Sign in to follow this  
auad

P.R.L. N' Rough Mixes 2 content Discussion

It looks nothing like GNR.
Electronic beat that could turn into something if it was worked on ... it looks like Snap or something from the 90's.

1 minute ago, Salsh Borski said:

A pile of shit.  Simple as that.  Pitmanesque bullshit.

You have to listen to it with 1997-1999 ears. 

It's not good, but it was a different time. It's like listening to some of Neil Young's 80s albums. Most of them stink, but they don't stink because they aren't timeless due to the topical style he tried to take on. They stink because they aren't very good. 

Even if PRL, Silkworms, and OMG were considered good (I like OMG sue me) - a huge chunk of the fan base would still think they suck. This is because they are as cheesy and out dated now as the caricature of 80's glam rock that Axl was trying to step out of the shadow of was when Axl put together these "Moby Animal Rights/Nine Inch Nails" inspired songs.

17 minutes ago, gunsntortillas said:

Okay so if you bought the Matrix on VHS back in 1999 and there was an advertisement at the start of the VHS showing you a montage of all the cheesy action movies you could own by joining some ripoff movie club promising to sell you tapes for a buck each, this is the generic "royalty free heavy action music #5" that the advertisement would be set to. 

Perfect description. Axl and Slash are equals in the end. Slash loves his generic hard rock and Axl just loves his generic whatever was trending in the 90s rock.

Just now, RedHook said:

Any prose with this one, was it leaked by the chairman

Not by chairman.

I think there are pros to every track leaked music is a matter of taste I have not heard a track I hated.

They are all demos so they all have their value for what they are 😁

3 minutes ago, jdfdemocracy said:

Not by chairman.

I think there are pros to every track leaked music is a matter of taste I have not heard a track I hated.

They are all demos so they all have their value for what they are 😁

It is good that something leaked, I was refering to the chairmans poetry. Seems this leaker is silent so far.

1 minute ago, RedHook said:

It is good that something leaked, I was refering to the chairmans poetry. Seems this leaker is silent so far.

My bad but no it was not let loose by the chairman.

This was someone else.

13 minutes ago, evader said:

I'm highly dubious to the legitimacy of this. Like gunsntortillas, it sounds to me like a Matrix soundtrack B-side.

Could be fake we will see when the chairman drops disc 2

20 minutes ago, evader said:

I'm highly dubious to the legitimacy of this. Like gunsntortillas, it sounds to me like a Matrix soundtrack B-side.

It sounds very Pitmanish.

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

the more pitmanshit i hear, the more convinced i am that tool is entirely to blame for the downfall of axl rose

2 hours ago, maynard said:

Pitman's work with Tool:

Tool (BMG/Zoo) - In 1994/95, Pitman toured with them and, in 1996, played synths on the song "Third Eye".

:lol:

I thought Axl wanted Pitman because he could work with ProTools.

11 hours ago, gunsntortillas said:

Okay so if you bought the Matrix on VHS back in 1999 and there was an advertisement at the start of the VHS showing you a montage of all the cheesy action movies you could own by joining some ripoff movie club promising to sell you tapes for a buck each, this is the generic "royalty free heavy action music #5" that the advertisement would be set to. 

GNFN'R Pulitzer Award nominee.