Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

2019-2020 NFL Season

On 9/26/2019 at 8:32 PM, arnold layne said:

It is honestly the worst. It just gets me all fired up just so I can say I scored more points? Stupid and yet addicting. 

I enjoy myself doing parlays and losing money when I bet against my own team. 

Fantasy sports is a lot different now then pre/internet and when the internet was young. 

When I started playing fantasy football and baseball you had to rely in your own knowledge. 

For info there was a couple magazines that would be months old and out of date. 

Sportcenter. And the games you watched on TV. 

Thats it. 

Now you can just go online and get 100 cheatsheats and 100 draft experts and 100 overrated and underrated lists. Each week you can see who is injured or expected to play or not. 

In the old days it was 80% you and 20% info. Today, it’s 20% you and 80% info. 

I actually have tested this. I can name four NHL players. I played an NHL fantasy league and came in 4th out of 12. Just by using cheatsheats found online. 

I wish people would lay off these footballers for their bad behaviour. It is obvious that players such as Antonio Brown and Zeke Elliot suffer from brain damage due to playing football. Leave the punishment for off field incidents up to the police and let these guys play ball 

Antonio Brown was a model citizen until this happened:

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

I wish people would lay off these footballers for their bad behaviour. It is obvious that players such as Antonio Brown and Zeke Elliot suffer from brain damage due to playing football. Leave the punishment for off field incidents up to the police and let these guys play ball 

Antonio Brown was a model citizen until this happened:

He gave up a guaranteed 40 mil to end up (I'm assuming) paying to go back to college. 

Yeah, he's fucked in the head. You don't see this type of shit happening in the nba. The nfl is like the American military. They wrap their product up in bullshit patriotism and then throw the players (soldiers) out on the street like garbage when they've outlived their usefulness.

23 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Why do I follow this team. 

If they went 16-0 and won the super bowl....and then did it again the following year.....you would then hate them for being too good. 

On 9/29/2019 at 4:22 PM, arnold layne said:

Not true. 

Come on now buddy! You hate anything and anybody that is successful.  As soon as the Vikings become successful....

How about them Giants? Bench Eli, put in the rookie QB that people scoffed at them taking........2-0 with him. Even winning a game without their best player Barkley.

Saints defense has been suspect this year and they dominated Dallas.  Dak isn't a top 10 quarterback and doesn't deserve 30 million a year.  All teams need to do is focus their defense on stopping Elliott and the Cowboys are doomed.  Sunday was a perfect example. Zeke got stopped - Cowboys offense was pitiful.

How in the world did Tampa Bay bust out 55 points on a team favored to go to the Super Bowl?

Anybody watch the Buffalo game against New England? Tom Brady played awful, and yet even when the Patriots are bad they still win.

Bill Belichick is such a good coach. 

10 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Anybody watch the Buffalo game against New England? Tom Brady played awful, and yet even when the Patriots are bad they still win.

Bill Belichick is such a good coach. 

Josh Allen is shit and the officials helped the Patriots quite a bit(shocker).

5 hours ago, bran said:

Josh Allen is shit and the officials helped the Patriots quite a bit(shocker).

Bro, you are too intelligent to play the “refs cheated” card. 

I was a sports editor editor for about a decade.  And the losing team - and their fans - almost always play that card.  A die-hard fan of a team watches a game differently regarding the calls for and against his team. I’ve been to sooooo many games where I’ve watched a play and saw fans freak out over what they perceive as a missed or bad call....when the official 100% made the correct call.  Go to a T-Ball game and you will hear a parent argue a call and say the 17 year old umpire is against their kid’s team. 

Whats really funny is when BOTH team’s fans say that the refs cheated for the other team. That also happens a LOT. 

Refs don’t care who wins. They really don’t. 

Roger Goodall suspended Brady for four games over an incident that ended up being proved to be false. You think he is telling or letting officials cheat to help NE win? 

I am not a fan of the Patriots just as much as most of us and I agree with @Skeeter. The Patriots just won that game fair and square. 

If anything, they let a few hits slide on Brady, but I love watching good sacks so that is fine with me.

8 hours ago, arnold layne said:

NYG +6 vs MIN. 

Your thoughts @magisme? I put twenty on the Giants. 

Just saw this. Sorry. I would have told you not to do it. Most teams are going to score a lot of points against the Giants this year.

19 hours ago, magisme said:

Just saw this. Sorry. I would have told you not to do it. Most teams are going to score a lot of points against the Giants this year.

I ended up hedging and lost only five. 

I follow this guy on twitter and he is my bet guy. 

But yeah sorry brother. You know your team is garbage when you lose to Minnesota. 

The Steelers losing made happy, plus the Dolphins had a bye week and didn't technically lose.

Post image

Anybody else sports bet?

I use bovada. It's legit. Easy to deposit and withdrawal. The only problem is that I have lost more than I have won. I think I am down about $100.