Joker 😆

Builds on 1970's rrovies in the same way rap rrusic built on

James Brown

Put Arthur Fleck on your Most Memorable People of 2019 list along with

Cliff Booth

This is the kind of movie that inspires conspiracy theories 

RIP Ginger Baker 😱

On 10/4/2019 at 4:03 PM, AxlisOld said:

Lol someone always has to downvote the YouTube video. Who the hell picked Leto?

I did :lol:

Watched the movie yesterday and it's amazing. Definitely not a feel good movie. Joaquin is the best Joker. Heath 2nd and to disagree with most of you (not just for the sake of it, honest opinion) I don't see anything special about Jack Nicholson's. I simply don't care for the Tim Burton movies and think they're pretty stupid. I like my stuff dark and edgy.

Ledger was great but that character was way more deranged psycho than Joker.

I don't know how people are supposed to be identifying with "Arthur"...it's clear he is sick in the fucking head in an uncool way.

The whole "clown killer as hero" element was probably the weakest part of the movie for me actually...but whatever.

I think most of the movie is shown through the Joker's own views. Like, his friend gives him a gun and then later in the movie, someone says he tried to buy the gun from him. The whole girlfriend thing is one of his dellusions. It's shown that the boys beat him up and steal his sign and then his boss says he was told Arthur stole it.

So the whole ending where he rises as some kind of hero could be one more of his dellusions.

I like how he became an evil person but still shows signs of humanity that we can identify with or even cheer for him. That's a realistic approach. Much more interesting than any comic book villain who is just evil for the sake of it, and wants to take over the world.

This movie was phenomenal. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw it last night. I cannot wait to go see it again. Don't worry about what the large minority of film critics are saying. These are the same type of people that slagged off A Clockwork Orange back in the 1970's.

The lack of mark hamil in the poll is a pisser. Heath was the best ainec. Mark hamil is second in my book. I have yet to see the new film however.

I want Crispin Glover to play the joker

8 minutes ago, maynard said:

SPOILER My god this scene is so good. SPOILER

Hide contents

That was a great scene I must admit. Especially with all the build up, well done.

i just wish we had a bit more of it during the middle instead of towards the very end.

Jack will always be # 1 to me. Just enjoyed that take on the character the best.

Heath was good - but wildly overrated. Never sniffs an award for that performance if he were still alive. I enjoyed it, but people calling it one of the greatest performances of all time is a bit far fetched. 

Leto was a disappointment; generally like him as an actor, thought he had the chops to pull off the role, but the direction of the film and the character were both piss poor. 

Romero was great for what he was. That show was generally a delightful, campy mess. I still enjoyed it.

Hamill as a voice actor is comparing apples to oranges; tend to enjoy his voice in the role, but can't compare a live, physical actor to voiceover work. There is more that goes into the role when you need to provide the look, the mannerisms, and all that fun stuff. 

Haven't seen Joaquer yet, heard mixed - but mostly good things. 

I like Jack. It's the right mix of everything. 

Ledger is great but Nolan's universe is arguably more ridiculous that Burton's. 

Haven't seen the new one. 

I actually preferred Tom Hardy's Bane to Heath's Joker. As ridiculous as that may sound, there has never been a precedence set for the Bane character. I liked Hardy's take on him. With the Joker you had Romero into Jack into Hamill's voice take, so you could take different concepts from those. Outside of a cameo in the shitty Schumaker films, Bane was always nonexistent on film. I think they did a good job with that character bringing it into a more realistic universe. 

This scene was so great as well...

Spoiler

Seeing Arthur climbing those stairs at the start of the movie and then dancing his way down as the Joker... Just fucking cool.