Sign in to follow this  
RedHook

Why hasn't the Catcher In The Rye 2002 music video leaked?

I was reading chinese whispers recently and came accross a video being filmed in Shanghai 2002 for what was to be the albums first single "Catcher in the Rye"

What became of this, has anybody seen any of this video?

Here is another article about the Catcher video

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-film-video-for-first-single-off-chinese-democracy/

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

There was a Catcher video up on YouTube until last year? Until it got pulled, it was professionally filmed although not officially released bit like the Better video.

Is that the one with the kid walking alone through the streets and subways bouncing a tennis ball until he ends up at some carnival?

31 minutes ago, evader said:

Is that the one with the kid walking alone through the streets and subways bouncing a tennis ball until he ends up at some carnival?

Yeah. Unless theirs another one, don't think it was filmed in Shanghai. Looked more like L.A.

On the MSL hacked emails there was stuff from Azoff I think where he said they could built a video entirely of free stock footage and without paying anything.

From what I remember from this video, it fits. 

26 minutes ago, default_ said:

On the MSL hacked emails there was stuff from Azoff I think where he said they could built a video entirely of free stock footage and without paying anything.

From what I remember from this video, it fits. 

I wonder what was filmed in Shanghai then, they had played Hong Kong earlier that summer but no Shanghai show, so I don't think what they filmed is concert footage.

I picture an epic video of the band with China as the backdrop ... might be sitting in a vault somewhere.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, evader said:

I found the video with the kid you were talking about here.

http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9638498?cp_in=wt_uservideo

I think this one is fan made but I don't know any of the details other than it looks to be filmed in LA.

If I remember correctly in the mention of video being filmed in the Chinese Whispers post had the whole band in Shanghai with Axl. But I don't know if we will ever see the 2002 video.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:34 PM, RedHook said:

I was reading chinese whispers recently and came accross a video being filmed in Shanghai 2002 for what was to be the albums first single "Catcher in the Rye"

What became of this, has anybody seen any of this video?

Here is another article about the Catcher video

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-film-video-for-first-single-off-chinese-democracy/

Never existed, Axl was in Shangai in october but just Axl and not for record a video.