1990 and 2000 Axl lost his ability to write consistently engaging vocals. THAT is why CD sucked, and that is why most of the leaks with vocals suck.

I disagree. Strange how two people can see it different.

So where are those ''big guns'' ?

Atlas, Perhaps, Grace, Quicksong are good, but they ain't big guns.

Soul Monster, Zodiac, Devious Bastard, Oklahoma have potential, but not for Guns n' Roses.

The fact is there is no better ''singles'' than Better, CD, TIL, no better "epics" than TWAT, Prostitute, Catcher.