Bill Brasky

Stuff You Don’t Know

Last off topic post about the old cess pool the majority of us used to reside in before finding salvation here...

but I’ve been wondering lately how much UK subs is kicking himself in the ass, at least to some extent, for selling the forum when he did. Had he held on just a year longer it would’ve paid off a lot more than selling it to downzy ever did. And the community wouldn’t have died. I had a positive experience with subs during his tenure and he confided in me in PM a couple times that it was clear the band was done and he just wanted to wash his hands of the place.

then like a year later the reunion came, you know the traffic to that site increased ten fold in the first year or so, but he was a day late and a buck short and had already sold it to the biggest tart of the forum who chased everyone away.

then again I guess it all worked out better for us because, at least

speaking for myself, ive enjoyed my time here more than I ever did over there anyways..

6 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Ladies and gentlemen can you please rise up and ask @flebeis

to stop gassing the Syrian people !

Thank you

Gotta stop the leaks one way or another!

Oh and look what I just found!

He lures men in with the promise of unheard GNR demos!!!

msl.jpg

12 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Is Quick Song considered to be a big gun? 

If I'm remembering right, it was one of ten titles confirmed to be legit ten or so years ago, along with the following: The General, Atlas Shrugged, Down by the Ocean, Berlin/Oklahoma, Seven, Zodiac, Thyme, Ides of March and Soul Monster. Far as I can recall all we know about it is that it sounds kinda like Nirvana. The rumor is its also been rerecorded by the current band. So, maybe? But according to Bill's sources the locker version off of these discs only has "Axl noises" so far.

Just gonna make a big side note about some of these others as well. Of all of them, aside from Atlas Shrugged, the only one we know for a fact has vocals is The General. Seems like Atlas, Berlin/Oklahoma, Zodiac, Thyme and Soul Monster were being worked on by 2000 but don't have vocals yet; the only one confirmed to have eventually had them laid down (aside from Atlas) is Soul Monster, if you trust Axl's word. I strongly suspect Circus Maximus eventually evolved into Ides of March, but I don't have any evidence, I'm just going on the fact that they're both titled after Roman things. Something probably evolved into Ides of March, but the more (or just as) likely scenario is Circus Maximus is a random placeholder title and some other instrumental evolved into Ides (I think someone said it was based off an idea Dizzy had at one point?) and this evolved into something else. On that note, I believe one of the Buckethead instrumentals (Like Real Doll, for example) probably evolved into The General eventually. Once again, based entirely on nothing but my own gut feeling; but also, some have noticed similarities between State of Grace and the intro music used before concerts for awhile, which Axl implied was part of The General by saying "You may have heard parts of it somewhere" or something to that effect when asked about the song.

Thyme is an interesting case. It seems like it was initially the name of an instrumental that was meant to be "applied," for lack of a better term, to PRL, if the notes on the CD are anything to go by (PRL w/o Thyme can be seen at one point). Interestingly, since Beltrami is said to have worked on songs referred to as The General, Seven, Leave Me Alone (which we know is Soul Monster) and Thyme, it seems like the title eventually became just that. There has also been unconfirmed speculation that Perhaps is PRL, and therefore is Thyme, but as far as I can recall, that's just speculation. Regardless, the song apparently wasn't considered "A list" material. Beltrami said Seven was the best of the bunch, which is also the one he wrote a guitar part for, and Brain... uh... well, lets just say he sang it praise too.

Nothing is also alleged to have vocals, though the vocals in question are apparently Axl repeating one line over and over. Dummy was supposedly a similar case but it later came out it did not have vocals. Eye On You is a song that is said to feature Axl rapping; with all the recent leaks, it seems like it is the only song with real vocals left from the storage locker discs (Reminder: Quick Song is gibberish, Nothing is one line). However, there is also a supposed 21st disc which has more complete songs, one of which is titled "Dragon," and yesterday Bill said that there was a rumor two new songs were being traded: The General (which if true needs to hurry up and leak) and Tonto. Tonto appears on these storage locker discs but isn't one of the ones confirmed to have vocals, so if this song in circulation has them or not is beyond me.

Interesting thing I noticed, on the back of those CD cases, Zodiac (or Zodiac 13, as it was called) has a note that says "No Vox," but others don't have the same note. Not saying it existed with vocals by then but it seems like maybe it had lyrics done at least? Not sure, might just be an inconsistency in the noting process. This 21st disc apparently has a bunch of complete songs on it so maybe the full version is there? If these Tonto and The General rumors are true that might be where they came from as well.

Anyways, keep in mind none of that is gospel truth, just me compiling what I remember reading and a lot of speculation. I think I've mostly got it right but cannot swear to it.

13 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Last off topic post about the old cess pool the majority of us used to reside in before finding salvation here...

but I’ve been wondering lately how much UK subs is kicking himself in the ass, at least to some extent, for selling the forum when he did. Had he held on just a year longer it would’ve paid off a lot more than selling it to downzy ever did. And the community wouldn’t have died. I had a positive experience with subs during his tenure and he confided in me in PM a couple times that it was clear the band was done and he just wanted to wash his hands of the place.

then like a year later the reunion came, you know the traffic to that site increased ten fold in the first year or so, but he was a day late and a buck short and had already sold it to the biggest tart of the forum who chased everyone away.

then again I guess it all worked out better for us because, at least

speaking for myself, ive enjoyed my time here more than I ever did over there anyways..

I looked up the value on a couple websites and it looks like mygnr is valued at $17,500 and generates about $300 a month in ad revenue. 

First you would have to find somebody who would fork over almost 20G for a website. 

And would that person be willing to put in the daily time to run and admin a forum for $75 a week? It would take five years to make your money back. 

How much did Downs Boy pay for it?

29 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

I looked up the value on a couple websites and it looks like mygnr is valued at $17,500 and generates about $300 a month in ad revenue. 

First you would have to find somebody who would fork over almost 20G for a website. 

And would that person be willing to put in the daily time to run and admin a forum for $75 a week? It would take five years to make your money back. 

How much did Downs Boy pay for it?

Don't know if the number was ever disclosed or not. All I remember is how he couldn't shut up about how he bought it at a loss and didn't intend to make his money back for years. Like, we get it dude, you're a self proclaimed martyr for the GNR fandom. Can you see our houses from up on the crucifix?

Hey, @Bill Brasky, are your sources for The General/Tonto info generally reliable/legit? I only ask because I don't wanna get too excited if nothing is gonna come of it. Don't really know anything about Tonto so I'm not excited for that, but I've been wanting The General since that phone leak, and it was pretty much the one track I thought we had no hope of getting since it wasn't on any of the CD lists.