Was Atlas Shrugged better than at least one song on the album?

Was Atlas Shrugged better than at least one song off of Chinese Democracy?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Was Atlas Shrugged better than at least one song off of Chinese Democracy?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still can't believe Pitoman had to steal someone else's electronic ambiance to shove it in the beginning of Riad. NuGNR was so pathetic lol.

How that even made it on the final release without somebody noticing it is beyond belief 

Honest question for those of you who dislike Riad.   How often do you drink your own urine? Over/under four times a week?

Just now, arnold layne said:

Fair analysis. 

I think most of Chinese Democracy is pretentious shit in hindsight. 

Probably the shortest, most honest review of the album I have heard. I still dig Madagascar as a song, but I really don't find myself listening to much - if any of it anymore. It definitely doesn't stand the test of time, and these dated demos - Atlas included, aren't any different.

My only reaction to them was heh, this might have made a pretty decent record 20 years ago. 

I kind of wish we got more out of Buckethead tbh. 

Scraped is an absolute mess of a song, especially the few times they played it live. The chorus of Mickey Axl's, the hokey lyrics that sound like they're from a fucking Kelly Clarkson song or something, and the brutally autotuned lead vocals. 

The guitar work is pretty good, but I expect that from pretty much anything buckethead got his hands on. 

IMO, Atlas is by far the best song with potential. I swear to Christ if they just remove Stinson and some guitars for Duff & Slash to overdub, and use Faxl's 20 year old vocals on this EP, when they have had PLENTY of time to come up with ANYTHING new, I'll be done with this so called band. That would just be utterly pathetic, for so called professional musicians. I can't imagine this is what Slash & Duff would wanna do. Or any self proclaimed professional musician, for that matter. Its just a cop out IMO. Another way to bankroll more cash to continue this tour, or another in a different name. Make some new shit assholes.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, killablues said:

"As a gift, Trump Steaks are the best you can give. One bite and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. And believe me, I understand steaks. It's my favorite food and these are the best."

- The 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump

Trump steaks are the BEST!!

Let's put it this way, I would take any of these songs listed below over Scraped, Shacklers Revenge, If The World, Prostitute, Riad & The Bedouins, This I Love and Sorry:

- Oh My God (1999)

- Silkworms (1999)

- Atlas Shrugged

- Perhaps

- State of Grace

No offense, but fuck all of you that  downgrade Riad as being a bad song. 

People constantly whine and complain about all the Stephanie/Erin crying ballads and the woe-is-me lyrics on so many songs. 

But then you cry and wipe shit on your leg about the best rock song from the album?  It’s the only song with  “angry” vocals, it’s got a great chorus (you know you sing along to it), great guitar. 

Riad was CD’s version of Nightrain and You Could Be Mine. Songs that showed off Axl’s big balls.  

Yet you taint kissers downgrade it and prefer songs like Sorry, which is just typical Axl woe-is-me whining. 

Pre-CD Chinese Democracy and Riad are the only two rock songs Axl has released in 28 years. 

Fucking piss drinkers. 

55 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

People constantly whine and complain about all the Stephanie/Erin crying ballads and the woe-is-me lyrics on so many songs. 

But then you cry and wipe shit on your leg about the best rock song from the album?  It’s the only song with  “angry” vocals, it’s got a great chorus (you know you sing along to it), great guitar. 

Riad was CD’s version of Nightrain and You Could Be Mine. Songs that showed off Axl’s big balls.  

Yet you taint kissers downgrade it and prefer songs like Sorry, which is just typical Axl woe-is-me whining. 

Pre-CD Chinese Democracy and Riad are the only two rock songs Axl has released in 28 years. 

Fucking piss drinkers. 

The song itself is fine. Music is great. I dont care for it because the lyrics aren't much to write home about, and Axl's MM helium vocals suck. I'd probably be able to get past the lyrics if the song was sang with the old Axl venom. 

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

Fucking piss drinkers. 

I don't disagree, but I think the whining was by design. The guy has a whiney cartoon voice now. There is no more power, so songs like Riad don't work as well.

25 minutes ago, AG Barr said:

I dont care for it because the lyrics aren't much to write home about.

To be fair, Axl is extremely hit and miss with his lyrics.

Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, oh won't you please take me home.

Axl has two pretty unique (to him) styles of lyrics. One where he basically does nursery rhyme lyrics and then ones where he uses unique phrasing and words. It's almost like two different people are writing the songs. Take Catcher in the Rye, he phrases things a little differently than most songwriters do. But then songs like PC and SCOM are pretty basic color-by-numbers nursery rhyme type lyrics.

But some of the greatest rock songs of all time have really, really cheesy lyrics.  Think about Satisfaction or Twist and Shout and songs like that. Pure fluff - but still great songs.

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

Fucking piss drinkers. 

based as fuck

the 2006 buckethead version was best

I can't even make it through the butcher job Ron does on 'Catcher'.

Perhaps I am a bit biased because I loved that leak with Brian May and already has a few years of listening to it.  But even absent that, I think I could still recognize that Ron's guitarwork is just too busy for that sort of song.

So there you go.  There is my one song I'd say it's better than.

32 minutes ago, D-GenerationX said:

I can't even make it through the butcher job Ron does on 'Catcher'.

Perhaps I am a bit biased because I loved that leak with Brian May and already has a few years of listening to it.  But even absent that, I think I could still recognize that Ron's guitarwork is just too busy for that sort of song.

So there you go.  There is my one song I'd say it's better than.

Gotta say, diversity is great. I happen to love CITR. Preferably the version off RM1. But I understand why others detest it. As I detest Scraped & Rhiad. 

4 minutes ago, AG Barr said:

Gotta say, diversity is great. I happen to love CITR. Preferably the version off RM1. But I understand why others detest it. As I detest Scraped & Rhiad. 

Oh, the old leaks, I dig.  I dig those a lot.

I just can't see how you have that in the can, then have Ron puke all over it, and determine..."oh yeah, that's the one we'll use."