Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

2019-2020 NFL Season

Brown's 5-million dollar bonus was due to be paid on Monday. It would have been funny if the Pats would have played him Sunday.....then cut him after the game.

Steelers pick looking better, now if only the Chargers would get off their asses. Also Jets thinking they can out tank the Dolphins, game on motherfuckers.

3 minutes ago, bran said:

Steelers pick looking better, now if only the Chargers would get off their asses. Also Jets thinking they can out tank the Dolphins, game on motherfuckers.

I am elated that Pittsburgh hasn't won a game yet. That alone is an excuse to get wasted. 

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

The one time I root for Seattle @AxlisOld and this is how you do me?

None of us know what the fuck happened either.

Just now, Skeeter said:

He did,

Unfortunately your boy Barkley is out 4-8 weeks with an ankle sprain.

Yeah. That's always the risk of putting so much equity in the RB position. Let's hope he comes back strong.

I don't really care what happens this year record wise. I just want to see Jones develop and if there are more than 1-3 salvageable defensive players.

24 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

So does Eli retire after this year?

XFL
That would be a fascinating league if the starting QBs were:

Eli

Kapernick

Tebow

Johnny Manzel

Just now, Skeeter said:

XFL
That would be a fascinating league if the starting QBs were:

Eli

Kapernick

Tebow

Johnny Manzel

I think Eli could retire at the end of the year.

I don't think he will make the testimonials like his brother though. Maybe he hasn't given it much thought and likes the game too much to let it go. 

21 minutes ago, magisme said:

I hope he retires. Eli is a Giant start to finish.

His career record is 116-116.

Do you think the coaches took that into consideration?

It happens in pro baseball. Guys will be hitting .301 or having a six point lead in the batting race, and they will sit out the last game of the season.  Ted Fucking Williams was in that situation with a double-header on the last day of the season. The coach asked him if he wanted to sit out an protect his average. Ted told him to get fucked.

So with a double header to end the season, Ted was batting .39955 Which would be rounded off to the nearest number - which would be officially .400 If he sat out the last two games.

Ted got a hit in his first at bat - could have came out then and had a 400 average. Nope.

Got a hit his second at bat - could have came out now and guaranteed the 400 average. Nope.

Dude went 4-for-5.

Same scenario now in game two. He could have set out the final game with his average secured at .404

Game two, Ted went 2-for-3.

Finished at .406 for the year.

That's a ball player.  Not a pussy like Jose Reyes of the Mets, who took himself out of a game after the first inning to try and win the batting titled.

Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers is in this  position. He has hit over .300 for t he entire season. But has been struggling a bit as of late. He still has 45 or 46 homers. But his average has falledn from the 330 range slowly down to just .302 today.  Dodgers have six games left. It would suck to have a .300 plus batting average all season....but then have it go sub-300 in the final week.   Do they rest him or let him go for it, knowing it could easily drop to the .290 range.

For context, there are only 9 guys in the entire NL with averages over .300 for the season.