magisme

Leakshit Hate Thread

6 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

@magisme  Is Bacardi the discount broski?  Yes or no?

How could anyone be the discount Broski? Broski costs $0.00 and still no one wants him.

For accuracy, and for those who can't into rhetoric, should we now state that, objectively speaking, the vault contains exactly zero complete songs?

9 hours ago, magisme said:

hotdogman liked this. That means he's getting worried that Doc and I are about to get into an epic shitfeud.

Don't worry. Won't happen. And even if it did we both know spazzing out is in our natures so we'd get over it quickly.

The thread is intentionally over the top, man. No one is actually mad. I just wanted those of us who are underwhelmed to have a thread, but it would have been lame as fuck if I called it the "Leaks Are Underwhelming Thread."  :lol:

Oh thank the big dog in the sky :)

55 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Objectively no big guns 

SOG is top notch in terms of NuGNR, but you can't call it a big gun in terms of GNR in general. I'd put it on par with The Garden. It's like a deep cut gem.

They are basically Axl versions of NIN, Manson, Soundgarden and boy band songs. From the whole leak thing the only song I can see as having a chance of having any rotation is one of the versions of Chinese Democracy. It's very short, short guitar solo, nu-metalish riff.

Other songs are all soulless or lack memorable melodies.

Really only view Atlas & Perhaps as song with legit potential. If he ditches A LOT of the woaah, hey heyyyyy whining shit, re-record better vocals, and master they could be good songs IMO. I just hate all the whining. Who the fuck told him "Oh yeah!! The whining sound awesome Axl!" Fuckin ridiculous. If they release Atlas with 20 year old vocals, drums & whatever else is in there, it'd be one of the most EPIC shows of laziness by musicians that i can recall. For Christ sake, its been 4 years! The supposed pros couldn't come up with 1 single song in 4 years?? WTF

10 hours ago, AG Barr said:

Really only view Atlas & Perhaps as song with legit potential. If he ditches A LOT of the woaah, hey heyyyyy whining shit, re-record better vocals, and master they could be good songs IMO. I just hate all the whining. Who the fuck told him "Oh yeah!! The whining sound awesome Axl!" Fuckin ridiculous. If they release Atlas with 20 year old vocals, drums & whatever else is in there, it'd be one of the most EPIC shows of laziness by musicians that i can recall. For Christ sake, its been 4 years! The supposed pros couldn't come up with 1 single song in 4 years?? WTF

Aerosmith took 10 years to make their last album out of leftover songs from the decade before.

Hopefully Axl & Co don't take that long

21 hours ago, AG Barr said:

The “hey heyyyyy whining” is the best part of perhaps.

Leakshit Hate in Perspective:

Listened to Leakshit 1000x more than I ever listened to any of Slash or Duff's non-GNR material. Literally couldn't hum you one of their songs, including VR. Would never make a hate thread about their work because lol who cares.

Fuck you, Alex. Your leaks suck.

10 minutes ago, magisme said:

Leakshit Hate in Perspective:

Listened to Leakshit 1000x more than I ever listened to any of Slash or Duff's non-GNR material. Literally couldn't hum you one of their songs, including VR. Would never make a hate thread about their work because lol who cares.

Fuck you, Alex. Your leaks suck.

You’re going to make Assad cry.

19 minutes ago, popcorn's snare said:

I haven't listened to any of the leaks.  Is any of it good?  Or is it Axl's band making music with no Axl present on most of it?  

Name the top 3 songs. 

1. State of Grace

2. Atlas

3. Silkworms

If you hate Silkworms then maybe you're a loser who will like Perhaps and/or Hard School.

Listen to those and you've pretty much heard it all, unless you want to hear a bunch of instrumentals.

2 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

I haven't listened to any of the leaks.  Is any of it good?  Or is it Axl's band making music with no Axl present on most of it?  

Name the top 3 songs.  

The songs with vocals are:

-Hardschool, which is that song Jackie Chan that we only had a snippet of for, what, 15 years?

-Atlas Shrugged

-Silkworms, missing the chorus from RIR3/HOB since apparently they hadn't come up with it yet.

-State of Grace

-Perhaps

-Eye On You, which is just one verse and a chorus repeated a lot.

-Tommy Demo #1, which might have Axl on backing vocals but probably doesn't.

-Going Down withour Axl on backing vocals.

-Quick Song, which is just Axl making noises.

-Nothing, which is just one line repeated in different ways.

Everything else is instrumentals or earlier versions of the songs before they got way overproduced, some with Josh Freese on drums. Chinese Democracy in particular sounds waaay better with a shorter intro and the vocals mostly being Axl's deep voice instead of a mix of that and his higher one, but they're all miles better than the album versions, even without Buckethead's contributions.

19 hours ago, magisme said:

1. State of Grace

2. Atlas

3. Silkworms

If you hate Silkworms then maybe you're a loser who will like Perhaps and/or Hard School.

Listen to those and you've pretty much heard it all, unless you want to hear a bunch of instrumentals.

State Of Grace could be good song but Alex ruined the song with his half-assed terrible vocals

On 10/3/2019 at 4:44 AM, magisme said:

For accuracy, and for those who can't into rhetoric, should we now state that, objectively speaking, the vault contains exactly zero complete songs?

Disc 1 which is basically the 2000 Intentions album just needs a final mix,, mastering, and wrapped in cellophane.

I would consider those complete.

Songs like Oklahoma and Soul Monster are instrumentally complete.

Other than that, yeah a lot of this material such as Prom Violence, Dummy,etc. are nowhere near complete and tracks like Dub Suplex and Devious Bastard are verging closer to Buckethead solo material than GNR.

I know fans have mocked the vault for years but I am actually surprised he really had this much material to work with. 

A few years ago, Stinson said there are 22 finished tracks in the vault along with a bunch of other assorted tracks in various stages of completion. 

I believe him. That's enough for one more album with some leftovers and lines up with Axl's previous comments regarding his belief that Chinese was meant to be a double album.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:42 AM, Bill Brasky said:

Objectively no big guns 

Disagree.

If tracks like Oklahoma and Soul Monster are not considered big guns, the term has no meaning.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, popcorn's snare said:

Name the top 3 songs.  

Atlas Shrugged

Oklahoma

Soul Monster

Whatever lyrics he brought to the table for those last two songs will make or break them. 

Perhaps is basically a lost UYI gem that features Brian May. 

The surprising thing to me about these sessions as a whole is the Soundgarden influence. It's really front and center on songs like D Tune, Curly Shuffle, The Rebel, and Oklahoma, which is like Soundgarden meets A Flock of Seagulls.

The NIN influence not as pronounced as we were told years ago but State of Grace is their NIN impersonation.

Incomplete tracks like Prom Violence, As It Began, Inside Out do show potential but they're covering similar ground as tracks much further along.

I've enjoyed the leaks so far for the most part, but there is one thing I absolutely hate, and that's the fact that The General existed by this point but it's one of the few tracks mentioned by Axl not among the CDs. Now I know it wouldn't have the orchestral bits and would probably lack any vocals from Axl, but I really enjoyed what I could hear from the phone clip we got last year, and I'd just like to know if the whole song sounds that cool or if that's the only awesome part surrounded by "My World" levels of bad. If this were any other band I'd lean toward the first, but well, we're dealing with Axl Rose here. I think Brasky said his intel was that Billionaire was The General, which kinda has me worried the latter could maybe be the case. That or that's a piece of the song meant to be mixed with it, and despite not having heard The General in full, I can already tell you that's only a good idea if you're the type of person to pour a shaker full of pepper into cake batter.