Sign in to follow this  
uruguns

Rick Dunsford appreciation thread

Those 15 discs are mostly uninteresting drum and guitar tracks. Only about 15 unreleased songs are said to be on them, plus afd '99.

He did leak HOB and he will eventually leak some tracks. Maybe on his birthday (august 23).

32 minutes ago, uruguns said:

Those 5 discs are mostly uninteresting drum and guitar tracks. Only about 15 unreleased songs are said to be on them, plus afd '99.

He did leak HOB and he will eventually leak some tracks. Maybe on his birthday (august 23).

I'll gladly take that chaff for the wheat that comes with it. 

39 minutes ago, uruguns said:

Those 15 discs are mostly uninteresting drum and guitar tracks. Only about 15 unreleased songs are said to be on them, plus afd '99.

AFD 99 is what I want to hear

15 hours ago, uruguns said:

I said it in another thread, but it deserves being said again: Half of the titles we know sound like something a highschooler would jot down in the middle of class because it sounded like a good title at the time, not because there's an actual idea there. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that a majority of these are solos or instrumental jams that happened to be recorded. I'll also believe until proven otherwise that Axl has recorded vocals for only ten to fifteen other songs from the CD sessions, and everything else is just tons of instrumentals and maybe the occasional vocal idea. There are twenty complete songs, max. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong (that is, hear it with my own ears, not get the info second hand), but I highly doubt that's the case.

The '99 AFD would be neat to hear. Did he ever record vocals for that? I seem to recall reading a long time ago that he never got around to it. I also remember reading at one point that Oklahoma was presented to some magazine and it didn't have vocals at the time, but I can't remember when or where that was. But it wouldn't surprise me if Axl has a bunch of lyrics that he never bothered recording, and then he did interviews speaking as if he had them recorded, because he probably did intend to record them at some point but just never did for whatever reason.

At this point all I wanna hear are full, clear versions of Atlas Shrugged, The General and Hard School. Everything else would be neat but that's all I really wanna have, because those are the only ones we've heard parts of. Other songs we've heard stuff about (Seven, Down by the Ocean, etc.) might be neat but all we really have with those is our imagination, so they could sound like anything.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Brownstone said:

Where did Rick get $20,000 to blow on this shit?

If you have a decent salary and dont pay rent is not that much money.

I'm much more intrigued with how he came across with the seller.

1 hour ago, uruguns said:

If you have a decent salary and dont pay rent is not that much money.

I'm much more intrigued with how he came across with the seller.

Maybe. But it is A TON when your married with kids. I wouldnt even cough up the $500 buy in.

Just now, LL_TJ1 said:

Maybe. But it is A TON when your married with kids. I wouldnt even cough up the $500 buy in. Much less $15,000