Hardschool Discussion

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People will dance to this song in hallways. 

I played it in a jukebox at my local bar and somebody shouted that's great but where's atlas

Hardschool should be played at sporting events, and on rides at the fair

I thought it was all right. It's better than some of the shit on Chinese Democracy, that's for sure. Definitely better than Scraped and Riad

Why some of these were hoarded for so long, I don't understand. People talked about some of these songs like they were greatest, most epic songs of all time and they've fallen pretty flat tbh. Kinda disappointing

Edited by killablues

I like the rock part. Intro is a bit indulgent, as is inexplicably having two bridges. The first guitar solo is utter garbage and is a nice reminder of how much we hated Finck in the moment before Ashba. Overall I like it but it feels like parts are just mushed in and it should have been a 2:30 rock track. 

If if this was or resembles the final most recent version of it, I get not putting it on the record. It’s good but it’s messy.

32 minutes ago, Barry said:

Some producer years ago told Axl he had 3 good songs.. think Axl fired him for his honesty. It would have been all the half arsed pish like this that he was getting at.

Producer “Axl, you have 3 songs I would actually consider “good”.

Axl:

1 hour ago, TeeJay410 said:

I like the rock part. Intro is a bit indulgent, as is inexplicably having two bridges. The first guitar solo is utter garbage and is a nice reminder of how much we hated Finck in the moment before Ashba. Overall I like it but it feels like parts are just mushed in and it should have been a 2:30 rock track. 

If if this was or resembles the final most recent version of it, I get not putting it on the record. It’s good but it’s messy.

The "all cautions gave" verse and chorus are both very good. Basically, the parts that we heard leaked already. 

I don't mind the song for what it is, which is an indulgent CD-era song with Axl probably pasting together ideas from various different jam sessions as if he is Dr.Dre - but it could have been much more valuable as a straight ahead rocker. The chorus is one of the better things from the CD era that we've heard, but the song is disjointed. 

If you check the confirmed and official data, 92% of people that don’t like Riad have eaten their own cum after jerking off at least three times in their lives. 

Riad is the best rocker on CD. It’s miles above Scraped and the title track. 

Hardschool sounds great because it’s just an old fashion straight forward basic hard rock song. That’s one thing that made Appetite great. nightrain. Mr brownstone. It’s so easy. Jungle. PC. Just basic rock songs, Axl wasn’t trying to create epic masterpieces. That’s why You Could Be Mine is so great. Just solid rock. 

And yes. Hardschool is clearly 100% about Slash. And we don’t know if Axl killed the final version by adding 17 more layers of sound. Think The Blues vs Street of Dreams. 

But this is pretty great for a demo.