13 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

not my fault an english teacher doesn't understand english

something something education cuts

I wasn't going to get into the English, but since you bring it up, what part of "specifically" is difficult for you? I know you thought you were spitting revelations when you said that "generally" when someone says "we" it includes themselves, but that literally has nothing to do with anything. I said "we," basically meaning GNFNR. I spread the love. You covet internet attention specific to yourself. That's why you think I'm focusing on myself when I say "we". You project your own narcissism.

Now, back to my original post. You'll see that I said we memed him into an actual insider. Wouldn't that mean that the memes came before the legit insider status? Which is not to say that the memes were more important, but rather to mark that there was a line between memes and actual insider status, which means that the meme people weren't necessarily involved with the actual insider work?

I'll stop here to see if you have any questions. I know your 3rd Teepee education is limited.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

twelve fucking minutes of this homeless-looking boomer's midlife crisis wankfest

he makes bumblefoot look like mozart

that poor, poor crowd

He's pretty terrible live these days. I forgive him because he releases the best music on the market like every other year.

6 minutes ago, magisme said:

I wasn't going to get into the English, but since you bring it up, what part of "specifically" is difficult for you? I know you thought you were spitting revelations when you said that "generally" when someone says "we" it includes themselves, but that literally has nothing to do with anything. I said "we," basically meaning GNFNR. I spread the love. You covet internet attention specific to yourself. That's why you think I'm focusing on myself when I say "we". You project your own narcissism.

Now, back to my original post. You'll see that I said we memed him into an actual insider. Wouldn't that mean that the memes came before the legit insider status? Which is not to say that the memes were more important, but rather to mark that there was a line between memes and actual insider status, which means that the meme people weren't necessarily involved with the actual insider work?

I'll stop here to see if you have any questions. I know your 3rd Teepee education is limited.

your memes only served to lower his credibility when he became an actual insider

people routinely doubt brasky because of his association with the fake atlas leak among other things

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

your memes only served to lower his credibility when he became an actual insider

people routinely doubt brasky because of his association with the fake atlas leak among other things

OK, buddy. You did it! When no one else was willing to try, you and a couple of other brave heroes worked so hard and did more than you should have to bring leaks to the community, only to find that the community didn't appreciate you enough and didn't deserve all the sweat and blood you gave. Out Ta Get You, tried so hard, weight of the world on your shoulders, oh, my love, do you see what I see, whatever the fuck.

OK, Axl?

Yorke's score for Suspiria was decent. Couple of tracks that were out-of-place/overbearing but overall complemented the film well.

10 minutes ago, MIA said:

Even if Nesquick/Caraibes somehow hooked up with an insider/made a connection (unlikely but possible), it is literally impossible to live down the extreme level of Fortus love that was bordering on disturbing in 2002-07.

The only thing missing from that story is Nesquick standing outside the Fortus residence tightly gripping a copy of Catcher in the Rye.

He also had a complete 180 stance on Buckethead. The level of hatred added to the instability.... although provided some comic relief.

When Madagascar leaked in 2007, he thought the solo was Fortus and said it was the most beautiful solo ever recorded. Hours after posting this, Fortus said he's not even on it and it's Buckethead.

Nesquick immediately vanished for months and I joked that he probably jumped off a bridge. I eventually started to wonder if he did jump.

To newcomers....

Every single thing he's said in this thread about Slash-Fortus and a new album, he said in 2002-08 about Finck-Fortus and Chinese Democracy.

I'm not even hating on the guy. I like seeing old timers pop back up after many years. He was a nice yet quirky guy that no one back then could ever forget.

Like I said though....can't really live down such craziness and a name change will not solve anything.

Nobody forgot the predictions leading into guarantees that Fortus was the bands secret weapon, had removed Tobias parts from CD and was going to be ALL OVER Chinese Democracy, including writing credits.

As we all know, Fortus wound up being a dog whistle on the album. 

He then exited stage left from the forums and hadn't been seen in almost a decade.

Now it's back to the secret weapon stuff again.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a3b867d71864fcb5748

ahahahahah

i love it when some retard from eons ago shows up and tries to start his routine again only to get btfo by someone who remembers his shit gimmick

20 hours ago, Amir said:

Finally found an Adler's Appetite recording where we hear his version of the YCBM intro:

Wonder if that's what it sounded like initially...

EDIT: Holy shit the singer does the "While you're breakin' down my back..." bit full throttle, that's really impressive.

That singer is actually pretty good. Sounds way better than current day Axl.

But what a trip this is.

The lead singer doesn't need to do Axl's stage moves/tics. That just makes it seem like a total tribute band instead of Adler picking up a singer who sounds like Axl so he can do GnR songs.

Why does the 2nd guitar player have a stocking cap on? Is it cold in there?

For me, and just my own opinion, it seems strange that Adler would form a band and get an axl-clone and try and sound like old GnR.   It's like if your hot wife divorces you, do you go out and marry a little heavier, less prettier and not as cool version of her? Do you go marry your ex-wife's less hot sister?

7 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

That singer is actually pretty good. Sounds way better than current day Axl.

But what a trip this is.

The lead singer doesn't need to do Axl's stage moves/tics. That just makes it seem like a total tribute band instead of Adler picking up a singer who sounds like Axl so he can do GnR songs.

Why does the 2nd guitar player have a stocking cap on? Is it cold in there?

For me, and just my own opinion, it seems strange that Adler would form a band and get an axl-clone and try and sound like old GnR.   It's like if your hot wife divorces you, do you go out and marry a little heavier, less prettier and not as cool version of her? Do you go marry your ex-wife's less hot sister?

it's adler, what else is he going to do 30 years after he was semi-relevant, release new music? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

it's adler, what else is he going to do, release new music? :lol:

Very true.

I bet it's part of the reason (amongst many) on why Axl hasn't brought Adler back.

"Mom, look up and see what Steven is doing."

"He is playing in a band called Adler's Appetite, doing GnR songs, with a singer who sounds like you."
"OK, let's not call him for a guest spot on the next tour."

Everybody on this forum hates Dave Grohl. But at least he didn't start a new band called "Teen Spirit", hired a Cobain clone, and then play nothing but old Nirvana songs.  Dude started a completely new band, with a new sound, and became extremely popular for a second time.

I think Axl would have a lot more respect if Adler had started a brand new rock band with a non-Axl clone singer.  And they played their own music, with maybe a 3-song GnR set in the middle of the show.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

but adler is a drug addicted hair drummer with no talent and dave is a great songwriter with his life together

I have to admit, you make some extremely valid points.

Maybe Adler could do a thing where for $20, he'll suck your cock for thirty seconds while he's playing GnR songs on the drums?

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

Very true.

I bet it's part of the reason (amongst many) on why Axl hasn't brought Adler back.

"Mom, look up and see what Steven is doing."

"He is playing in a band called Adler's Appetite, doing GnR songs, with a singer who sounds like you."
"OK, let's not call him for a guest spot on the next tour."

Everybody on this forum hates Dave Grohl. But at least he didn't start a new band called "Teen Spirit", hired a Cobain clone, and then play nothing but old Nirvana songs.  Dude started a completely new band, with a new sound, and became extremely popular for a second time.

I think Axl would have a lot more respect if Adler had started a brand new rock band with a non-Axl clone singer.  And they played their own music, with maybe a 3-song GnR set in the middle of the show.

He tried for few, he had the band called just Adler but it wasnt very good

8 minutes ago, maynard said:

Sometimes I forget Steven Adler exists or ever existed.

Yeah he's fucked now that the 3 are together, nobody has any time for him now.

No more guest spots from Slash, Duff or even Izzy